Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 08:19 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,897,517 times

Advertisements

Watching Sean Hannity's objective and unbiased presentation right now and he is giving us a very dire illustration of the sad state of affairs in American politics today. We all know the Democratic Party has been collapsing since 2010, but now Mr. Hannity is laying into Republicans and focusing on their inability to govern after multiple health care failures.

"Aren't they [Republican Party] supposed to be the party of big, bold ideas? Well, now today, the party has zero identity. The GOP is supposed to be the party of repeal and replace, freedom, liberty, capitalism, less regulation, free market solutions. Right now, they have no vision, no identity, and no unity."

Conservatives, liberals, libertarians, and independents chime in. Do you agree with Sean's assessment on the current state of the Republican Party? Is he being too harsh, or is his concerns justified?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 08:22 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,279,564 times
I agree that Hannity, Alex Jones and all the Trump cult should make their own party. Then I hope the GOP takes on a more traditional conservative identity again and the democrats move closer to the center again, they are veering too far out left.
Also I would really like it if the Libertarians would become a viable force and party that can compete.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:27 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,624,543 times
Yes, I agree that the fringe of the party like Hannity and Alex Jones need to create their own party. Maybe even in another country. They just don't seem very happy here. The 20% of loyal Trump voters can go along for the ride. We don't need a bunch of thugs running the country, with Scaramucci it will be a big mistake for Trump.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:27 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
No I don't agree with what Hannity claims or wants the GOP to be. He's basically argue that it should be all about classical liberal economics, trade, taxes and regulations and mass immigration. To me conservativism is about conserving numerous cultural things which can only be done with selective and restrictive immigration policy.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:49 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
Quote:
Watching Sean Hannity's objective and unbiased presentation right now
Ha ha ha ha ha ha...... thanks for the chuckle, I love satire.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:16 PM

15,630 posts, read 10,385,367 times
Republican politicians in DC are not united. No one could deny that. There are two Republican parties.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Hannity is clueless.

The Republicans have a vision, they have an identity and they have more unity than they should. A bit less unity would actually help the Republicans.

As to the vision; their vision stinks when people finally figure out that the Republican Party vision doesn't only affect those people (blacks, hispanics, poor whites, Muslims, etc), but will affect them too.

Jeez, how many times have i saw some YOUTUBE video of some Republicans complaining about potential cuts in this or that program that THEY happen to love, and you hear them say "well, i didn't think he'd cut THAT!" SMH

The Republican vision sounds wonderful in the abstract, but no one wants any part of it where the rubber meets the road.

As for their identity, they have the same identity they've had since Reagan.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:34 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,246 times
You know what they do have? The presidency, the senate, and the house.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:37 PM

15,630 posts, read 10,385,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
and Supreme Court nominations.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
They had that not all that long ago. They didn't do anything with it, and lost it.

They aren't doing anything with it now either.

All they've got to show for it is a single SCOTUS justice. That's it. And at the rate they're going, that's all they're ever gonna get if some Liberal SCOTUS member doesn't croak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies