Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 09:51 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Scroll on by if you think the thread is stupid.
im not sure you got reading for comprehension.
I said this thread was not stupid?

Old 10-12-2017, 09:53 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,103,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What exactly did he do that qualifies for big government in this case? Voicing an opinion? Did he force anyone to do anything with the power of a federal agency? No, he stated things that millions are thinking. Let me tell you something. Constitutional Conservatives are a joke. They all claim to be one to get elected and they turn out NOT to be one and the voters are dumb enough to fall for this time and time again. The other issue with the CC voters is that they are purists and will cut their noses to spite their face, they keep baking losing candidates or flip flop liars and don't learn. Until the CC crowd learns to fight fire with fire and stop being so lame, they will continue to lose and shrink as a group. They are way too weak to win in todays political games.
He did more than voice an opinion. If had just made one comment in Alabama, the. We'd say it was an ill conceived sound. Yet for his base. But he has continued to stoke this fire. He has to realize that he is not a common citizen, and has access to the war of every American, by virtue of his position. Actually, I think he knows that.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:56 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Are they doing it on the sidelines where fans know it is happening or do you expect the fans to scour the internet looking for such things.

You might want to take your advice and think.
You've accidentally illuminated exactly the problem.

Some people are totally fine with problems ( "disrespecting" the flag, racist police practices) so long as they can ignore them.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:01 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
You've accidentally illuminated exactly the problem.

Some people are totally fine with problems ( "disrespecting" the flag, racist police practices) so long as they can ignore them.
So, if I can point out something that should outrage you that you didn't know about or didn't post on, all your other views and points are null?

If you post about an incident where a cop abuses his power but I point out that you didn't allude to an event where a cop was attacked, your criticism of the police abuse is worthless?

Alright, we will go that route. If you post about something you say is a problem, I'll show something you didn't post about and you can delete your post. Is that fair?

Old 10-12-2017, 11:37 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
I stopped following this thread a while ago. Sorry if this has already been shared, but I thought this article I read this morning before visiting this forum would be of interest to those still going at it here...

"He got the leaders of a league that is 70% black to put those black men back in, to use a loathsome term, “their place”. The opportunity for the great national conversation about race – which was the whole point of Kaepernick’s protest – is fading. Trump can declare a win. In getting Goodell to bring his players to their feet he brought the NFL to their knees.

And no one is better for it."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...erican-players

The whole article is all too sad and all too true...

Old 10-12-2017, 11:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I stopped following this thread a while ago. Sorry if this has already been shared, but I thought this article I read this morning before visiting this forum would be of interest to those still going at it here...

"He got the leaders of a league that is 70% black to put those black men back in, to use a loathsome term, “their place”. The opportunity for the great national conversation about race – which was the whole point of Kaepernick’s protest – is fading. Trump can declare a win. In getting Goodell to bring his players to their feet he brought the NFL to their knees.

Nobody has stopped anyone from doing anything. In a way it is unfortunate for the NFL because in the end there is very little they can do but the issue is far bigger than a game.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:02 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

I'm MUCH better for it. I haven't watched an NFL game all year.

It's been nice. I've spent much more time with my family. Finished some projects that I had put off. have watched some recent (high quality) TV series on Netflix that I never saw. Sunday with NO Football on my TV hasn't been sad at all.....it's been great.

I gave up Baseball 22-24 years ago (after a strike) & except for watching the World Series every 2-3 years, I haven't missed it at all. I'll watch some College Football and one or two HS games a year, but Pro Football (& 95% of Pro Baseball) are dead to me. The players are dead to me, the owners are dead to me, their sponsors are dead to me and the writers and TV casters are dead to me.

I won't miss the NFL at all.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Kneel-In Protest Planned For Tonight’s Prime-Time Panthers Game in Uptown Charlotte

Several groups are now planning a ‘kneel-in protest’ in Uptown Charlotte tonight before the Panther’s game.

Charlotte’s Pastors and Community Leaders Coalition, led by Bishop Kevin Long of Temple Church International, is planning to have at least 500 people kneel in protest outside of the stadium while the national anthem is playing.

The coalition sent out a statement last night saying that the goal of the kneel-in is to highlight “police brutality, lack of accountability for officers who’ve killed innocent and/or unarmed citizens, and the high rates of unemployment for minorities.”

Kneel-In Protest Planned For Tonight's Prime-Time Panthers Game in Uptown Charlotte - Charlotte Stories

"These people need to protest peacefully"

"These people need to protest where it doesn't affect my ability to watch a game".

"These people need to............................"

Go ahead, fill in the blank.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:26 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,772,369 times
just more baloney

Old 10-12-2017, 01:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Well, I think you're all going to be disappointed in what Rush said about this report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfQFtYALNhk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies