Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 11:03 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times

Advertisements

Did I miss it, where in the article did it say the economy has spend up?

One of the claims by Trump and his economic advisors is we need huge tax cuts to generate growth and create new demand for jobs. Yet the article states that one of the things builders are struggling with is a "shortages of labor."

From the linked article.

Builders are, however, struggling to keep up amid rising lumber costs and shortages of labor and land. Housing starts are running at a 1.22 million-unit pace. That is below their historic average of 1.5 million units, a rate realtors say would eliminate the housing shortage.

How does heating up the economy solve the problems being experienced by builders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 11:05 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
We are still in an Obama economy. I will just sit here and wait for the insults.

But the during the eight years of Obama, he said we were in the Bush economy.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:54 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Of course they are not reporting that the economy is on the uptick because that might mean they need to mention Trump in a positive way but GEEZ the day the economy takes a dip we all know who will get the blame.
Of course they have been talking about the strong economy and have even talked about the stock market investors feeling optimistic about tax cuts for corporations, etc.

I personally can't believe that companies owuld be willing to invest millions based on promises, especially from this administration. Not because of Trump, but because of the inability of this Republican govt. to agree and to get anything of significance done. (But I do think it comes from the top down -- you can't manage your team -- you aren't a good leader).

Over and over and over and over and over many of you have demonstrated that you hear what you want to hear or see what you want to see. If it doesn't fit your tidy neat little narrative you make stuff up.

But it is interesting you NEVER EVER EVER post and question why the same media doesn't report that the previous months sales were down. April saw a substantial drop -- you didn't post about how disappointed you were that the MSM wasn't reporting that sales were down.

New home sales slowed in the second quarter compared to the first three months of the year. The housing market is being hampered by a dire shortage of properties, which is keeping home prices elevated and sidelining first-time buyers. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1AB1Y0

Sales slowing -- is that a strong economy?

I think the economy is doing great but I thought it was doing great a year ago. My husband is in a business that is very sensitive to the economy and for the last few years the trend has been very strong and positive. It's all good. Enjoy -- but stop trying to make it because Trump is some AMAZING financial wizard.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:59 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Any uptick in the economy has NOTHING to do with Trump. I so agree with the above poster.

Trump is so out of his league as Commander in Chief....You're Fired Trump.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:15 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
We are still in an Obama economy. I will just sit here and wait for the insults.
When he was still president the rising home sales was considered very bad news, because middle class people could not afford them. All of a sudden it's good news ......

Old 07-26-2017, 03:17 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
US new home sales rise for second straight month

The Trump economy is rocking it as the media is focused on their fake Russian scandal.
What is fake,trumps minions admitted to it!!!

Old 07-26-2017, 03:18 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
But the during the eight years of Obama, he said we were in the Bush economy.
Obama said that the entire 8 years? Huh?

Old 07-26-2017, 04:59 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Any uptick in the economy has NOTHING to do with Trump. I so agree with the above poster.

Trump is so out of his league as Commander in Chief....You're Fired Trump.
No , we HIRED him, California can't fire him.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:11 PM

1,896 posts, read 810,731 times
So..... does this mean all the employment stats used by the Obama is no longer false......... OR....... did I miss the thread where Trump has put forth the NEW, CORRECT way to measure economic growth and such?

Old 07-27-2017, 10:59 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
So..... does this mean all the employment stats used by the Obama is no longer false......... OR....... did I miss the thread where Trump has put forth the NEW, CORRECT way to measure economic growth and such?
Our Dear Leader doesn't need statistics or measurements; he just makes proclamations and thus a reality is created.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies