Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 08:28 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I bet he doesn't last 2 weeks.
The owner was a marine in Operation Desert Storm. You'll lose that bet.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:59 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Well thank you. At last someone posted a picture. I stand corrected. He just wore socks which depicted sworn police officers as pigs.

Why don't I feel better?

Maybe because he, other black racists are in melt mode due to the fact that they know and you know (and I know) that while injustice applies it applies to everyone. There is no grand conspiracy, there is no disproportionate use of force against blacks and when in Ferguson the law was drawn down the little rats burnt down the town.

That is the truth. So when I see Kippernick wearing this and saying that, I know that his viewpoint is a profound societal dysfunction.

I applaud Trump for taking a strong stand against people who want to denigrate the USA and lie about why they are doing so. It's a lie folks and Trump is calling it out. The NFL is reeling....Tonights game should be interesting.

Remember the whole premise of BLM is a lie. Now watch again as they kneel.........for a falsehood that they are ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED IS TRUE.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:02 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
We do have much bigger issues to contend with. That is why I am saying, maybe Trump is smarter than people give him credit for. In the long run, his comment made this a huge deal that in the long run will make the protestors and supporters look un-American. Which helps him.
What protesters look like depends entirely on who is looking, along with what helps or hurts Trump, entirely dependent on who you ask.

For me, this business from Trump is one of the worst examples of his fascist-type leanings and nitwit sense of judgement yet, and for someone like me who had little-to-no respect for the man beforehand, that's pretty bad, going from bad to worse...

Old 09-28-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Condemning ones constitutional right to protest does not make the protesters look un-American.
Unless you're a Trump supporter it seems...

Old 09-28-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I agree with a lot of what you say.

To me, this is my biggest point, " In the real world, I don't mix politics with work"

In the REAL world, and you work at a plant of of kind, or even in an office, and you protested "on the job" you would be removed and probably fired.

I am ALL for "freedom of speech" and like MOST things there are limitations.

If they want to protest, do it OUTSIDE of the stadium all you want.

The NFL AND the owners should NOT allow protests inside and especially with a uniform on.

It would NOT be tolerated any where else.

The 2nd problem I have, and has been brought up before, is the double standard.

Why are SOME forms of protest allowed and not others?
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Conversations about political issues at work are on the rise. Nearly six in 10 U.S. workers say that the people around them have been discussing political issues more often over the past four months than they have in the past.

These results are based on interviews conducted March 13-25 with more than 3,200 workers employed full or part time for an employer. The study was designed to quantify anecdotal reports of the effect of President Donald Trump's election on workplace discussion and productivity.

US Workers Say Talking More Politics Not Affecting Job

Old 09-28-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
This is a legacy from Obama.

It is about 8 years of Obama's comments about whites, his utter contempt for America and her symbols, his football comments, etc.

The kneeling started on Obama's watch. How come Obama didn't make everything better?

It is because of Obama that we have Trump. The pendulum swung too far to the left, and now it swinging to the far right in response.

"Elections have consequences", or so I've been told.
Reading this sort of comment reminds me how much a problem we have in this country with so many people who view what Obama said over the course of his eight years as nothing but anti-white, anti-American. Wrong!

Ignorance has even worse consequences...

Old 09-28-2017, 09:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Are you trying to make the argument that football players should not oppose injustice because it doesn't pay? Really?

As to redneck racists turning away from football, please. Let's be serious here.

People may give up Chick-n-Minis, Hobby Lobby's fabric paint, and Ivanka's knock-off frocks, but they aren't giving up football.

My money is on great ratings next weekend. In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd bet the owners put Trump up to this nonsense.
I mean so far their boycotts haven't gone too well. I see Starbucks is still on every streetcorner (as I sip on an iced Venti myself); Target is raising wages for their employees and they now want to take on the NFL.

Whatever.

I'm all for taking away their tax-free status as well as that of mega-churches the likes of Joel Osteen.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:25 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
It looks to me like YOU'RE the one protesting free speech.
In what way?

Old 09-28-2017, 09:26 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The owner was a marine in Operation Desert Storm. You'll lose that bet.
Money talks. People will go elsewhere. 2 weeks tops.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Triggered? Good. Either there is a reading comprehension issue on your part, or just flat out willful ignorance. I was calling out a double standard. If you call out the persons kneeling, but you were either silent or excusing those involved in the Charlottesville incident, then you are part of the problem. You are the one promoting a double standard. I would have to assume you have less of a problem with what happened in Charlottesville than with Colin Kaepernick.

I've learned something. I've made some mistakes in the past. Hopefully I can learn from them in the future. One thing I'm learning is that some people I cannot debate. I have to teach them.
I appreciate your desire to teach, bring better understanding anyway...

However, from my observations, in particular with whom you are struggling directly here, you can debate, albeit to no avail, but you cannot teach.

Last edited by LearnMe; 09-28-2017 at 09:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies