Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 12:22 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times

Advertisements

Sessions is an idiot. He's been exposed as such since he's not in Alabama anymore. He gave up his senate seat to participate in this poop show.

His legacy is ruined. And I couldn't be happier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 12:44 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
During the confirmation process Sessions was bashed by the democrats and the media. They called him a bigot and a racist. Now after Trump has called out Sessions publicly, those same people are sticking up for the AG amid rumors that he could be fired.

I personally think Sessions is doing a fine job, but I can understand Trump's frustration over his recusal. So I just want to get Trump haters on record. Should Trump keep Sessions or fire him?
Why do you understand Trump's frustration over his recusal? Do you understand that Trump's frustration stems from his desire to subvert the FBI's independence?

It should be obvious to anyone with an a-hole and a pulse why Sessions recused himself; he was an integral advisor to Trump's campaign and could not therefore be in a position to act independently on the Russian investigation. His recusal is not surprising; it's what is SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. What ISN'T supposed to happen is Trump's attempted politicization of the FBI. In other words, Trump's frustration is frustration with the independent rule of law.

So NO - I DON'T want Sessions to go. I don't want to see the AG played with so that Trump can dictate to the Justice Dept what it can and cannot prosecute - that is NOT how a democratic republic is supposed to work. Trump put him into office, and now he can damn well deal with him there. Furthermore, you'd have to be an idiot not to have known that your advisor is going to have to recuse himself of this investigation. Sessions, for all his flaws, has more integrity than Trump, and so I'd like to see him act as somewhat of a check on this reckless maniac in the White House.

Of course, being the reckless enemy of the rule of law that he is, Trump will probably fire him and then orchestrate the firing of Comey - which will usher in the greatest Constitutional crisis of your lifetime. Mark my words.

Also, that conservatives care nothing about any of this shows that they are neither friends of America nor supporters of the Constitution. A true patriot would and should be horrified by what is going down.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:00 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,018,259 times
I would think that the Senators feel much more favorable toward Sessions than Trump since he's their former colleague.
Agree with him or not, there has to be the straw that breaks the camel's back and this could do it. How can a majority gop congress stand by, see this happening and do nothing?
Degrading your own AG and trying to bully him into resigning for following the law bc it might hurt you? Seriously, wtf?

Old 07-27-2017, 01:13 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,301,121 times
I'll be very glad if sessions goes. Mainly due to his arcane stance on legal cannabis, drug laws and civil forfeiture. Hopefully he'll be replaced by someone that's not an ancient freedom hating dinosaur.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:45 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Interestingly, it has been stated that Priebus wants Sessions to stay, but The Family wants Trump to get rid of him.

Trump and his family appear to be guilty as hell and hiding a lot. DC is going to be a dirty corrupt place until that family is gone. And the fact that Pence has been such a smarmy sycophantic suck-up to the king has made him appear to be a servant. What a pathetic WH.

If that stuffed shirt becomes president, how much recovery will our country have, in the eyes of the world?

Old 07-27-2017, 03:35 AM

14,759 posts, read 8,093,254 times
I am not a fan of Sessions, by any means, but he did do the only right and ethical thing he could do by recusing himself
from the Russian investigation. I will give him that. I think it is really sad how Trump can turn on people who were loyal to him, so fast. But, this whole thing is sort of becoming like a strange comedy to watch...if it weren't so absolutely such a
serious matter and threat to our Country.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:47 AM

4,026 posts, read 2,711,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
News is saying it's the Trump kids telling Trump he needs to get rid of Sessions. When did a president's children become so powerful?
Since one of them is under investigation and has a lot to lose if Sessions, being the only block to Mueller not being fired from investigating said child, stays on.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:06 AM

1,172 posts, read 2,530,656 times
Never fear, Melania is going to put a stop to cyberbullying!

Old 07-27-2017, 12:27 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
News is saying it's the Trump kids telling Trump he needs to get rid of Sessions. When did a president's children become so powerful?

Sessions needs to stay at least as long as the Mueller investigation is going on.
I've often noticed the only thing worst than typical rich guys are their rich, spoiled know-nothing kids.

I think Jared and Ivanka are behind a lot if not all of the most objectionable things going on in the administration. I never liked them being placed in the Whitehouse.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Sessions is an idiot. He's been exposed as such since he's not in Alabama anymore. He gave up his senate seat to participate in this poop show.

His legacy is ruined. And I couldn't be happier.
Yeah right, you never liked Sessions to begin with. His legacy isn't ruined. if anything it's strengthened. He's still there doing things as AG that he couldn't have done as a senator. He could probably get his Senate seat back in the future if he wanted to. Heck, if he ran for President, I'd vote for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies