Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 09:55 PM

57 posts, read 50,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
And their owners, including ones who paid a million dollars like Shad Khan and Robert Kraft to Trump's campaign, are choosing to side with the players rather than Trump. Trump should be the one worried about consequences.
Who is this orange used car salesman on steroids pontificating on ethics?

Isn't he the one who lies every day since he cheated his way to the WH? The guy being investigated by grand jury? The guy who paid $25M to sweep his fraud under the rug? The guy who has insulted nearly everyone who is not white and male (and offended plenty of white males as well)?

I give my full support all peaceful resistance and civil disobedience to the fool on the hill.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:58 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,044,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Strange that all these "patriots" don't believe in the First Amendment.

Time to take that copy of the Bill of Rights out of your pocket and read it.
Yeah, it really is the conservatives that don't read the constitution, personal letters of founding fathers etc,

It is the conservatives that get triggered when they see a constitution.

It is the conservatives that are trying to push us away from Americanism and towards globalism.

Seriously, you guys go ahead and debate whether kneeling is good or bad, or whether Trump should intervene, but saying something as ridiculous as conservatives are the ones who shy more away from the constitution is ridiculous. Ask any of your liberal friends any of them, to name 3 bill of rights, do it RIGHT NOW! ask yourself. Not every conservative can answer, but those who do answer it will be conservatives. guaranteed., GO, text a liberal friend right now.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:02 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Large % are against them. Flash mob need not be bigger than that. Empty out 25% of a stadium at opening kickoff, on tv. Great optics.
Not as large as you seem to think it is, 44% support 56% oppose

Old 09-24-2017, 10:13 PM

37,127 posts, read 42,189,292 times
If I owned or managed a football team I'd encourage my players to get involved with whatever causes they wanted and to make their voices heard but once they put on the uniform to play it's time for a united front, not just with the other team members but with their audience and fans who come in all political flavors, and who claim them as THEIR TEAM regardless of the players political flavors. That's the kind of inclusivity I'd want and I would hope I wouldn't have to make a rule or threaten them with penalties to agree.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:29 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
Hey, let's keep this on topic. Trump was wrong on the NFL comments. He just created more division with his comments. If anyone watched games today, they saw hundreds and hundreds of NFL players kneeling for the anthem. This is a total result of 45's comments. And he is responsible for the division. Is this the person we want leading our country?

Old 09-24-2017, 10:38 PM

472 posts, read 325,152 times
These protests are nothing more than wealthy entitled thugs in support of broke thugs.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:41 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Hey, let's keep this on topic. Trump was wrong on the NFL comments. He just created more division with his comments. If anyone watched games today, they saw hundreds and hundreds of NFL players kneeling for the anthem. This is a total result of 45's comments. And he is responsible for the division. Is this the person we want leading our country?
I agree with you. It was a pocket of players who would kneel, most had little press coverage if they weren't Kappernick. Now that Trump forced the issue with his tweet, we saw entire teams kneel or not even take the field for the anthem. Now someone tell me how it is the football players' fault.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:55 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,456,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
The division is a result of his glorious victory ... the media is responsible, too.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:01 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,456,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I agree with you. It was a pocket of players who would kneel, most had little press coverage if they weren't Kappernick. Now that Trump forced the issue with his tweet, we saw entire teams kneel or not even take the field for the anthem. Now someone tell me how it is the football players' fault.
So you're saying the players aren't responsible for their own actions?

Old 09-24-2017, 11:03 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
I'm glad I never cared about any of these football players to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies