Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 06:42 AM

51,619 posts, read 25,681,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I would think a pre op transgender would use the stall even if there was a urinal in the room. Do you think they would really want to call attention to themselves by peeing out in the open? If they wanted to stand to pee they could do it in front of the toilet in the privacy of a stall just like they do at home. They want to be socially accepted just like everyone else. Even if there was a urinal in the room it makes no sense that it was put there to accommodate them.
I seriously doubt any high class place installed a an open urinal in the women's restroom. Now maybe in a family or unisex bathroom, but not out in the open in a women's bathroom.

In fact, why would they install a bidet out in the open either? Any high class place would likely have that in an enclosed stall as well.

I suspect the dear women wandered cluelessly into the men's restroom and came out with a strange story.

"You'll never believe what I just saw in the ladies' room, Al."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 07:36 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,449,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
they both know what a urinal looks like. Urinals look nothing like a bidet. That's the point you and so many others in this thread are missing.

I'm guessing many posting in this thread have never seen a bidet. A few couldn't even spell it correctly. It's a 5-letter word.
Well, I'm a plumber and have seen several in my time but a lot of Americans wouldn't know exactly what a bidet looks like. A single urinal would look like this is the U.S. which a child might view as a drinking fountain. I put a few picks of U.S. versions down below. To a trained eye you'd know but to a kid, or drunk lady you might not be sure at first glace. lol Only after close inspection.

Most male to female transitioning wouldn't use a urinal anyway so the point is moot.
Attached Thumbnails
Urinals appearing in high-end ladies' rooms-27-750clintonportrait.jpg   Urinals appearing in high-end ladies' rooms-crane-wall-mount-drinking-fountain.jpg   Urinals appearing in high-end ladies' rooms-1200px-bidet_weiss.jpg  

Last edited by Tokinouta; 07-30-2017 at 07:48 AM..

Old 07-30-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I want to, I'm just paranoid about using a public restroom. I wouldn't mind using a gender neutral bathroom, that would be perfectly ok with me.

Ha. No. I can't fight, it's safer to run, but I can't run very fast lol.

I hope so too. Like I said, single use/gender neutral restrooms would be perfectly fine, as long as I can use the restroom safely.

I know. I want to. Badly. There are so many things I'd love to get out and go do. I hope things calm down soon too.
Aw, lots of good wishes for you sweetie. I hope things calm down soon as well. Life's short, we should all be thankful for what we've got and live like there's no tomorrow! Good luck!!

Old 07-30-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Absolutely positively urinals don't look like bidets. But to people who have NEVER EVER seen a bidet -- that's often what they think it must be -- some odd version of a urinal.

Seriously -- you have never heard that before?

And as for trying to gross us out about men's urinals -- pffft -- if only you knew how disgusting some women can be and how they leave the washrooms....I am not going to elaborate. If you need details, check with someone near and dear to you about the state of female washrooms. It can rival pee stinking urinals in a heart beat.
True enough. And if you put a urinal in the women's bathroom I can guarantee a couple of drunk girls will do their best to attempt a pee or two in it for fun. That will be a mess. lol

Old 07-30-2017, 08:43 AM

15,803 posts, read 6,261,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I seriously doubt any high class place installed a an open urinal in the women's restroom. Now maybe in a family or unisex bathroom, but not out in the open in a women's bathroom.

In fact, why would they install a bidet out in the open either? Any high class place would likely have that in an enclosed stall as well.

I suspect the dear women wandered cluelessly into the men's restroom and came out with a strange story.

"You'll never believe what I just saw in the ladies' room, Al."
Good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies