Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 05:56 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
To be clear: I have more RESPECT for the millions of janitors that break their backs day in and day out - do more week in any given year than any of these goons have in their lives - than I do these petulant overgrown cowards.

Is that blunt enough?
Would you still respect them if they kneeled for the anthem?

Old 10-29-2017, 06:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
‘Sickened’ Texans players revolt against owner after inmate remark | New York Post

Now the snowflake's that call themselves NFL players are crying that the owner of the Texans used the age-old saying we can't let the inmates run the prison. and want him ousted like Donald Sterling and staged their own butthurt walkout today from practice. If they had any real balls they would do it doing a game. But they won't because they know they would be fired, and they would cause a riot and the fans would tear them apart and ain't no cop is gonna help save them

McNair did nothing wrong, he said nothing wrong and he is correct in what he said. The league is imploding before our eyes.
McNair is wrong in that he opened his mouth and didn't expect this to be the response. Only a dolt does that with no expectation of ramifications. This is why exactly the players didn't walk out of the game but rather practice. They did it because they would get suspended if not fired. An owner can't. The owner is as big of a snowflake as you call the players. Snowflakes are on all sides of this issue and often the biggest ones (Trump and McNair) caused the issues.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:53 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,082,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Would you still respect them if they kneeled for the anthem?
I didn't know they played the anthem for the peasants of America before we go in and make this country function.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They are not seeking your respect.
And you know what they're getting (from me and a large chunk of the rest of the country)?

They are making things worse, so I hope they're happy.

Honestly I do think race relations are getting worse, and this isn't helping. Congratulations.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:08 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
And you know what they're getting (from me and a large chunk of the rest of the country)?

They are making things worse, so I hope they're happy.

Honestly I do think race relations are getting worse, and this isn't helping. Congratulations.
They are slowly getting change. The officer was fired in the Wubbels case. The protests in Baltimore have lead to investigations and charges brought against officers. The exposed corruption has led to hundreds of cases getting tossed.

You are not important.

The idea is not to "help race relations". We know that is a one way street at that.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They are slowly getting change. The officer was fired in the Wubbels case. The protests in Baltimore have lead to investigations and charges brought against officers. The exposed corruption has led to hundreds of cases getting tossed.

You are not important.

The idea is not to "help race relations". We know that is a one way street at that.
I'm glad you feel that way. Same here. I actually hope this all leads to Anglos standing up to say "enough". In due time.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you feel that way. Same here. I actually hope this all leads to Anglos standing up to say "enough". In due time.
They've supported the argument when the violence is enacted on white women. It's a start I suppose.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:58 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
And that's it, I'm done with the Texans and the NFL.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:02 PM

Their "protesting" of the anthem/flag whatever isn't even what annoys me, it's the fact that these clowns aren't protesting...ANYTHING.

IF they are "protesting" police brutality, then it just shows me that they are all completely lacking in their mental capacities and/or they aren't smart enough to see the REAL problems in this country and their community.

The problems in this country - the problems in THEIR communities - are of THEIR OWN DOING. Period. So, yeah, they are complete morons.

Fake news indeed.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Their "protesting" of the anthem/flag whatever isn't even what annoys me, it's the fact that these clowns aren't protesting...ANYTHING.

IF they are "protesting" police brutality, then it just shows me that they are all completely lacking in their mental capacities and/or they aren't smart enough to see the REAL problems in this country and their community.

The problems in this country - the problems in THEIR communities - are of THEIR OWN DOING. Period. So, yeah, they are complete morons.
It is a real problem. Just because it hasn't happened to you does not mean it isn't a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies