Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 10:41 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...04261553950720

This is the president attempting to suppress dissent. Nothing less.
Not really. There are still ways to protest that don't involve doing it at work. I can't believe the owners don't tell these people to stop or they will not play. What team owner wants to alienate half its viewing audience?

That being said, I don't know why Trump feels the need to wade into this mess. It's just stupid.

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The dividing lines here are pretty simple. You either love your country or you hate your country. Stand if it's the former, kneel if it's the latter.
The current protests are against Trump's attempt to squash the players' Freedom of Speech. They are standing up against Trump's bullying attempts. They are supporting the US Constitution by supporting Freedom of Speech.

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Posted like someone who has never actually attended a live sports event. There's a lot going on before the game..
Wrong! Fake made up nonsense !

I bet I attended more sport events and sport trainings than you as one of my family member used to be a professional athlete! A respectful athlete!

Old 09-24-2017, 10:42 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
The main issue with the bad cops is that the system and society protects them. Yes, you will always have the inferior people in any job. But in most jobs they get weeded out, and they get punished, especially for killing people without cause. Rarely so with cops. They might lose their jobs, but they basically have a license to kill without any punishment past a lost job.

That's not to say all police shootings are bad, some are justified. But some are not, and those guys walk free from them anyway.

That's more what the protests are about. Stick the unjustified ones in jail, and the black community doesn't riot and protest. And the other cops learn they cant kill without consequences.
I'm part of that black community. The ironic thing is that those top athletes, actors also pay a small price for their crimes. I have seen more than enough of my community praising wife beaters and drug dealers so no, I don't think that's the real reason. At least they don't practice what they preach.

They might want to lead by example first so they don't look stupid. I could make a pretty long list of those athletes and actors that got away with a lot because let's face it, this isn't just a police thing.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:42 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's funny because liberals have picked the losing side of yet another issue, going to the mat to defend the right of ridiculously overpaid NFL employees to express their political views in the workplace in front of customers.
Standing for the National Anthem is just as political an act as sitting. And how is forced patriotism actual patriotism? It's just like forcing your 7 year old to go to church every Sunday and saying he/she is a true believer in God based on this behavior. The genuine test of a person's values comes when demonstrations of these alleged beliefs is not coerced.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:43 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Create a new thread, you're deflecting, YOUR thread which you created was about athletes kneeling.

Here's another example

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017...test-donations
Wait a minute you asked ME what I've done.

Ok it's great some of them donating but looks like small few compared to how many kneeling.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:45 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Why is it that the right LOVES to mention that if you don't do this or do that then you hate this country?

Are they trying to shame others into comply to what one thinks people should believe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Why not put your money where your mouth is and actually do something besides make a statement? If you're trying to draw attention to black communities then donate to a cause that would help them! Or be a mentor to a child.

To me all this knee bending has done nothing positive. Just look at these CD posts...we are name bashing and at each other's throats.

Do something positive for your cause players!!!!
I agree!

When did they stood up for black on black violence and killings in Chicago! Never because they don't care!

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
They just can't help trying to make their lives have meaning, even if it is over a FALSE narrative of police, and societal oppression. Just like entertainers who pretend for a living, athletes play a meaningless game, and must be frustrated that it is just contrived drama with phony outcomes. They think that creating controversy gives them a purpose. How sad.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Why not put your money where your mouth is and actually do something besides make a statement? If you're trying to draw attention to black communities then donate to a cause that would help them! Or be a mentor to a child.

To me all this knee bending has done nothing positive. Just look at these CD posts...we are name bashing and at each other's throats.

Do something positive for your cause players!!!!
I agree!

When did they stood up for black on black violence and killings in Chicago! Never because they don't care!

That issue probably never even crossed their minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies