Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 09:48 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Blacks put their blackness first. Al Sharpton , Jesse Jackson has nothing good to say about race relations. Ever hear a positive word about race relations. NO.. and it will continue ..
No, libs put their liberalism first, this has nothing to do with race. Liberal progressive politics trumps race, religion, gender, and everything else.

The feminists never defended Sarah Palin against her misogynistic attackers, hell, the feminists piled on with them to insult and ridicule her.

The NAACP, is the National Association for the Advancement of Liberal Colored People. Everything is liberal politics first.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:49 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
People came to watch a game
Did they come to watch players stand during the National Anthem?

The hypocrisy is great.
"We didn't come to watch these players make a political statement. They damn well better stand for the National Anthem"

Quote:
It's like buying a cup of coffee, and the employee there decided to write BLM on your cup, or the dollar bill for your change. You did not pay for the coffee so this SJW could use his job as an opportunity for him to play activist.
It's not really like that.

It's like buying a cup of coffee and the employee not wearing a flag lapel pin instead of wearing a flag lapel pin.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:49 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Professional football is just another item on a long list of things liberals have ruined.
You can add the media to that, if the media would just STOP already there would be no attention and it would go away.

IMO the biggest contributor to racial divide in this country is the MEDIA, you know what ever makes the ratings soar.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:53 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times
A key plank of the conservative platform has always been that government should be small and it should stay out of the affairs of private business. With that in mind it is puzzling that Trump and his supporters are using the power of the federal government to interfere, harass and cajole a private sports league (the NFL) over their pre-game ceremonies. What player do or don't do is between them and their employers, right?

It strikes me as very hypocritical. The same goes for states rights: in a number of states both the voters and the free market have declared they want legal pot, but the federal government, especially Sessions, are refusing to condone it. So much for freedom!

Trump is using the power of the federal bully pulpit to harass and bully private business. And conservatives support that?

Conservatives say they cherish freedom and the free market -- but only in ways they agree with.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:53 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Terrible analogy to use writing BLM on something and giving it to you vs being silent and not standing. How kneeling is offensive to anyone is beyond me especially given peaceful protest is a right that our military fighting for
The military fights for the right of the KKK to peacefully assemble. Are you going to tell us how much you admire the KKK?

Old 09-25-2017, 09:54 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Terrible analogy to use writing BLM on something and giving it to you vs being silent and not standing. How kneeling is offensive to anyone is beyond me especially given peaceful protest is a right that our military fighting for
Why not?

Writing BLM is silent. The ink and the letters denigrate the cup, just as those kneeling denigrates the anthem. Both writing BLM and taking a knee are being used to promote the agenda of the SJW.

Or are you trying to pick apart an analogy for not being perfect, because analogies are not supposed to be a perfect fit.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:56 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When the Dallas Cowboys wanted to wear a decal to commemorate the death of Dallas police officers murdered by that sniper, the NFL said no.

What is the NFL thinking?

The team I like, and watch, the Texans, all stood for the anthem as they have every season for nearly a decade. I'll continue watching them. The moment any of them take a knee, I'm done with the NFL.
Are you sure you watch the NFL?

Cause this appears to be video of the anthem at the Titans game and the players were not on the field
https://twitter.com/JasonWolf/status/912046807701708801

Old 09-25-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
A key plank of the conservative platform has always been that government should be small and it should stay out of the affairs of private business. With that in mind it is puzzling that Trump and his supporters are using the power of the federal government to interfere, harass and cajole a private sports league (the NFL) over their pre-game ceremonies. What player do or don't do is between them and their employers, right?

It strikes me as very hypocritical. The same goes for states rights: in a number of states both the voters and the free market have declared they want legal pot, but the federal government, especially Sessions, are refusing to condone it. So much for freedom!

Trump is using the power of the federal bully pulpit to harass and bully private business. And conservatives support that?

Conservatives say they cherish freedom and the free market -- but only in ways they agree with.
I must have missed where Trump sent in the army to make the players stand. Do you have a link to that?

Old 09-25-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Are you sure you watch the NFL?

Cause this appears to be video of the anthem at the Titans game and the players were not on the field
https://twitter.com/JasonWolf/status/912046807701708801
Why would the Texans be suited up and on the field at a game they weren't playing?

You must not know a single thing about football if you believe every team is at every game. That would be logistically impossible.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:00 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The military fights for the right of the KKK to peacefully assemble. Are you going to tell us how much you admire the KKK?
I didn't say I admired anyone so you fail in asking me about the KKK. They have the right to peaceful protest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies