Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 05:28 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Funny how it's not the conservatives who are always raising the topic, this thread being a good example.
Given that Trump just tweeted yesterday that transgenders are banned from the military, and today the Justice Department filed a brief ADVOCATING and arguing that employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays, I'd say that it is this conservative hate-filled administration that is keeping this topic in view.

DOJ: Title VII does not protect sexual orientation - CNNPolitics.com

Old 07-27-2017, 05:29 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Plenty of conservatives have no issue with gay people. I know this from experience. I know a lot of conservatives, and the ones who genuinely seem to dislike the LGBT community are in the minority. The majority is mostly indifferent, usually leaning towards having no issue with them and supporting their rights.

Bare in mind, many conservatives don't consider things like "marriage" to be a right. We need to understand the rights are a vague concept and too often, when we talk about them, we just assume rights are whatever we feel they should be. A conversation on rights needs a more universal understanding on the basic principles of rights; then we can debate what specific things are and are not rights.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:31 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Funny how it's not the conservatives who are always raising the topic, this thread being a good example.
No kidding.

Why are liberals so utterly oblivious to what conservatives actually think?
Why are liberals so ignorant about what words actually mean? Do you know anyone who is "enraged" by the LGBT community?

Old 07-27-2017, 05:32 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Ex-Liberal , Some-what conservative , Trump Voter here... I have no problem with LGBT people. Heck one our favorite bartenders by our house is gay. My brother is gay. What I do have a problem with .. Is gay people shoving the gay agenda down our throats. If you're gay.. fine , be gay. Go live your life.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:35 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
No, it's conservatives who are constantly trying to implement discriminatory policies against the LGBT community. It's also conservatives who throw a big tantrum every time any advance towards equality is made, whenever a business such as Target announces they support LGBT rights, or when a fictional character in one of their favorite TV shows or movie franchises comes out of the closet.
Can you be specific, for a change, as to what the conservatives are doing to "implement" discriminatory policies against the LGBT community. You keep making accusations without anything to back them up, makes it just seem like you are posting for points or something.

Equality? What sort of equality are you after? Please be specific. Target supports letting males use the female rest and dressing rooms, is that the support you are talking about? I don't understand the TV show thing, since we don't watch any show other than "The Middle" because it is sick, violent and indecent. Oops, that's right I am not entitled to an opinion am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Don't give a frig about gay people. They can marry whoever they want

Transgender people are just mentally ill people that want tonfore everyone to change things to accommodate them
What the LGBT community doesn't understand is that they are being used as a pawn in the political arena.

I don't even think it is so much the members of the LGBT community that are stirring things up as many live their lives just like everyone else while politicians try to continue to try to separate and conquer.

Sadly, I do feel that making this political has drawn attention to a lot of people who didn't want that attention and made more issues for them when all they wanted to do was live their life. Most fit within their communities, I have seen it in the most closed minds areas, people respecting those that respect them and "living and let live".

With the transgendered, some sort of accommodations need to be made. I believe they probably are in actual practice until someone wants it to become a political agenda. For the most part, it comes down to respecting one another. Obviously a transgender with male parts attached should have enough respect that if they are using a restroom, etc. to do it discreetly if women are present, same with the male facilities. I would suspect that most do that out of respect. Also, if they have transitioned I don't think there would be an issue and am sure this has been going on basically unnoticed until the politicians decided to make it an issue to avoid talking about something that really needed to be addressed for the welfare of the country.

Most people do respect others despite a disability, the race of the person, mental or physical issues, etc.
and those that don't, really need to take a personal inventory.

We don't want to be forced to accept something, and force won't work.

It is unfortunate that some of the big mouth agenda pushers have harmed those that just want to lead quiet lives and are happy and satisfied with who they are and how they are accepted. Hopefully the big mouth agenda pushers will find a life where they are not always complaining and trying to blame someone else for their miserable condition.

I do not support the Conservative Christian agenda either, and actually that one is a real thorn in my side!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-27-2017 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 07-27-2017, 05:36 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Ex-Liberal , Some-what conservative , Trump Voter here... I have no problem with LGBT people. Heck one our favorite bartenders by our house is gay. My brother is gay. What I do have a problem with .. Is gay people shoving the gay agenda down our throats. If you're gay.. fine , be gay. Go live your life.
What do you think the gay agenda is?

Old 07-27-2017, 05:37 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I know that Leviticus 18:22 says that homosexuality is an abomination to God. That's the excuse that they give. However, they fully support a President who has been married multiple times, demeans women, lies, and has stated he has never asked for forgiveness. He is so biblically iliterate that he said "Two Corinthians" when anybody who has spent any time in church knows its "Second Corinthians." Plus, he only "found God" when running for President, seeking the nomination of a political party in which religious piety is very important. I'm sorry, but I have serious doubts regarding the genuineness of Trump's faith.

Clearly, Trump is the king of sin. Conservatives turn a blind eye to all kinds of sin, yet homosexuality and transsexuality, for some reason, rubs them a certain way that enrages them. Just listen to the tone on their voice when they use anti-LGBT slurs like "tranny" or "f_ggot" or "freaks and perverts." You have Christians boycotting movie theaters over showing "Beauty and the Beast" when they had no problem with "50 Shades of Gray" a few weeks before. Evangelicals were conspicuously silent on the gay genocide in Chechnya. Whenever a Republican politician needs to rally support, especially in the Bible Belt, a sure bet is to start bashing the LGBT community and proclaiming what they are going to do to make life more difficult for them.

Clearly, there is something more to this issue than it simply being a sin that they don't approve of like say sex before marriage. What is it about the LGBT community that causes conservatives to react the way they do?
So, to you, ALL conservatives must be religious Christians? I am a conservative, and an atheist. I find it odd that liberals go out of their way to kow tow to Mooslims. Keeps telling us how Islam is a religion of peace, and that no Mooslim ever did anything to hurt anyone. And yet, Islam worshipers kill gays and trannys every day. But God (allah, Zues, Buddah, Ra) forbid they dare speak out

Old 07-27-2017, 05:42 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Bare in mind
Pun intended, given the topic?

I think you meant "bear in mind."

Old 07-27-2017, 05:43 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No kidding.

Why are liberals so utterly oblivious to what conservatives actually think?
Why are liberals so ignorant about what words actually mean? Do you know anyone who is "enraged" by the LGBT community?
Yes. Locally. Many.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:47 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Because they are seeking to have their abnormal sexuality treated as some sacred, extra-special protected class that gets special treatment and protections. This was first done with blacks, then feminism, now all 'people of color', immigrants and muslims. Race card, female card, muslim card, LGBT card, I despise all of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies