Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 07:44 AM

882 posts, read 688,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Because this issue strikes a big nerve with a lot of people.

A nerve that the Left has been picking at and irritating a long time outside of sports. Fans see football as an escape from that kind of BS...and now you've ruined it for them.

So, to answer your question.... basically you are comparing a lot of little apples to one big, fat, already irritated orange.
I'm deleting my comment (I realize this was a play on words now)

Old 09-27-2017, 07:46 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Well, it traumatized you to the point where you became obsessed about it and see it everywhere.

I knew a guy who actually believed the government was out to get him and was actively surveiling him. Some real life event may have made him paranoid as well.
Actually, it was an entry level. Try having this happen more and more when you get into your teen years. And even in 2017 it still takes place. Being reminded of something like this makes you very aware of racial issues, especially when you're on the receiving end of it.

If you think I'm some kind of "snow flake" because I take issue with certain things, then that is a big part of the problem right there.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:47 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Default Has there ever been a period in US history where taking a knee to the flag would be morally justified?

If a slave was asked to stand and honor the flag, would it have been morally justified that he or she did not? Why or why not....and who gets to be the arbiter? The master?

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-27-2017 at 08:18 AM..

Old 09-27-2017, 07:48 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've done none of those things and I have a real problem with what he said. Do you not see the problem with your generalizations and my questioning you over your thoughts on what he said?

You've still not addressed that.

I am pro-life. I support the 2nd amendment 100%. I believe we need to balance the budget.

What makes me a "liberal"?

No it is not but thanks for finally answering.
So destroy the guy for using a word? Ok, gotcha.

Whatever, I don't use the word and never have. I'm disgusted when I hear it and yes, I've heard it recently...mostly from black people towards other black people.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:48 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
If those on the Democrat left don't think that Democrat candidates are going to get pummeled with campaign ads tying them to this unpatriotic behavior at these football games (and probably in the NBA also here shortly) and also the violent assaults on law abiding citizens by the Democrat's domestic terrorist wing (Antifa), then they are in for another huge shock.

These ads that are going to be made from all of this will be some of the most devastating ever produced.

The Democrats own this un-American, unpatriotic conduct.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 09-27-2017 at 07:58 AM..

Old 09-27-2017, 07:49 AM

10,745 posts, read 4,342,219 times
Arrow Sports media unhinged..... ESPN nut Max Kellerman attacking Rodgers/Brady for not leading the politicization of football

I was watching ESPN First Take yesterday, Stephen A. Smith and Will Cain did a great job of objectively analyzing the kneeling crisis.....but I was amazed at the disgusting Max Kellerman and his brutal attack on Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers-

"Both guys lost something bigger than a football game."

"Brady and Rodgers both had an opportunity to lead in the current game of political football in America, and they both blew it. Its not what quarterbacks are supposed to do."

"Where were the two greatest grid iron leaders when pressure mounted and the whole country was put on a spot to take a side in this moment....?"

"Rodgers and Brady were waiting. Waiting for others to show their cards....to take a stand one way or the other....withholding their voices and their presence until it was safe to give voice to justice."

"The two most heralded leaders....the two great quarterbacks of this generation dropped the ball, avoiding risk, letting others take the lead before meekly joining the chorus."

"To their brothers and sisters in the American experiment, Rodgers and Brady have shown themselves to be bench riders."

Old 09-27-2017, 07:53 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
The players sure are not taking the knee when they are handed over an obscene amount of money to play a game...
ridiculous statement. These men are protesting a country they feel that doesn't respect their race. Instead they should just be thankful they make millions instead of bringing awareness to the racism in this country. Mmmmmkay

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
The NFL gave up its exempt status in their 2015 fiscal year iirc

Is the NFL a Tax-Exempt Non-Profit Organization?

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
I was watching ESPN First Take yesterday, Stephen A. Smith and Will Cain did a great job of objectively analyzing the kneeling crisis.....but I was amazed at the disgusting Max Kellerman and his brutal attack on Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers-

"Brady and Rodgers both had an opportunity to lead in the current game of political football in America, and they both blew it. Its not what quarterbacks are supposed to do."

"Where were the two greatest grid iron leaders when pressure mounted and the whole country was put on a spot to take a side in this moment....?"

"Rodgers and Brady were waiting. Waiting for others to show their cards....to take a stand one way or the other....withholding their voices and their presence until it was safe to give voice to justice."

"The two most heralded leaders....the two great quarterbacks of this generation dropped the ball, avoiding risk, letting others take the lead before meekly joining the chorus."

"To their brothers and sisters in the American experiment, Rodgers and Brady have shown themselves to be bench riders."
Perhaps they were focused on playing football. You know, the actual thing in which they are experts and leaders.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:54 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post

Here is your best bet. DON'T TURN ON ESPN......EVER. I literally bought a package without ESPN in it for this reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies