Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 05:20 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No

The caps knocked me off my feet and it was such a remarkable salvo of wisdom it went right over my head.

Why can't you prove that by getting along with Christians. Its not like they don't exist or are small in number..
Christians need to be more Christian like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 08:15 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I wonder if the people complaining about microaggression training actually know what microtransgressions are.
Blowing up tiny, engineered, or imagined slights into a big deal? A term used to attack professors who gave one of the students involved in the local activist community a C?

Old 07-29-2017, 09:13 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Christians need to be more Christian like.
Then they would be like liberals without a cause.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:24 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
This is great. Quite illiberal, but refreshingly candid in a way. We now have somebody here openly embracing and defending the "education is political indoctrination" idea. The kids will be shaped toward a particular politically correct mindset, the one they want them to have, and independent thought or dissent will be banished. Nice job.
What, am I supposed to take this **** seriously?

Respond when you have the decency to do so without twisting my words around. Until then, don't waste your time speaking to me. I've run out of patience for this sort of drivel.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:31 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
What poor reporting. I was all ready to be outraged about what is presented as $250 *for this specific training.* It's not. It's for the entire registration fee for orientation per link in second article:

"Student Registration for Orientation ($250):
Registration for Frosh Orientation is*now closed. The deadline was May 1, 2017."

So orientation includes a piece on how not to offend other populations that you may not have experienced interacting with. I don't see the problem.
It offends me that they think a child I have raised needs to be educated on what should be basic manners. And I don't want any child of mine being told what is and isn't acceptable because most college professors don't have a clue. I'm talking about things like a professor who told my granddaughter that she better vote for Hillary because if Trump won she would probably be deported because she is a woman. These people are off the wall crazy.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:32 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What was the fee before these "feel good" skits? Was it $250 before?
Most likely.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:34 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Micro aggression can be so subjectively defined.

I have triggered some liberals on here by pointing out that scientifically, IQ of adults is largely (not completely) genetic. Will we have to rewrite science books to avoid micro aggressions triggering science denying liberals?

Old 07-29-2017, 09:41 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I bet the scientific proof that persons with lower I. Q.'s speak louder than those with higher I. Q.'s is an example of a micro aggression.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:41 PM

31,065 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I don't think it's a problem to encourage people not to be kinder and more understanding of another person.

The kids can and will still say whatever they want.
Im thinking the kids that watched that poor guy drowning while laughing their azzes off would benefit from this kind of training

Old 07-29-2017, 09:46 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Here's some microagressions training they should cover:

-crossing the border illegally or overstating visa
-speaking loudly in foreign gibberish in public
-flying or brandishing foreign flags
-burning the American flag
-tearing down or renaming historic, cultural symbols, statues etc
-wearing non-western clothing and not assimilating

The list of microaggressions perpetrated from the left is endless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies