Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 05:38 PM

1,400 posts, read 863,606 times

Advertisements

During the confirmation process Sessions was bashed by the democrats and the media. They called him a bigot and a racist. Now after Trump has called out Sessions publicly, those same people are sticking up for the AG amid rumors that he could be fired.

I personally think Sessions is doing a fine job, but I can understand Trump's frustration over his recusal. So I just want to get Trump haters on record. Should Trump keep Sessions or fire him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 05:41 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
I don't like Trump and I don't like Sessions. What I do want is for the Mueller investigation to move forward and identify anyone from either party that could have colluded with Russia in influencing elections. We are in dangerous territory and the world needs to know that the United States will expose such attempts. If removing Sessions would impact Mueller, I want him to stay until it's done. Beyond that, I have no good opinions of Trump or Sessions.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:41 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Whoever he picks is going to fail because it isn't about Comey or Spence or Tillerson or Sessions; it's about the biggest abject failure of a president in American history. I have no love for Sessions and would be fine with him being gone. But if Trump was Noah, he would have had 10 million scapegoats and not another animal on the boat.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:43 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Yes, I don't care for many of his decisions but he appears to be an honest man. He did the right thing recusing himself but Trump believes he knows better.

If Trump wants to blame someone for his recusal then he needs to look in the mirror.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:46 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
During the confirmation process Sessions was bashed by the democrats and the media. They called him a bigot and a racist. Now after Trump has called out Sessions publicly, those same people are sticking up for the AG amid rumors that he could be fired.

I personally think Sessions is doing a fine job, but I can understand Trump's frustration over his recusal. So I just want to get Trump haters on record. Should Trump keep Sessions or fire him?
I don't care for Sessions personally. I disagree with him on many things, such as his drug policy.

If he is to be let go, though, I want to see it for a legitimate reason. Not because Trump wants a "yes man", and Sessions isn't living up to that standard.

And on the subject of the Russia investigation, he did the right thing by recusing himself. I have some respect for him on that move.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:48 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
This is good for Trump haters either way. Trump continues to embarrass himself as he demeans one of his most loyal supporters. Whether he fires Sessions at this point or not, Trump continues to look like an idiot and more and more republican politicans are speaking out against Trump's comments.

Trump is a fart, and every time he tweets, he reminds us of how much he stinks.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
According to polls I have seen, most people think that Sessions should not do as Trump wants and resigns.

Note - this has absolutely nothing to do with whether one likes or dislikes Trump or Sessions. In that regard I think Trump is barely human and Sessions is a holdover from the white sheet crowd.

But it just shows how bad Trump is when the strongest of "conservatives" is pushed under the Bus. At this point it's just a question of who turns against who. Is blood thicker than water...that is, would Trump push Kusher under a bus if he and Don Jr. etc. can escape?

Make no mistake about it. This whole Russia thing is not a distraction. If it was then Trump wouldn't threaten to fire an AG due to the AG not "protecting" him for his crimes.

Something stinks here.

But back to the OP - I support Sessions telling Trump to shove it or fire him..but not resigning. Most Americans feel the same - that is the honorable way. If Trump wants to lower himself even more, let him do the firing...

Old 07-26-2017, 05:51 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Talking Do Trump haters want Sessions to stay on as Attorney General?

I never wanted that elf to be AG in the first place. He's a little weasel.

But now that tRump has put him in place, it's extermely entertaining to see the two of them putting on their little kabuki dance.

It's clear that Sessions is an un-American twerp, with his desire for civil forfeiture.

And tRump wants to dump him because he's faithfully following the law in recusing himself, because he was too involved in the campaign and had too much cozy contact with the Russkies.

Whatever happens, it's certain to be fun and it will tighten the noose around tRump's flabby fat neck.

Nome sane...

Old 07-26-2017, 05:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
No, I want him to fire Sessions so that Sessions won't have his AG job nor his senate seat.

I don't hate Trump, but I hate Beauregard Sessions.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:52 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
I do not like Sessions, do not agree with his views and did not want him selected as AG. However, I do think he did the right thing in recusing himself from the Russia investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies