Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 11:26 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
I'll just quote your sage words from a post back in 2014 about gas prices and presidents;

//www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2260390-gas-drops-below-2-bucks-obama-3.html#post37696477

Remember?

I think it is strange that when things are bad our President gets all the blame, but when things are good he will never be given credit. While I do think the current great gas prices are probably a result of other factors, I still wouldn't blame Obama if they go back up.

Obama could cure every disease known to man, feed all the hungry people in the world, put every adult back to work, and solve all the ills of this planet, and there would still be people who would find fault with the man..........that is just how some people are.

Anyone who takes the thankless job of President needs their head examined. All I know is that I paid under $3 for PREMIUM last night !!!!!

Don
LMAO....Don just go destroyed.

See Don, this is what happens when you don't have ideals and actual informed opinions but just let your views flutter in the wind depending on if it's a democrat or a republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 11:28 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Barring a specific action you can point to, presidents have little control over this. I can't point to some specific action of Trumps that caused this, therefor I don't blame him for price changes up or down in gas.

But the OP is correct, when prices went down a TON of Trump supporters praised him, its hypocritical of THEM to not accept the opposite as being his fault then. And a lot of responses to him are missing this part.

This is the funniest thing I've read around here in ages.

It even beats out Fiyero calling me a Russian Trump Bot despite my posting here since 2007.

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Oh, boo-hoo. When I was driving a 120 mile round trip in 1981, with a car that only accepted "premium", I was paying over $4 per gallon. I would gladly pay more for gas if they would stop the fracking that is destroying our earth. I know that Bernie spoke about fracking and hoped Trump would do something about it, fat chance!

Environment America

Bernie Sanders on fracking: https://www.ecowatch.com/bernie-sand...891082833.html One of the areas that made me take a second look at Sanders, and I do have an issue with Trump in this particular area.

Everything is Trump's fault. Yeah, we know he is going a great job with nothing for the libs to actually have a real issue with, so look at the thread titles to see how silly they are getting.

I hate this heat, and I know it must somehow be Trump's fault, and if I were a liberal, I'd have the reason already typed out!

Old 07-28-2017, 11:29 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
And this will hurt his toothless, mindless supporters the most.

The "coastal elites" ride in subways and the like. I live in NYC and don't even own a car. But Joe Sixpack in Ohio with his pickup, limited income and 50 mile commute will be harmed the most.
Gas is 2.09 in Ohio, what was it under Obama? Thanks that's what I thought /pwned. Crawl back into your subway and concrete jungle little one. I love how you prove everyone's point about why the Democrats have lost the support of millions of people.

The Democrats can't win without the rust belt and converting states that are now red back to blue, and I freakin' love every minute of it. We're laughing so hard at people like you.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:29 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
According to gas station listing in my truck equipped with MY LINK regular is 1.91-2.03 in a 10 mile radius Don...

Old 07-28-2017, 11:31 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
I'll just quote your sage words from a post back in 2014 about gas prices and presidents;

//www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/2260390-gas-drops-below-2-bucks-obama-3.html#post37696477

Remember?

I think it is strange that when things are bad our President gets all the blame, but when things are good he will never be given credit. While I do think the current great gas prices are probably a result of other factors, I still wouldn't blame Obama if they go back up.

Obama could cure every disease known to man, feed all the hungry people in the world, put every adult back to work, and solve all the ills of this planet, and there would still be people who would find fault with the man..........that is just how some people are.

Anyone who takes the thankless job of President needs their head examined. All I know is that I paid under $3 for PREMIUM last night !!!!!

Don
Ouch.... I've got aloe vera growing in my back yard...

Old 07-28-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Barring a specific action you can point to, presidents have little control over this. I can't point to some specific action of Trumps that caused this, therefor I don't blame him for price changes up or down in gas.

But the OP is correct, when prices went down a TON of Trump supporters praised him, its hypocritical of THEM to not accept the opposite as being his fault then.
Yep, of course both parties have huge hypocrites that do that stuff all the time.

Also, it's one thing to deny blame like if prices go up and give credit when they go down.

It's a whole other level of brain chemistry in play to cross those up across party lines like the OP has done. Meaning blame the other guy when they go up and excuse your guy...and vice versa.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:36 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945;48994624[B
]Trump supporters are the first to rave about how Donald Trump is causing positive things to happen, like a rising stock market, so how about them accepting responsibility when things go south ?[/b]

Under Obama, we were seeing record low gas prices, and they stayed down. In the past month or so, our gas prices locally went from $1.99, and overnight it jumped to $2.15. It slowly started to come back down, but they skyrocketed back up to $2.29, where it is staying right now.

What is up with that ? I thought Trump was going to make things better for us, or was he just interested in making his oil buddies more money ?
Bolding added by me. Again you folks are ignoring the original posters point in order to attack him. The only people looking foolish by your posts are you folks. He isnt saying presidents define the price, he is asking all the Trump supporters who claimed Trump was responsible for lower prices, why he isn't suddenly responsible for higher ones in some areas.

You folks talking about how the OP is being burned here....are just looking foolish to anyone who read and comprehended the first post.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:37 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
OP handed a heaping and well-deserved slice of humble pie here.

Honestly, the rhetoric at this forum has just sunk to a new low. It's so petty and immature, threads like this on meaningless topics, started only to create another opportunity to take potshots at "the other side". How gas prices = open insults on fellow Americans is just beyond me.

I wish C-D limited post counts so people would think a little harder before emoting. Unlimited bandwidth causes some people to just never shut up.
Yes when one is partisan nothing really gets accomplished. The discussion should always be about policy.
How did the presidents policy raise or lower prices. That's what I want to hear. Actual policy for that specific subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies