Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 08:06 PM

1,400 posts, read 863,754 times

Advertisements

Could the title be any more partisan and any less objective? LOL, I think not. This political forum is sinking further in to the gutter by the minute. You can hardly have a real discussion any more, and just when you think you might, without fail someone will intentionally misconstrue your argument. Is the left this salty in real life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 08:09 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Somehow Trumpty Dumpty is still on that wall, tetering, but just won't fall. He must have good balance.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:27 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Killing Americans is another big fat lie....anyone that believes that lie is dishonest or a fool. I will agree that this newest liberal lie is probably worse than the other lies Obama told.

Practically everyone in my family got much better care before the Unaffordable Car Act was enacted.

Trump is a winner. Obama was a decent President after we got a Republican Congress.
Yes, Trump won the election. Everything stopped after that.

Whiny Mitch "The Turtle" McConnell made it impossible for Obama to appoint a pretty moderate Garland to the SCOTUS and then under Trump the right went nuclear. What is funny about the SCOTUS process is that the right wants to get their guy in and the left wants their guy in but once a justice is appointed they should not base their decisions on their political leanings. To me that makes the block of Garland look even more outrageous.

ACA has been good for some of my family members. it has had no effect on me because I have great insurance through work for well over a decade. My sister has pre-existing conditions and the ACA has worked pretty good for her.

Don't repeal or replace it. Just fix the damn thing.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I'm not an Obama fan in any way, shape, or form - but there is no denying that he was a far more effective leader than Trump.
Obama was quiet, cool, sagacious, cunning, and was loathe to lay his cards on the table unless he knew the outcome of the game. He also wasn't afraid of losing and relished the battles.

That was his secret, and the reason why he nearly always defeated the Republicans even when his party was in the minority. Republicans spent the whole 8 years underestimating him because in their minds, his inexperience and background as a "community organizer" rendered him bereft of political skill. He kept proving them wrong time and time again.

There's a reason why Senate Democrats basically cornered him after only a few years in the Senate and basically forced him to run with the promise that he'd have their full backing. That also doesn't speak all that well for Hillary Clinton since that was definitely her election to lose had she come out of the primary. I've explained this time and time again to Obama's detractors, but they refuse to listen. They think he won based on pure luck.

Obama was a very, very skilled politician. That's not to say that he had great policies, but he knew what he was doing.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:30 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Could the title be any more partisan and any less objective? LOL, I think not. This political forum is sinking further in to the gutter by the minute. You can hardly have a real discussion any more, and just when you think you might, without fail someone will intentionally misconstrue your argument. Is the left this salty in real life?
If you are a Republican or voted for Trump you need to take a long hard look in the mirror. I could name 5 regular posters on here that will spin everything Trump has done that was obviously bad and blame it on Obama, Hillary and the left.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:18 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Killing Americans is another big fat lie....anyone that believes that lie is dishonest or a fool. I will agree that this newest liberal lie is probably worse than the other lies Obama told.

Practically everyone in my family got much better care before the Unaffordable Car Act was enacted.

Trump is a winner. Obama was a decent President after we got a Republican Congress.
Take all those addicts in Ohio off the ACA and watch what happens. Take all the unemployed miners who will never work again in Pennsylvania off and watch what happens. Do it all over Appalachia and watch what happens. Or the far west. Or the deep south. Or Florida, where all the old folks are.

Lots of them will die is what happens.

Along with a lot of retirees, the elderly, the chronically ill, the blown-up vets. They will all die in larger numbers because all need constant medical attention. And while some can afford some of it, few can afford all they need.

That's no lie. And that's why repeal failed. All those folks aren't all Democrats, either.

Enjoy your good health while it lasts. It won't last forever.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:20 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:

Where did you get your healthcare from before the ACA

Old 07-29-2017, 09:23 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
President Trump is doing his best to get thinks done. Don't blame him when the swamp creatures get together to stop him.

We need to vote out all those swamp folks in 2018 and get some fresh ideas in Congress that can see the wisdom of President Trump's ideas, and get this country moving forward again.

Covfefe. Bigly.
Hoot the Delporable
That's the problem. We are seeing Trump's best.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Look, I don't even support 90% of what the Republicans are trying to do with healthcare. And I can still tell you that the fact that it consistently failed this miserably despite them owning the House, Senate, and White House is a PATHETIC failure of leadership starting right from Trump's level. With 7 years to prepare, how much better a situation could Republicans have been given?

Knowing what's at stake, here's what a REAL Presidential leader would have been doing with healthcare reform:

1. Getting into the policy specifics and weighing in with key Congressional thought leaders to ensure that the bill actually has a chance.

2. Selling the bill and reform specifics / benefits to the American public.

3. Helping drive negotiation strategy and alignment within the Republican ranks.

Does dumbass Trump even KNOW what the hell was in Skinny Repeal, or any of the other bills? DOUBT IT. On the rare occasions he says anything on the topic, he speaks with similar knowledge of a shrimp examining a nuclear submarine. He demonstrated NO policy knowledge on any of it.

He was just hands off on the whole thing. His leadership consisted of tweeting some **** about "Obamacare BAD; whatever Republicans are cooking up GOOD" and trying to bully those who dare criticize it. In fact, he actually harmed the process with his toxic behavior that distracted from the effort and further divided his own party. He just wanted to go play golf and then sign something - anything, even a grocery list from McConnell - and declare victory.

"Great deal maker?" "I alone can fix it?" "It's going to be so easy?" NOT SO MUCH. He may have been ok in his own real estate kingdom, but he is NOT an effective political leader.

You may not like what Obama did, but at least he had the leadership cojones to roll up his sleeves, unify his base, and deliver something rather than squander his opportunity.

I call BS!

The problem is, Constitutional Conservatives are individual thinkers. They don't have collective group think, nor virtue signalling to keep everyone in line. Loony liberals have the advantage, because they are the blind leading the blind and echo those thinking for them, based upon emotion and feelings.

Trump has no control of the herd of cats.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:33 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Obama's administration lied to the suckers who had to buy that insurance. They are the ones literally paying the price, not him in his $9 million mansion.

Fortunately I've got good private insurance but I feel sorry for the people who are stuck. Why can't they just get rid of the whole thing and offer tax incentives or something so doctors set up community health clinics like Dr. Josh Umbehr's in Wichita, which Hannity has been talking about for years? Also Health Savings Accounts. Because these are inexpensive, common sense ideas, something tells me the medical lobby doesn't like it and we know they own Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies