Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 02:50 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,221,392 times

Advertisements

I was watching McCain this morning lace into the "bombastic" talking heads that pass for talk radio news casters these days.

Why aren't we hearing from more thoughtful conservatives like George Will and Pat Buchanan? Hannity, Limbaugh, and the other jokers are filling our minds with mush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 02:55 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I was watching McCain this morning lace into the "bombastic" talking heads that pass for talk radio news casters these days.

Why aren't we hearing from more thoughtful conservatives like George Will and Pat Buchanan? Hannity, Limbaugh, and the other jokers are filling our minds with mush.
Conservatism today isn't what it used to be. It's authoritarian and anti-intellectual. It's based on emotions and not facts. It's basically everything that conservatives have long accused liberals of being.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:01 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Conservatism today isn't what it used to be. It's authoritarian and anti-intellectual. It's based on emotions and not facts. It's basically everything that conservatives have long accused liberals of being.
Yep.

The old time conservatives talked about fiscal responsibility, ...

Old 07-26-2017, 03:12 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
I agree Pat Buchanan is an old time Republican but George Will is a neo-con globalist as is McCain.

Heck give me old time Democrats, like there were up until the 1960s. Most Democrats have gone far left.

I'm a conservative, but for example, give me Democrats like Sen Pat McCarren and Francis Walter who sponsored the 1952 Immigration Act that continued to maintain the US demographics going all the way back to the beginnings in 1609. Now the most moderate Democrats are more radical than Emmanuel Cellar and Ted Kennedy.

Both Democrats and Republicans have move leftist on the most important issue.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:16 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I agree Pat Buchanan is an old time Republican but George Will is a neo-con globalist as is McCain.

Heck give me old time Democrats, like there were up until the 1960s. Most Democrats have gone far left.

I'm a conservative, but for example, give me Democrats like Sen Pat McCarren and Francis Walter who sponsored the 1952 Immigration Act that continued to maintain the US demographics going all the way back to the beginnings in 1609. Now the most moderate Democrats are more radical than Emmanuel Cellar and Ted Kennedy.

Both Democrats and Republicans have move leftist on the most important issue.
do you know JFK was pro life?

if JFK were running for president today he would have been called a far right Republican.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:18 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
That's only true when it's applied to supporting racial/ethnic/gender identity politics, immigration, political correct, islam and foreign intervention. Then yes conservativism (and liberalism) isn't what it use to be.

Step one in conservativism would be conserving a nation's culture, heritage and demographics.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:41 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Total nonsense. But that is an accurate description of the modern Left. Fascist, dictatorial, totally intolerant of intellectual and political diversity and totally consumed with the emotional logic of Identity Politics.

Grab a mirror.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:00 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Yep.

The old time conservatives talked about fiscal responsibility, ...
The "old time" conservatives let the Dems walk all over them.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:04 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The "old time" conservatives let the Dems walk all over them.
Yeah, they were trampled. Died in the ambulance.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:06 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
if JFK were running for president today he would have been called a far right Republican.
He'd practically be called a right wing religious zealot by much of today's left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies