Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 12:01 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
Man sentenced for stabbing date 119 times after learning she was trans

Here's my view on this. You're asking for trouble if you pursue someone under false pretenses like this. This person had ample opportunity over the course of their chats to tell him the truth, which is that he was a man. At the very least, after the date, when they started getting physical, he should have been honest. But he chose to conceal it.

These people need to understand that, just because you dress up like a woman, doesn't make you a woman, and doesn't make a straight man want to have sex with you. And you're playing a dangerous game when you ignore that fact.

And for those of you who will claim that these people don't purposefully try to pick up and pursue straight men:

Unlucky-in-love transgender woman reveals she's rejected by straight men because she still has 'male parts'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDoeUnWpccA (Accompanying video)
So you condone 119 stabs?

Old 07-26-2017, 12:04 PM

148 posts, read 103,166 times
I suggest a new law to protect straight people. If a trangender person does this crap, it's a sexual assault and they should be labeled a sex offender. Sad that the person was murdered, but it shouldnt be a surprise.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:05 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
If you are transgender you have an obligation to disclose that fact to any potential dating partners. If you don't then you deserve what happens to you.
Being a jerky date renders murder appropriate? Weird.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:06 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18436572 View Post
I suggest a new law to protect straight people. If a trangender person does this crap, it's a sexual assault and they should be labeled a sex offender. Sad that the person was murdered, but it shouldnt be a surprise.
It's only sexual assault or rape if either of those things actually happened. Both require non-consent and force. Did that happen here??

Old 07-26-2017, 12:25 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I don't have much sympathy for dishonest people. He should have been upfront about his sexual orientation right from the start. It's like anyone who cheats on their spouse, male or female. I'd be all for allowing the spouse to kill the cheater in retaliation. If more scammers, cheaters, and liars had the fear of death as a deterrent, we wouldn't have so many scammers trying to take advantage of people.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
^ So are you condoning violence against transgendered people then?
He could have just walked out of that encounter and chalked it up to a bad decision but he choose to stab this person 119 times !
How is that in any way shape or form a rationale defense?
Look, we aren't at a place in the culture yet where you can just rationally expect someone to just dispassionately walk away from such an encounter AFTER already committing a sexual act with the person. That's not realistic. Get real.

That's playing with people in a very serious way, and you'll get yourself effed up in a minute by doing this. If you're a trans, SAY SO. The stabber is not a gay man and isn't keen on having sex with another male. I'd be highly pyssed too. This ain't a game. I certainly wouldn't stab someone to death, but I'm gonna act out somehow, and someone is gonna get hurt. I can't think of a single straight male that wouldn't have the same reaction.

With the advent of social media and the internet, a LOT OF GAMES are being played with people's feelings and emotions, and it needs to stop. If you wanna play games online, that's one thing, but to actually meet a person under false pretenses s on some romance **** is a good way to get your ass handed to you.

Adults need to leave children's games behind.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:59 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
You don't deserve to be robbed or killed because you have money on you. That is like saying a woman deserves to be raped because she is good looking. At best you could say you have an expectation of being robbed and murdered, but that doesn't mean you deserve it. What kind of a freak thinks murder upon innocent people is deserved. That is the kind of rationality that people doing hard time use. A criminal's mind.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just have a poor vocabulary and don't know what deserve actually means.
If you want to argue semantics then be my guest. The way I see it, life is about action and consequence. If you put yourself in certain situations then you can expect certain results.

Last edited by Chicago South Sider; 07-26-2017 at 02:08 PM..

Old 07-26-2017, 02:09 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Would take a hot shower involving lots and lots of soap and cleaning products, and would never ever speak of the incident to anyone ever.

Certainly not worth going to prison for the rest of yor life.

I would do the same, and I would want to kill the SOB but it is not worth going to prison for life.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:14 PM

783 posts, read 576,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Your entire post was "blame the victim" 101. I'm sorry, but that is NOT a defense of murder. Ever. EVER!

Sure, people should be honest about these things. People do need to be aware of how their actions will affect others.

But this blaming the victim nonsense of yours is terrible. There is no justification for murder.
Of course I'm blaming the "victim", because it was his deceit and hubris that ended up getting him killed. People in this thread are acting like the lying about being a man was the issue. The issue is that he violated this other man by allowing him to have "a type of sex" (whatever that means) when he knew this man clearly wasn't gay. If the person had simply told him before things started getting sexual, the man probably would have been mad and left, but I doubt the "victim" would be dead right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
So you condone 119 stabs?
One stab or 119, doesn't really matter, dead is dead. But I am not condoning the death. I am simply saying that the circumstances have to be considered. As I said earlier, this is a clear case of voluntary manslaughter. The deceit, the shock of the revelation, very similar to the classic case of the husband walking in on his wife and her lover and killing one or both of them.

And I'm also saying that men who think they're women need to understand that straight men aren't going to see them that way for purposes of a relationship. It's wildly irrational to think that just because some people seem to accept you the way you view yourself, that you are somehow ACTUALLY a woman. You're not, so having sex with someone under those false conditions is just ASKING for trouble.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-27-2017 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 07-26-2017, 02:39 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Let's get a visual here: The trans did not disclose he was a man. They decide to go back to his place. The place is dark. (not a mistake but intentional, as the man can't see the trans fully in the dark) They grope around in the dark. His private parts might be taped so the guy would not have felt the full monty. The trans suggests sex but from the "other side." The man agrees. They have anal sex. At some point, either by confession or the man groping around, the man discovers the trans is NOT a woman. He is infuriated. He goes ballistic. The trans is killed. (You asked how a man could not figure out it was a man. He found out after the sex act.) How close are we to this being what happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies