Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 08:14 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
If they don't like or respect the United States and their freedoms, and their money, send them to North Korea ! ASAP
If you have a problem with people expressing their freedoms just because you don't like them, then you're the one that should be leaving, NK would suit you well.

I'm so sick and tired of these fake *** patriots and constitutionalists.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:21 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
It doesn't have the same meaning to the downtrodden. That's like saying the Jews should have respected the German flag under Hitler. It's cloth. If the GOV isn't doing the right thing the flag shouldn't be blindly worshipped. Simple as that.
The jews did not kneel in disrespect when they saw a nazi flag or heard the nazi anthem. They likely hid or fled for their lives. I guess they would have been hiding and running from a mere piece of cloth?

Old 09-24-2017, 08:25 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA.89 View Post

Most people couldn't care less.

Very true, most people don't care and this shouldn't even be an issue. It's another stupid argument there was thread about this in another part of the forum and even the veterans really didn't give a damn. IF this is a free country then they are entitled to stand, kneel, whatever they want or don't want to do.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:25 AM

210 posts, read 97,586 times
It's funny because of conservatives just ignored this it wouldn't be so huge. They're amplifying the message exponentially. Kapernick thanks you.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:27 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Most of the players and even the owners at the London NFL game today knelt or linked arms during the US national anthem in solidarity and support of free speech. We'll see it all over the US today as players and owners and coaches all stand up to the national embarrassment and international pariah in the White House.
Well now.

I haven't watched a football game in years. I might today.

Wonder Trump decided to pick a fight here. Is something yuge about to happen with the Russian scandal? indictments?

I best get to church and say my prayers.

See y'all later.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:28 AM

210 posts, read 97,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Very true, most people don't care and this shouldn't even be an issue. It's another stupid argument there was thread about this in another part of the forum and even the veterans really didn't give a damn. IF this is a free country then they are entitled to stand, kneel, whatever they want or don't want to do.
This is so true. They like to think they're speaking for veterans.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:28 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Most of the players and even the owners at the London NFL game today knelt or linked arms during the US national anthem in solidarity and support of free speech. We'll see it all over the US today as players and owners and coaches all stand up to the national embarrassment and international pariah in the White House.
Well of course that may happen because if the NFL powers-that-be think ticket sales may lessen if they 'side with President Trump' they will of course jump on the childish "Let's Bash President Donald Trump Bandwagon", all join hands and sing the Liberal's Theme Song: Twist and Shout (we will all Twist his words and Shout our dislike of the President).

Old 09-24-2017, 08:29 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Football fans are okay with players who beat their wives and kids; deal drugs; engage in dog fighting; etc. But they are not okay with taking a knee or raising a fist as a silent act of protest.

I could see why these fans are so pro-Trump.

Violence is better than peaceful protest in the minds of Trump and his followers.
The NFL has taken a lot of heat for its leniency towards players who beat their wives. But thank you for reminding us that these fools who are taking a knee during our national anthem are not only spoiled rich athletes with more Privilege than most people in our country or the world, but they are also often wife beaters as well. Do they take a knee in protest when one of these abusers take the field? I guess black lives matter, but women's lives don't.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:30 AM

3,152 posts, read 2,731,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
If you have a problem with people expressing their freedoms just because you don't like them, then you're the one that should be leaving, NK would suit you well.

I'm so sick and tired of these fake *** patriots and constitutionalists.
Are you at all bothered by the fact that lives have been lost defending these rights? All so some diva athletes can thumb their nose at our flag?

Athletes have their right to free speech and so does Donald Trump.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:32 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,271 times
They will all have a harder time signing their next contract. Keep it real. Don't bite the hand that feeds you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies