Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 02:07 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,582,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Because many people need a reason to be outraged at something so they can complain about black people. The actual reason doesn’t matter, as you can se how many diversions there are from the issue. That’s all they enjoy doing. It’s what 50% of this politics forum is about.
Indeed..just look at all the left wing circle jerk threads whining about how Trump forgot to tip a cab driver back in 1983..

Old 10-21-2017, 05:54 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,028,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There is no law that forces anyone to stand. IF there was - ya'll would all be guilty.

What the other poster was referring to was that a handful of football players can so terrify those that call themselves patriots.
Thank you Sir.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:02 PM

31,913 posts, read 14,909,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the reason there is bail in the first place is to make sure the defendant shows up for their trial. too many people jump bail if it is set too low. there are bail bondsmen that will pony up the cash to get the little darlings out of jail, but jump bail on them, and they send the bounty hunters after you, and mom and dad tend to lose any property they put up for the little darlings bail.

perhaps a better system would be to have an arraignment court where minor crimes could be dispensed with within a couple of days, and heavier crimes would then be sent up the ladder for trial.

i dont see reducing or eliminating bail requirements being beneficial here. it would encourage people to jump bail and not show up for their court date.

i think a better way would be for these overpaid NFL players to get down into the barrios, and help create an air of optimism, that things can change and get better. they need to help get rid of the gangs, and the despair that permeates the barrios.
All sport figures are paid millions. The players of the the NFL do charity work and try to make a positive influence on kids.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:02 AM

12,946 posts, read 7,108,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Because many people need a reason to be outraged at something so they can complain about black people. The actual reason doesn’t matter, as you can se how many diversions there are from the issue. That’s all they enjoy doing. It’s what 50% of this politics forum is about.
What does Black people have to do with taking a knee like I said I never really noticed it I was just wanting to watch the game is it only black people taking a knee? What I think is people just like to argue about everything and not solve a problem like we have with some racist police. Arguing about taking a knee or not isn't going to solve any issues we have. The way people think about one another can't be solved by arguing or fighting it has to be solved be learning to understand one another try to change people.

You never change a racist person by hating them.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:58 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,724,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What does Black people have to do with taking a knee like I said I never really noticed it I was just wanting to watch the game is it only black people taking a knee? What I think is people just like to argue about everything and not solve a problem like we have with some racist police. Arguing about taking a knee or not isn't going to solve any issues we have. The way people think about one another can't be solved by arguing or fighting it has to be solved be learning to understand one another try to change people.

You never change a racist person by hating them.
I have traveled many parts of this country and I have met many different people from all walks of life and I can tell you racism is more prevalent in certain parts of the country than others and in my experience African American people are far more racist than anyone else. Their racism isn't targeted at just whites. It's towards all people.

This situation has been going for weeks and months and after listening to the complaints that the players have I feel like it's still the wrong way to go about it protesting the way they are. The flag and National anthem have nothing to do with getting affordable bail. Go to a different country and steal something and bail isn't even an option. Some countries will cut your hand off. Police brutality has nothing to do with the National anthem. Other countries, like Mexico, Brazil many South American countries the cops there will beat you and leave you dead on the street. No calling an ambulance. Your bail is how much money you have in your pocket at the time f your arrest and if it's not enough to bribe the cop forget about it.

The community has an entitlement and chip on its shoulder that people outside looking in just don't understand. Since the majority of people can't or won't understand the African Amercian community will label everyone a racist. But the reality is the exact opposite. It really feels more like non-violent domestic terrorism to me. Besides, If you truly want change you stand up and fight. Kneeling is for those who succumb to defeat.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:06 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,104,666 times
I'd think a real football fan isnt going to stop watching or going to games just because a few people make a protest while the national anthem is being played,if you have stopped watching games as a consequence of the kneeing then you werent much of a football fan to begin with.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:07 AM

16,237 posts, read 5,841,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
All sport figures are paid millions. The players of the the NFL do charity work and try to make a positive influence on kids.
No not all sports figures are paid millions. In fact not all NFL players are paid millions. Certainly not all NFL players are positive role models for kids either.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:08 AM

58,691 posts, read 26,969,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There is no law that forces anyone to stand. IF there was - ya'll would all be guilty.

What the other poster was referring to was that a handful of football players can so terrify those that call themselves patriots.
" can so terrify those"

"terrify"

Exaggerate much?

Old 10-22-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't understand how your point has anything to do with my post.

I think what you are trying to say is that the NFL players that are kneeling are actually biting the many hands that feed them?
If so then I agree because their protest does seem to be an attack on America, our anthem, military police and the white people that are big fans of the NFL but I was trying to make another point.

On the sports radio I was listening to a former Patriots player said that one of the problems facing many young black men today is that when they are arrested for, his example, stealing $150 worth of clothes they can spend months in jail waiting for their court date because no one can afford to bail them out.
This is one of the problems in our justice system that really unfairly targets young black men and this is just one example of what the NFL kneelers are protesting.

The fix according to this ex player would be to stop the courts from demanding a cash bail and instead I guess take other things as the bond but what that would be was not discussed.

I don't know if this is just me daring to think like this but if the young black man didn't steal in the first place he wouldn't have been arrested and he wouldn't have to have someone bail him out.

Things are getting weird in America and it seems the solutions to problems both real and perceived is a fine example of putting the cart before the horse meaning they are backwards.
"This is one of the problems in our justice system that really unfairly targets young black men"

What do young WHITE men do?

Why do may blacks and those that support them makes these kinds of claims and act as if ALL poor people are not affected.

It is the same argument they use with photo ID. "Poor blacks can't afford it"

All of tis is B.S. anyway.

DON'T DO THE CRIME and you WON"T have problem making bail.

I wonder what the rap sheet of this person looks like.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Why does anyone care what Players are doing during the Anthem I never even noticed what they were doing.
If you don't believe in respect, that is your choice and I feel sorry for you.

MANY of us love our country with ALL of its good AND bad.

The kneeling in this instance is showing disrespect to our country.

I have asked IF these ball players are so concerned with this issue, something MANY agree is NOT as they portray, why don't go to these cities, they can certainly afford it, and protest AGAINST the police dept they THINK is the problem?

Then go to the mayor's building and protest THERE.

This is a LOCAL issue, NOT an fed issue.

Go to the source, you believe is guilty of your charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies