Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 10:51 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Yeah, $ 2.08 is so unaffordable. It makes me wish for the days when Obama was in office and I paid $ 3.60
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 10:52 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
And this will hurt his toothless, mindless supporters the most.

The "coastal elites" ride in subways and the like. I live in NYC and don't even own a car. But Joe Sixpack in Ohio with his pickup, limited income and 50 mile commute will be harmed the most.

That is a really disgusting, and disturbed thing to say. And, Trump doesn't control energy prices. Duh,

Old 07-28-2017, 11:00 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trump supporters are the first to rave about how Donald Trump is causing positive things to happen, like a rising stock market, so how about them accepting responsibility when things go south ?

Under Obama, we were seeing record low gas prices, and they stayed down. In the past month or so, our gas prices locally went from $1.99, and overnight it jumped to $2.15. It slowly started to come back down, but they skyrocketed back up to $2.29, where it is staying right now.

What is up with that? I thought Trump was going to make things better for us , or was he just interested in making his oil buddies more money ?
Ho-Hum; Another lefty rant for the "benefit"(?) of those who function at the junior high level of thinking and foresight; and who conveniently forget Jimmy Carter's "Moral Equivalent of War" (MEOW) sermons.

Gasoline is nothing more than a basic industrial commodity, and the broadening in energy markets over the years since the "oil shocks" of the 1970s has undoubtedly made its price more responsive to market conditions over both the long and short run.

Anybody else recall the days when the word OPEC provoked a visceral reaction in most of us? That tiger lost it's teeth a long time ago -- because cartels always fail due to the economic forces the Lefties attempt to indoctrinate each generation to fear.

Because there are always those eager to blame any convenient target for life's everyday disappointments, and those even more eager to pander to them.

If you are naïve enough to believe that some power-broker can directly benefit you and yours by Big Brother's use of force, you are the root cause of the problem, and a much greater threat to the principles under which an open society functions.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 07-28-2017 at 12:14 PM..

Old 07-28-2017, 11:02 AM

526 posts, read 386,257 times
Quote:
Trump supporters are the first to rave about how Donald Trump is causing positive things to happen, like a rising stock market, so how about them accepting responsibility when things go south ?

Under Obama, we were seeing record low gas prices, and they stayed down. In the past month or so, our gas prices locally went from $1.99, and overnight it jumped to $2.15. It slowly started to come back down, but they skyrocketed back up to $2.29, where it is staying right now.

What is up with that ? I thought Trump was going to make things better for us, or was he just interested in making his oil buddies more money ?

I'll just quote your sage words from a post back in 2014 about gas prices and presidents;

//www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2260390-gas-drops-below-2-bucks-obama-3.html#post37696477

Remember?

I think it is strange that when things are bad our President gets all the blame, but when things are good he will never be given credit. While I do think the current great gas prices are probably a result of other factors, I still wouldn't blame Obama if they go back up.

Obama could cure every disease known to man, feed all the hungry people in the world, put every adult back to work, and solve all the ills of this planet, and there would still be people who would find fault with the man..........that is just how some people are.

Anyone who takes the thankless job of President needs their head examined. All I know is that I paid under $3 for PREMIUM last night !!!!!

Don

Old 07-28-2017, 11:05 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:

What is up with that ? I thought Trump was going to make things better for us, or was he just interested in making his oil buddies more money ?
You realize gas prices are lower now then they have been since 2005.
In 2009 ~2.35, 2010 ~2.78, 2011~3.53, 2012~3.62, 2013~3.51, 2014~3.36, 2015~2.43, 2016~2.14. In my area today it is still under $2.00.
So no we did not see record low prices under Obama.
Whats your point.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:08 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
That is a really disgusting, and disturbed thing to say. And, Trump doesn't control energy prices. Duh,
It's "disgusting and disturbed" to point out that Trump cultists are the ones most being harmed by his nightmare administration? I guess the truth hurts.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:11 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
I'll just quote your sage words from a post back in 2014 about gas prices and presidents;

//www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2260390-gas-drops-below-2-bucks-obama-3.html#post37696477

Remember?

I think it is strange that when things are bad our President gets all the blame, but when things are good he will never be given credit. While I do think the current great gas prices are probably a result of other factors, I still wouldn't blame Obama if they go back up.

Obama could cure every disease known to man, feed all the hungry people in the world, put every adult back to work, and solve all the ills of this planet, and there would still be people who would find fault with the man..........that is just how some people are.

Anyone who takes the thankless job of President needs their head examined. All I know is that I paid under $3 for PREMIUM last night !!!!!

Don
OP handed a heaping and well-deserved slice of humble pie here.

Honestly, the rhetoric at this forum has just sunk to a new low. It's so petty and immature, threads like this on meaningless topics, started only to create another opportunity to take potshots at "the other side". How gas prices = open insults on fellow Americans is just beyond me.

I wish C-D limited post counts so people would think a little harder before emoting. Unlimited bandwidth causes some people to just never shut up.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:22 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
OP handed a heaping and well-deserved slice of humble pie here.

Honestly, the rhetoric at this forum has just sunk to a new low. It's so petty and immature, threads like this on meaningless topics, started only to create another opportunity to take potshots at "the other side". How gas prices = open insults on fellow Americans is just beyond me.

I wish C-D limited post counts so people would think a little harder before emoting. Unlimited bandwidth causes some people to just never shut up.
Agreed! C-D used to be a respectful place, but the behavior of a small cadre of overgrown children has pushed it to the brink of irrelevance. And I find that very disheartening.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Not here, it is up 30 cents a gallon and took that jump 15 cents at a pop.

It is down here. from a month ago.

I see it from $1.70- $2.15 for diesel

Old 07-28-2017, 11:25 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Agreed! C-D used to be a respectful place, but the behavior of a small cadre of overgrown children has pushed it to the brink of irrelevance. And I find that very disheartening.

It is populated with about 75% liberal/progressives. Good odds for us conservative/libertarians!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies