Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 08:24 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Umm, you ARE aware that a Steelers player named Villanueva, a former Army infantry officer and Ranger, chose to stand for the anthem yesterday?

Ty again.
I think that's his point: Republicans are going to have to choose between whether to support or condemn the patriot/anchor baby. Their tiny heads might burst on this one.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:24 AM

210 posts, read 97,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Conversation should be a two way street. Calling people bigot is a sure way to shut down speech or end a conversation. I don't think this is what most people wanted.
I agree. Calling people sons of ******* also doesn't show a willingness to listen.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:25 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Proof that age and veteran status doesn't make one automatically right or sensible.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/97-year...041427597.html
So, if you don't like the president, you can disrespect the national anthem?

So if Trump just lied to the people, and went to the shores of foreign nations and called the American people a pack of racists, bigots and misogynists, like Obama did, then this old man would be fine with that, as long as he talked pretty.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:26 AM

210 posts, read 97,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I bet you would be hard-pressed to find a majority of veterans from the WW2 era who would have said they were fighting so you can have the freedom to express your hatred of America. Unless an injustice is taken place (and Trump as president is not an injustice), people should follow the rules in a public arena which in this case means removing your hat or helmet and standing for the anthem. Just common respect. If I go to a person's house in like Japan, I would remove my shoes because that's their rules and traditions. Even if I think they are wrong.

This was not about making a statement. It was about hating Trump. Disgusting!
It had nothing to down with Trump until he inserted himself into the situation because he sees everything as a personal attack on him. It's a fragile ego thing.

18,130 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
the fact is an anchor baby is a child born in America to someone that is here illegally. Alejandro was born here to people that were in America legally.
BS,
I bet most anchor babies are born from people that came to the US on tourist or student visas
Making them temporarily legal, just like Alejandro Villanueva's parents

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
What makes me a bigot? Btw, pretty sure that's a tos violation but I don't really care.
Sorry guy. i didn't know that was. I can't retract it or i would. I thought you were calling me a bigot.

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA.89 View Post
I agree. Calling people sons of ******* also doesn't show a willingness to listen.
oh I agree.
absolutely

Old 09-25-2017, 08:28 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Sorry guy. i didn't know that was. I can't retract it or i would. I thought you were calling me a bigot.
Either one of you is a bigot. You are just two posters with strong opinions. Nothing wrong with it.

and this post is not directed at you. The veterans stereotypes aren’t always accurate, either. There are liberals in the military, who are brought up around and comfortable with firearms. There are conservatives who have never handled a weapon and have no desire to. A person’s politics rarely fit into a neat label.

It looks like we all like to use veterans to make a point, but this whole protest thing has really nothing to do with the veterans. lol

Old 09-25-2017, 08:29 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I bet you would be hard-pressed to find a majority of veterans from the WW2 era who would have said they were fighting so you can have the freedom to express your hatred of America. Unless an injustice is taken place (and Trump as president is not an injustice), people should follow the rules in a public arena which in this case means removing your hat or helmet and standing for the anthem. Just common respect. If I go to a person's house in like Japan, I would remove my shoes because that's their rules and traditions. Even if I think they are wrong.

This was not about making a statement. It was about hating Trump. Disgusting!

So trump calling players "SOB's" is Okay to you then,that's not disgusting???You're a hypocrite!

Old 09-25-2017, 08:30 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Exclamation Do the kneeler think they're Malcolm X

They don't know what they are kneeling about, they don't know what they want it to change because they don't know why they are doing it but they think they are some sort of Malcolm X figure fighting the system

So they kneel on the pitch/stage and pretend they're the same as the civil rights activists of the 60s despite being the polar opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies