Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 10:04 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,728,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Ok. so what's your point?
Just curious as to what people thought about it. So far there have been a couple "who cares" but the overwhelming response is denial - it must have been a bidet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 11:31 PM

51,607 posts, read 25,642,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Just curious as to what people thought about it. So far there have been a couple "who cares" but the overwhelming response is denial - it must have been a bidet!
The brief article you linked to was a RW clickbait website that does not name the resort nor show photos of the urinal.

People have tried to be kind by suggesting the woman might be in a more sophisticated environment than she is used to and did not recognize that she was looking at a bidet.

If this incident actually occurred at all.

If you are looking for some outrage over a urinal in a bathroom, you might have to wake up a cohort because it seems nobody here cares.

I've gone to the bathroom, even showered in stalls right next to men. Does not bother me a bit. I don't seek it out, but if I happen upon a guy taking a leak, it does not give me the vapors.

I live in NC where for the last several years the Republicans have been in a tizzy about men dressed up as women using the women's room. I don't recall a single incident leading to the need to monitor who uses which bathroom.

Why Republicans are so concerned about the toileting habits and sexual behavior of others is topic for another day. I do wish they would focus on governing and not this constant rallying of the dimwitted and self-rightous.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:38 PM

15,802 posts, read 6,253,310 times
If you want to have some fun read the comments to that article. The conspiracy theories range from...the work of SJW...MLK started all this... and a possible apocalyptic recipe for disaster.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:41 PM

51,607 posts, read 25,642,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
If you want to have some fun read the comments to that article. The conspiracy theories range from...the work of SJW...MLK started all this... and a possible apocalyptic recipe for disaster.
I don't want to derail this thread as I am sure there are many more insightful comments to come, but what is with the Republican fascination with the toileting practices and sexual behaviors of others?

Old 07-27-2017, 11:45 PM

15,590 posts, read 10,327,145 times
When I was in Paris the first time in the early 80s and went to the bathroom in a restaurant, there was a man urinating in a urinal between two private stalls. I went with the flow and went into the stall, but seeing a man standing in front of me peeing did freak me out. He was busy and I needed to pee, however! Unisex bathrooms were common in Europe.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-27-2017 at 11:53 PM..

Old 07-27-2017, 11:54 PM

15,802 posts, read 6,253,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I don't want to derail this thread as I am sure there are many more insightful comments to come, but what is with the Republican fascination with the toileting practices and sexual behaviors of others?
Is there a thread to derail? It looks to me like it's just some people getting spooked by a bidget. I thought is was some weird urinal the first time I saw one too so I can understand. I didn't think someone was out to get me tho because it was there.

This guy goes all in. Somehow he is able to work in a persecution complex with his gay fantasies, distrust of Science (while using his computer), and how he feels Muslims have it too easy. What do Muslims have to do with a bidget?

Achilles says:
July 27, 2017 at 7:15 am GMT • 200 Words
Before long, unwillingness to believe that Bruce Jenner is a woman will be considered a mental illness, a psychological disorder, a delusion.

Hollywood will get on board. The Rock will play a transgender woman in a new movie “G.I. Jolene,†in which he undergoes a grueling BUD/S selection program while wearing high heels and at the same time overcoming bigotry from cis redneck fellow SEAL candidates. In a climactic scene, the Rock saves the most bigoted member of the class from drowning during a particularly brutal training exercise, followed later by a romantic encounter between the two. Before they are able to finish their training, the team of SEAL candidates is called into emergency service in the Persian Gulf where the Rock saves the entire team from almost certain death by using explosives stored in his bra.

Academic research studies will prove that those laboring under the delusion that Bruce Jenner is a man are less intelligent and more superstitious than the rest of the population.

All of this will be in the service of Science, because of course Science compels the conclusion that Bruce Jenner is a woman. Deniers will be considered as denying Science itself, and denying Science is to attack the set of values by which our civilization determines the proper standards of human behavior.

Naturally, none of this will be applied to Muslims, because it would be racist to do so.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:11 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,728,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The brief article you linked to was a RW clickbait website...
No.

It's Steve Sailer's blog, hosted by The Unz Review.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:01 AM

27,019 posts, read 13,262,515 times
Anyone can dress up and pretend to be transgender and children use these toilets, so in the end might this actually become a child protection issue. Or do wait until the first incident involving a child and then the subsequent lawsuit and then the hurriedly changing of toilets back to the traditional way they where.

Furthermore should toilets in plasces where people consume large amounts of alcohol be transgender, the whole thing is a legal mindfield and the lawyers are going to have a field day.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:09 AM

88,729 posts, read 44,535,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
They have a new invention that allows women to urinate standing up. Look on YouTube. It's a funnel type gadget. Good for the poor ladies who hate sitting on the dirty seats.
Very useful for backpacking, camping, etc., as well.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:11 AM

88,729 posts, read 44,535,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Possibly. There are bidets of course, but there are also women's room urinals and they have been installed in various places recently. Do a google search.
No bidet I've ever seen looks like a urinal. And, yes, I've been to many European countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies