Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 05:38 PM

26,148 posts, read 21,376,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
They are welcome to have a peaceful protest - just not on the time they are being paid millions to do their job. Stay in the dugout, locker room - what ever - do not disgrace all those veterans that fought so you have the ability to have your peaceful protest.
Who are you to tell an employee of another company when and where they can protest? If their employer doesn't have a problem they are more than welcome to do so on company time

Old 09-25-2017, 05:38 PM

25,344 posts, read 16,989,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
The kind of world where you can kneel for God but if done for the flag people go haywire that it isn't good enough.

Then in some other thread complain about snowflakes
Pretending that this kneeling fad is a form of respect just ain't working for you. It's like me giving you the finger and then claiming I was just showing off my manicure.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,734,032 times
Quote:
They are welcome to have a peaceful protest - just not on the time they are being paid millions to do their job. Stay in the dugout, locker room - what ever - do not disgrace all those veterans that fought so you have the ability to have your peaceful protest.
The NFLisnt asking the players to stand up or even take the field due to the Trump comments.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:39 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,024,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Nah...the Steelers who hid out in the locker room made themselves look bad.

But they had the right to do it, I suppose.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:40 PM

210 posts, read 96,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Nah...the Steelers who hid out in the locker room made themselves look bad.

But they had the right to do it, I suppose.
But they weren't on the locker room? They were literally standing behind him.

11,538 posts, read 5,601,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
his teammates made themselves look bad by not joining him....................Ben his QB said he felt bad and couldn't sleep........too late Ben.......Steelers head coach is an a-hole.

Ben Roethlisberger Regrets Steelers Boycotting Anthem; Trump Supports Fan Boos | Hollywood Reporter
Some people are smart but too late - he realizes what the consequences will be. I've been reading Twitter, Facebook, numerous articles on the net and the majority of people ate disgusted by the actions of these players and I think the smart ones realize that this is nor in their best interest to participate.

51,584 posts, read 25,511,617 times
Quote:
Wake up.

The idea that this is disgracing veterans is RW BS. It's got nothing to do with disgracing veterans.

They are calling on us all to stop the police from acting so disgracefully.

Alejandro Villanueva, Dale Earnhart Jr., Tom Brady, LeBron James, Michael Jordon, ... coaches, owners, the NFL Commissioner ... all support the players.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:42 PM

76,860 posts, read 47,191,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Dis-Respecting the United States Flag and National Anthem IS "his business" (it's also US Code) -- I just hope he doesn't go hog wild and start calling Police Officers "stupid".
He is the first US president who made political correctness a priority at a time when everything around us is falling apart. Actually, he is the 1st to make PC a priority at all. Ironically he campaigned pretending he didn't have time for political correctness, and now that he is in office, he is all about PC.

All the PC, and the "oh, they disrespect me so much" whining it starting to sound awfully shallow and fake.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,636,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Seems TV ratings are slightly up from last year at this time and Tom Brady, Dale Earnhart Jr., Michael Jordon, LeBron James, ... are all making it clear they support the players right to peacefully protest whatever they want.
dale jr said that he supports the players right to peaceful protest, yes. but you wont see jr kneeling for the anthem anytime ever.

Quote:
well said. ben rothlisbuger said he regrets not getting out on the field and standing for the anthem.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:43 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,323,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Pretending that this kneeling fad is a form of respect just ain't working for you. It's like me giving you the finger and then claiming I was just showing off my manicure.
Oh please there is nothing offensive about kneeling. Unless of course you're an oversensitive snowflake. Comparing kneeling to giving the finger is a stupid comparison. Let me guess, never had a critical thinking class have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies