Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 07:49 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times

Advertisements

Trump military transgender ban sparks protests | Daily Mail Online

Oh noes! Guess Trump is finished now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 07:52 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
I don't think they're being practical. It's not because Trump hates transgenders, they are just too medically dependent, which is unnecessarily expensive for money being funded by us taxpayers.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:56 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I don't think they're being practical. It's not because Trump hates transgenders, they are just too medically dependent, which is unnecessarily expensive for money being funded by us taxpayers.
I see your point - but that begs the question, what is "too expensive" vs. "not too expensive"? Where do we draw the line on what HC is offered to our soldiers?

This is a slippery slope, to me. I see your perspective, I just find it full of issues.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:58 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Trump broke a promise to them:

“Thank you to the LGBT community! I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs,” Trump had written in June last year.

Twitter Reminds Donald Trump of His False Promises to LGBT Community

Old 07-26-2017, 08:00 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
^^^ This

Old 07-26-2017, 08:01 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,063,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I see your point - but that begs the question, what is "too expensive" vs. "not too expensive"? Where do we draw the line on what HC is offered to our soldiers?

This is a slippery slope, to me. I see your perspective, I just find it full of issues.
ANY elective surgery is too expensive.
It has more to do with their fetish delusions than healthcare.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:01 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,642 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Trump simply winning the election sparked protests. No bigs

Old 07-26-2017, 08:02 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times
Quote:
It isn't that. It has to do with a conservative in congress attaching an amendment re: sex surgery to a spending bill that spends a little money on the wall Mexico was going to pay. Trump is desperate for "wins", so he threw the trannies under the bus without talking to military. Then he makes stuff up which is supporters gleefully pass on. Said conservative withdrew the amendment. Unintentionally or not, Trump was played. .....but he's so smart

BTW, IF it is a matter of money why does the taxpayer have to pay for boner pills?

Last edited by EDnurse; 07-26-2017 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 07-26-2017, 08:03 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
ANY elective surgery is too expensive.
It has more to do with their fetish delusions than healthcare.

Reminds me. Supposed to go to Cony Island next month. Do they still have the Freak Show?

Old 07-26-2017, 08:05 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Sort of reminds me of reading the comments on Facebook and my mental response......................"Well, what do you expect from them?".

Two things about this. First of all, it's a Wednesday night so it's no great loss in anyone party's life.

Secondly, unlike the one before, the President did this mid week when people still take notice. The one before often did controversial announcements on Friday when no one was watching (as demonstrated by the Jane Skinner youtube video of "Top Cop") and it would be two days or so before people were aware of it.

So, whether being honest and non convert about releases, being stupid about how to work the government, or intending to roll a ball that got everyone's attention, I still rather like it that the President did it out in the open of mid week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies