Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 08:22 AM

25,736 posts, read 16,356,577 times

Advertisements

Volunteer. He's probably sacrificed his nights and weekends while working a full time job for 30 years while others so offended by this mistake he made were smoking weed and drinking and living off food stamps.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:22 AM

4,941 posts, read 2,190,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Geez. Whether you support it or are against it, one thing is for sure: taking a knee is working. The players are drawing the attention to the issues like they wanted. The NFL has dominated the front page of the political section for the last several days.
The front page of the political section doesn't pay their salaries, a$$es in the seats and TV contracts do. If the protests result in lower attendance and viewership, and subsequently lower salaries and sponsorship revenue, we will then be able to identify the athletes that are truly dedicated to the cause.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:23 AM

7,448 posts, read 2,807,052 times
Bagging on the NFL is just virtue signaling for conservos, just like self hating white people for libs.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:24 AM

15,361 posts, read 12,554,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
I'm just curious how your moral compass works.

The NFL has had numerous domestic abuse issues involving wife/girlfriend beaters, a dog killer, multiple DUIs, players with illegal firearms, and players involved with killings, and yet you still watched football. And yet, if someone protests the national anthem, now you're so appalled you will no longer watch the games. Why?
haha.. it's like Game of Thrones when folks said they were done after the Sansa scene after her wedding.

Folks watched beheadings, raps, murder, etc but that one scene was the tipping point.

These folks are hypocrites and looking for some attention because they are mad millionaires have the nerve to protest.

Once their team is in contention they will be back.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:26 AM

16,934 posts, read 12,483,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He resigned because he supports the protests. Everyone who wants to stand can stand, but to demand everyone do the same thing is pure PC. I stand, but if I see someone sitting, I do not make it my business to correct him/her.
This. I think the player protesters are hypocrites as money trumps race by light years and they have mountains of money. Just another reason to not watch besides zero team loyalty, coddled criminal players, ridiculous prices... I dont tell people they are wrong for watching. This decision is mine alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Correct. We believed these thugs deserved a chance to redeem themselves through sports. But instead, they feel qualified to lecture us on social justice and ethics.

No sale. We're done. They can go play in empty stadiums for all we care. Then, when the league goes out of business, they can go back to,their true professions: muggings, drug dealing, and domestic abuse.
haha.. you sound mad.

They make all that money and have the nerve to protest and lecture you. YOU of all people? LOL...

79,902 posts, read 43,887,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Why should I dignify a thread begun as a lie with an opinion? So yeah, the lie matters.

Obviously you're trying to pick a fight with me and I try not to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

You guys are trying to make this into a "job loss" situation it isn't. There's no union involved, no loss of benefits, he'll still get a small pension if Cecil Township participates in that program when he turns 62. The guy will continue to respond to incidents, if he has a seat on the department's board of directors he'll remain in that. If he's a training officer he'll continue in that. In three or four years he'll be Chief again.
Noted.

7,783 posts, read 6,043,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I quite simply don't believe you. I've seen numerous protests over the past five years or so and no matter what tact these protesters take...people tell them they should not be protesting in the first place.
Let’s compare this statement to “All blacks are lazy” or “All whites are racist”. So, does everyone say they shouldn’t be protesting in the first place. If not, then why don’t you believe he means what he says? You sound prejudicial to me.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:27 AM

29,795 posts, read 18,658,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
I'm just curious how your moral compass works.

The NFL has had numerous domestic abuse issues involving wife/girlfriend beaters, a dog killer, multiple DUIs, players with illegal firearms, and players involved with killings, and yet you still watched football. And yet, if someone protests the national anthem, now you're so appalled you will no longer watch the games. Why?
One is political and the other is not.

The current protests are Snowflake butthurt tears that Donald Trump is President and if that's the way they feel, not watching them and I won't.

If a football player committed a crime of violence, I also don't think he should be allowed to play.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
No it's not working. The only thing its drawing attention to is the NFL and who is or is not a "patriot". Kap's message has been lost.
I think it's kinda working. You have racist bigots who refuse to watch the NFL.. that's a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies