Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 12:42 PM

16,181 posts, read 10,323,045 times

Advertisements

Come on kids play along. This isn't a thread to debate if the Russians helped. That has been confirmed by our intelligence community a hundred times over. This isn't a thread to discuss Hillary or the libs. My question is theoretical, as I said we don't know a damned thing one way or the other and anyone who claims they know are merely speculating.

So back to the original set of questions, can you please respond to them with the understanding that it's a hypothetical situation as of now?

Old 07-28-2017, 12:43 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,306,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I understand this will probably turn into another pissing match but I hope not. I want to ask you few questions with the total understand that we are a long way from proving anything. This is strictly hypothetical.

What if it was learned through the investigation that President Trump was aware of Russia's help during the election? What if it was learned that he lied about this knowledge and that he tried to cover up not only his knowledge but the involvement of those close to him?

Would he still retain your support? Would you feel that a President who violated the trust of the American people, just as Nixon did, with the behavior described above is still fit for office?
If Trump was outright colluding with Russia then throw his ass out and swear Pence in.

If there was communication between Russia and Trump as a normal course of events during the campaign then I suggest the MSM quit trying to whip up another red scare.

Now a question for you folks. What happens if the Obama administration was found to be colluding with America's intelligence agencies in an effort to tamper with the presidential elections...should we pretend it didn't happen? Should Mueller pursue the issue, or are you libs just hot to take down Trump and don't care about anything else?

Old 07-28-2017, 12:47 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,122,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yea, says the person who supported Hillary slamming sanders in the election by ensuring that he did not win....and you also supported Hillary getting the questions for the debate....you know you did...
Sanders, Sanders, hmm. Was that the guy who lied about being a Democrat, came right out and said that he ran for the Democratic nomination so he'd get more money and more publicity, whose campaign staff was proven to have wrongfully accessed data of his opponent, who sent out mailers and made campaign ads claiming endorsements he hadn't received? That Sanders?

He is so far from having clean hands to complain about anything that happened in an election that he refused to concede long after it was mathematically impossible for him to win that it's beyond belief.

But this thread is about Trump supporters who refuse to accept the reality that Trump and his team have lied so many times about connections with a foreign enemy that it's downright scary.

Should be interesting to see what Donnie does with the Russia sanction bill that's hitting his desk. That will be an indicator of whether he has any loyalty whatsoever to this country or if he's all in for Russia.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Come on kids play along. This isn't a thread to debate if the Russians helped. That has been confirmed by our intelligence community a hundred times over.
Tsk tsk. Helped? Helped who? I'd like to see that front-page story. We have a lot of wishful thinking from the MSM and places like Vox, but all the intelligence agencies have confirmed is that Russia might have interfered in the election.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
If Trump was outright colluding with Russia then throw his ass out and swear Pence in.

If there was communication between Russia and Trump as a normal course of events during the campaign then I suggest the MSM quit trying to whip up another red scare.

Now a question for you folks. What happens if the Obama administration was found to be colluding with America's intelligence agencies in an effort to tamper with the presidential elections...should we pretend it didn't happen? Should Mueller pursue the issue, or are you libs just hot to take down Trump and don't care about anything else?

If you would like to discuss Obama please start your own thread.

Regarding your first paragraph you did not address my hypothetical situation, you made up two of your own. I didn't say he went so far as to collude, I asked if it was learned that he knew of a collusion and lied about it, then covered it up.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Tsk tsk. Helped? Helped who? I'd like to see that front-page story. We have a lot of wishful thinking from the MSM and places like Vox, but all the intelligence agencies have confirmed is that Russia might have interfered in the election.

No they have confirmed that Russia DID interfere. But again you are off point. Can you please answer my original questions?

Old 07-28-2017, 12:52 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,599,055 times
Quote:
I understand this will probably turn into another pissing match but I hope not. I want to ask you few questions with the total understand that we are a long way from proving anything. This is strictly hypothetical.

What if it was learned through the investigation that President Trump was aware of Russia's help during the election? What if it was learned that he lied about this knowledge and that he tried to cover up not only his knowledge but the involvement of those close to him?

Would he still retain your support? Would you feel that a President who violated the trust of the American people, just as Nixon did, with the behavior described above is still fit for office?
Why the hypotheticals ?
Where are the facts.
Oh well, we don't have any of them.
So the best way to continue the smear campaign and witch hunt is with hypotheticals. That's my answer.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
If you would like to discuss Obama please start your own thread.
Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a serious discussion. You should have been honest and said this is nothing more than just a bash Trump and his supporters thread.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:01 PM

330 posts, read 176,345 times
Quote:

As long as he didn't instigate substantial involvement of the Russians (or others) to "throw" the election, it is irrelevant.

This whole Russian Collusion is much ado about nothing. He wasn't President when any of this could have happened (although there no evidence to date that anything did happen), so it is out of bounds for any impeachment.

You guys have a holier-than-thou hugely high standard for Republicans, but absolutely NO standards for Democrats, for whom it is "anything goes".

Funny thing is that everyone sees it, and nobody approves of it, and it is hugely to the left's detriment.

One other point, Democrats will always tell you who and what they are, and what they were doing. Just listen to what they say about the Republicans, and that is, in fact, what THEY are.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:06 PM

20,703 posts, read 8,472,156 times
Hypotheticals are a waste of time. But I'll play.

I like this hypothetical: Martians helped Trump defeat the Democrats. That is why Trump signed an executive order increasing NASA's budget so we could go to Mars. Martians want Trump hotels because they have to live underground in caves now.

How about this one: What if Hillary had been elected and she started WW3 and you were dead?

Hey this is fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.