Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 05:52 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,504 times

Advertisements

Trump should just keep publicly flogging him because it shows his true character. Its a sad day for the confederacy when a whiney, spoiled brat from NYC can bully and humiliate a high level government official from the deep south and not get so much as an ounce of blowback from his own party. They are all afraid of the Humiliator in Chief. Sessions is a turd - he should at least have the self-respect to punch back at his bully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 05:53 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes, I don't care for many of his decisions but he appears to be an honest man. He did the right thing recusing himself but Trump believes he knows better.

If Trump wants to blame someone for his recusal then he needs to look in the mirror.
First of all, just because someone does one thing "honestly" does not make them an honest or good man. Sessions was pilloried even by those of his own party when it was suggested decades ago that he enter the judiciary.

It was good he recused himself - but that may simply show that he knows the law and didn't want to become embroiled more than he already is (remember, he "forgot" or "lied" depending on your views...about the Russian meetings and what they discussed).

If Jeff forgets stuff like that he has no place in the AG's office as the lack of such a memory proves either falsehood or mental problems.

On the other hand - I'm with you that he should not resign in any case!

Old 07-26-2017, 05:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
You see Session announce he is on the internal leaks.
Soon to announce Hillarygate, to satisfy Daddy Donald.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:56 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
it's funny how Trump supporters don't understand so many of the simple things about Democrats, law, and the world.

So let me explain this, in the hopes that it might sink in:

1. Democrats are contemptuous of Sessions. However, they also clearly understand that in firing him, Trump would be acting (as usual) as a heartless, self-centered bully. Democrats understand the basics of fairness and property. Trump doesn't.

2. If you don't clearly understand the recusal, then you need to have someone explain the basics of ethics and conflicts of interest. Yeah, Trump's frustrated - because Trump wanted a lapdog to do his bidding, regardless of law, tradition, or morality.

I'd be happy if Sessions resigned, but if Trump fires him, it just confirms yet again what an egomaniacal monster Trump is.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:57 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
During the confirmation process Sessions was bashed by the democrats and the media. They called him a bigot and a racist. Now after Trump has called out Sessions publicly, those same people are sticking up for the AG amid rumors that he could be fired.

I personally think Sessions is doing a fine job, but I can understand Trump's frustration over his recusal. So I just want to get Trump haters on record. Should Trump keep Sessions or fire him?
I think he should not resign so that Trump can fire Mueller. I don't like Sessions' politics, but have nothing against him personally. In addition, Sessions gave up a senatorial career to become the AG at Trump's request. Why should that fat clown of a president be allowed to ruin his life?

But, Giuliani and Cruz have the same politics and I personally find them both extremely distasteful.

And I think it would be extremely dangerous to allow an ignorant would be dictator to appoint a lap dog as AG.

Last edited by Enigma777; 07-26-2017 at 06:18 PM..

Old 07-26-2017, 06:32 PM

1,400 posts, read 863,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
it's funny how Trump supporters don't understand so many of the simple things about Democrats, law, and the world.

So let me explain this, in the hopes that it might sink in:

1. Democrats are contemptuous of Sessions. However, they also clearly understand that in firing him, Trump would be acting (as usual) as a heartless, self-centered bully. Democrats understand the basics of fairness and property. Trump doesn't.

2. If you don't clearly understand the recusal, then you need to have someone explain the basics of ethics and conflicts of interest. Yeah, Trump's frustrated - because Trump wanted a lapdog to do his bidding, regardless of law, tradition, or morality.

I'd be happy if Sessions resigned, but if Trump fires him, it just confirms yet again what an egomaniacal monster Trump is.
I understand perfectly the reason Sessions gave for recusing himself. I think Trump is upset that Sessions (lawyer and career politician) lacked foresight concerning Russia at the time of his appointment. It is good to know that the majority of Trump haters are all of a sudden fine with Sessions serving as AG.

As far as lapdogs go:

Quote:
Attorney General Eric Holder brushed off a question Thursday about when he might leave the administration. Instead, the top lawman professed his allegiance to President Barack Obama.

"I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done. I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy. So we’ll see," Holder said in an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show.
Eric Holder: 'I'm still the president's wingman' - POLITICO

As you can see, the haters hold Trump to a higher standard.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:41 PM

628 posts, read 695,503 times
[i]I am 100% Democrat and proud of my choice....

Trump is acting like a teenager, lashing out @ Sessions on Twitter.
Sessions has to be a strong man to stay under the circumstances.
]Trumps actions only proves he immature and like having people stroke his ego,
Sessions is not doing that! I really think #45 would like people BOW down when he enters the room..."F" Trump.
If he fires Sessions, that show his inability to get along with people

Last edited by MegaJoy; 07-26-2017 at 06:52 PM..

Old 07-26-2017, 06:42 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,605 times
I don't care if Sessions stays or goes. But it's bizarre to watch someone publicly trash his own staff in the news every day.... and for a reason that is a non-reason. Even Ann Coulter and Giuliani agree that, legally, he had to recuse himself. THAT'S the problem people are having with this situation, and it has nothing to do with Sessions' political beliefs or whatever.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:04 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
He can go,,, by precious

Old 07-26-2017, 07:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
I never cared for Sessions. Trump is on him because he wants him to quit because he knows that Rosenstein
won't fire Mueller. He needs another worshiper in Sessions job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies