Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:47 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
So the a Communications Director doesn't know enough to request an off the record conversation, the proceeds to leak like crazy in a conversation where he rants against leakers.

You can't make this stuff up.

As Trump said, "I only hire the very best people, believe me !"

Old 07-27-2017, 03:48 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Well now we know which side Steve Bannon is on and it's not The Mooch's. I cannot believe the White House has become Game of Thrones.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:50 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
WoW!!! It reads like an Onion article. I still thought it was fake but now it is on the news channels (as much as they dare say). Was the Mooch plastered or something? Who would talk like this to a reporter knowing they are getting every word?

Old 07-27-2017, 03:51 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Well now we know which side Steve Bannon is on and it's not The Mooch's. I cannot believe the White House has become Game of Thrones.
That visual of Bannon applying suction to his member was pretty sickening. I guess Mooch doesn't care for Bannon either.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:51 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And he unloads on multiple people in the administration. None of this is normal or professional. This is just shameful.
Which is exactly the kind of stuff that is his job to make sure doesn't make it to the press.

He's supposed to keep everyone talking about policy so the President can push his agenda through congress. Instead we are talking about the dysfunctional White House staff. Again.

These people are idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
WoW!!! It reads like an Onion article. I still thought it was fake but now it is on the news channels (as much as they dare say). Was the Mooch plastered or something? Who would talk like this to a reporter knowing they are getting every word?
Having a favorite member of the press you use to strategically leak specifically chosen inside info is pretty normal for politics. Key words "strategically leak". Not "go on record directly throwing bombs everywhere, making an existing problem worse". Arseholes.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:53 PM

This feels like the White House is falling apart. When these kinds of statements are being made public, how do they pass each other in the hall? How do they have staff meetings without screaming at each other? Trump loves to create competition and controversy among his staff, at what point are there open fist fights in the Rose Garden?

The funniest part? The Mooch is the White House Communications Director! And this is what he is communicating!

Old 07-27-2017, 03:53 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Jeebus. This dude is a whackjob for sure. Hey, he'll fit right into the Trump WH though.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:57 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
So Trump, Ivanka and Jared bring this slime ball in to push out Spicer and go against Priebus and even Bannon? And the showstopper is trying to push out Sessions. This is why nepotism is a bad thing. Ivanka and Jared are not American nation firsters or even conservatives. THEY are the moles in the Whitehouse. And it's also bad that Trump is disloyal, ungrateful, uses people and lacks honesty.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:01 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I don't subscribe to The New Yorker, and I could read it. (I do subscribe to Borowitz though, maybe that makes a difference? It's free.)
I tried again and this time was able to read the whole article. It was awesome.

This sure is entertaining. Once Trump's out of office, we're all going to be bored. Although by then the books and movies will be getting released rapidly.

But it will never be as exciting as it is right now because it's all unfolding before our very eyes. There's no telling what's going to happen tomorrow or next week. Trump's presidency is the biggest trainwreck of any US President in history.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So Trump, Ivanka and Jared bring this slime ball in to push out Spicer and go against Priebus and even Bannon? And the showstopper is trying to push put Sessions. This is why nepotism is a bad thing. Ivanka and Jared are not American nation firsters or even conservatives. THEY are the moles in the Whitehouse. And it's also bad that Trump is disloyal, ungrateful, uses people and lacks honesty.
It's been said numerous times that Trump's kids are behind Trump turning on Sessions because they are having to hire lawyers and testify on the Mueller investigation. It was said earlier this week that Priebus and Bannon had talked Trump out of firing Sessions. But the more the investigations go on, the more it appears the kids and Trump were talking to Russians. Trump's kids seem to be on a mission to get rid of all of them so they can end the Mueller investigation. Nepotism has taken a very very ugly turn.

Top White House aides press Trump to pull back on Sessions criticism - CNNPolitics.com

Donald Trump Jr. hires new lawyer to handle Russia-related matters - CBS News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies