Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 07:18 AM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times

Advertisements

John McCain has been around long enough to know if ACA is repealed there won't be any sort of replacement; not as long as His Orangeness and the current makeup of senate and House are around.

The man has survived horrors of war; dealing with DT and his gaggle of so called "advisors" must be like child's play to John McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 07:19 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
And everyone should be FOR a bill that would improve the situation for Americans needing health care NOT a worse one just to repeal it.
I don't disagree.

Quote:
The president wants to be a leader? He should call for a bipartisan committee to create a replacement bill that would be an improvement for all.
That would be great BUT you can not expect the party that isn't for this to do what the party that is supposed to be for it, wouldn't do.

https://www.healthcare-now.org/blog/...e-payer-again/

Neither party supports doing the right thing but we will continue with the attacks and excuses.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
John McCain has been around long enough to know if ACA is repealed there won't be any sort of replacement; not as long as His Orangeness and the current makeup of senate and House are around.

The man has survived horrors of war; dealing with DT and his gaggle of so called "advisors" must be like child's play to John McCain.
Then why did he vote to send a repeal just a short while ago? (I've asked this many times now)

Old 07-28-2017, 07:22 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
John McCain is one of the last remaining vestiges of a once mighty American nation. It's clear how far we have fallen, when you take a look at the pathetic excuse for a "leader" that we now have in the White House. While I do not agree with every position that McCain has taken (Sarah Palin?) there is no doubt whatsoever about his love for this country, and his unwavering commitment to make us stronger and safer.
Lol

Old 07-28-2017, 07:22 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't disagree.

That would be great BUT you can not expect the party that isn't for this to do what the party that is supposed to be for it, wouldn't do.

https://www.healthcare-now.org/blog/...e-payer-again/
Single payer won't fly right now BOTH parties are beholden to the insurance companies.

But if you want to be a leader put it on the other party's shoulders. Offer them a bipartisan committee to work on a plan that would get enough support from both sides to pass. If they don't participate they are on the hook.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:26 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
Poor little butt hurt Cult 45. McCain has nothing left to prove to anyone. Now you trash him because he's not in goose...errr...lockstep with the Cult. Too bad this is still America and we all get a say in government, not just the moon bats.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:27 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Thank you, John McCain. Maybe it took a death sentence for him to remember who he was 17 years ago. I admired the man who ran for president in 2000. He was one of the few Republicans I could have voted for. And I admire the man who refused to take healthcare away from me and millions of others last night. Who he became in between--not so much, though he did defend President Obama against the crazy Tea Partiers, so there has always been a core of decency there. Good to see it emerge as he moves into the end of his life.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:28 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
Quote:
The Kool Aid gang is not happy.
Wait till they find out there will be no border wall. No meaningful tax reform. No nuthin' from their fearless leader.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Single payer won't fly right now BOTH parties are beholden to the insurance companies.

But if you want to be a leader put it on the other party's shoulders. Offer them a bipartisan committee to work on a plan that would get enough support from both sides to pass. If they don't participate they are on the hook.
Do the right thing or we have this fight for decades. Something supported by both sides for the benefit of Wall Street is NOT a solution. The only reason this continues this way is because millions like yourself are so willing to vote for and make excuse for these poor excuses we call politicians.

Quit voting for them.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:31 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Once more..John McCain takes the high, hard road:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-senate-floor/
He's a coward.

Always has been, always will be.

He has no morals.

While being held a POW his first wife, her name was Carol, was waiting for him when she suffered a car accident that disfigured her leg. Being a leg man your hero told Carol to bug off what he want looking for someone with better legs and a lot more money.

Let's go to Fact Check Did John McCain cheat on his first wife?

I don't think much of a man who would abandon a wounded or sick wife.

And I don't think much of John McCain the "war hero". He was no more of a hero than I was. I wasn't a POW but I did serve in Vietnam 1968-1969 as a combat medic with the First Infantry Division where I received the Combat Medical Badge and a Bronze Star for what it is worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies