Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 07:35 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
This story has totally died. I wonder what happened.
what happened?

probably more news and life and stuff...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 07:46 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
In Britain, when the media or demographers talk about "Asian", they mean Pakistani or Indian. "East Asian" refers to Chinese, Japanese, etc.

This should be common knowledge to anyone who follows British media and current events.
That's because people in the UK usually describe such people as Asian or sometimes Indian, whilst the Chinese are usually referred to as Chinese rather than East Asian.

Thats because we don't generally know which country they are from, and Pakistan was part of India until post WW2 as were other countries in the area.

Don't seem to be able to get this through to you sadly.

As for sex gangs, many are East European such as the Albanian Mafia or Russian Organised Crime, and who are responsible for sex trafficking girls across Europe.

Human trafficking: Poor women and girls targeted in Albania - BBC News

BBC NEWS | UK | England | London | Sex slavery gang of six jailed

Sex traffickers facing prison after forcing 120 women to work in London Brothels - Evening Standard

Romanian girls trafficked and sold as sex slaves in Britain - Mirror Online

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-18-2017 at 08:04 AM..

Old 10-18-2017, 07:51 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
That's because people in the UK usually describe such people as Asian or sometimes Indian, whilst the Chinese are usually referred to as Chinese rather than East Asian.

Thats because we don't generally know which country they are from, and Pakistan was part of India until post WW2 as were other countries in the area.

Don't seem to be able to get this through to you sadly.

As for sex gangs, many are East European and Russian, who traffic girls across Europe.

How in the hell is what you said above at ALL different than what I said in my own post? You basically just repeated what I wrote.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
The myth that only attractive young women get raped rears its ugly head. How delightful.

Please look up some of the statistics on abuse in nursing homes. Sexual assault does not happen only to the young.

Sexual assault MOSTLY happens to the young. Just like murder MOSTLY happens to the young as well, but does not preclude old from being victims too.

In a law of averages, however, a 70 year old is much less likely to be sexually assaulted or trafficked by a Pakistani rape gang in England than a 14 year old girl.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
How in the hell is what you said above at ALL different than what I said in my own post? You basically just repeated what I wrote.
You are going on in your usual way about the media calling people Asian, when in fact British Society and the Police call such people Asian.

Whilst as already stated lots of white non-muslims gangs are involved in the sex trade and always have been.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:55 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
Quote:
That's what I was just thinking. Sometimes rage gets in the way of reading comprehension.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:01 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Sexual assault MOSTLY happens to the young. Just like murder MOSTLY happens to the young as well, but does not preclude old from being victims too.

In a law of averages, however, a 70 year old is much less likely to be sexually assaulted or trafficked by a Pakistani rape gang in England than a 14 year old girl.
I am aware of the numbers. That does not justify your insulting comment, or your implication that some women are too old or unattractive to become victims.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
You are going on in your usual way about the media calling people Asian, when in fact British Society and the Police call such people Asian.

Whilst as already stated lots of white non-muslims gangs are involved in the sex trade and always have been.

The point of my post was not to discuss the media vs. British culture. And I don't know who you THINK you've been talking to so much about the media mis-labelling Paki Muslims as Asian, but it isn't me.

Also:

A 2011 study by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre looked at the 2,379 potential offenders caught grooming girls since 2008. Of 940 suspects whose race could be identified, 26% were Asian, 38% were white and 32% were recorded as unknown. Asians are roughly 7% of the population.

A report for the children's commissioner in 2012 found there were 1,514 perpetrators. Of these, 545 were white, 415 were Asian and 244 were black. The ethnicity of 21% of perpetrators was not recorded. Attempts to analyse the Asian figure further runs into problems. Just 35 of the 415 Asians are recorded as having Pakistani heritage and thus highly likely to be Muslim, and only five are recorded as being from a Bangladeshi background. The heritage of 366 of the Asian group is not stated in those figures.

So yes. There is a SEVERE problem of proportionality here. SEVERE.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I am aware of the numbers. That does not justify your insulting comment, or your implication that some women are too old or unattractive to become victims.

Ah well. I guess you'll have to deal with your poutrage and offense in whatever way helps you get through the day.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
The point of my post was not to discuss the media vs. British culture. And I don't know who you THINK you've been talking to so much about the media mis-labelling Paki Muslims as Asian, but it isn't me.

Also:

A 2011 study by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre looked at the 2,379 potential offenders caught grooming girls since 2008. Of 940 suspects whose race could be identified, 26% were Asian, 38% were white and 32% were recorded as unknown. Asians are roughly 7% of the population.

A report for the children's commissioner in 2012 found there were 1,514 perpetrators. Of these, 545 were white, 415 were Asian and 244 were black. The ethnicity of 21% of perpetrators was not recorded. Attempts to analyse the Asian figure further runs into problems. Just 35 of the 415 Asians are recorded as having Pakistani heritage and thus highly likely to be Muslim, and only five are recorded as being from a Bangladeshi background. The heritage of 366 of the Asian group is not stated in those figures.

So yes. There is a SEVERE problem of proportionality here. SEVERE.
You have just cherry picked from a Guardian story without a credible link due to the story stating Figures suggest Asian men are disproportionately involved, but law enforcers and those in child protection say it's not so simple.

It's also a story relating more to child grooming rather than just rape, and the truth is there are gangs working in the nigt tme economy from numerous ethnic backgrounds, however it is the Asians that tend to be the low paid taxi drivers, takeaway providers and disproportionately provide night time services on the grouns, whilst the East European Mafias and Russian Mafia that tend to be further up the crime ladder, and more difficult to arrest.

Such gangs usually prey on runaway Children or those in Local Authority Care, however this is nothing new, indeed if anything the sex trade is far less blatant now than in the past when areas such as London's Soho and Kings Cross were vice dens full of young prostitutes. Films in the 1980's such as 'Mona Lisa' are worth watching if you want to see how blatant child and young persons prostitution used to be, only 30 years ago, and other cities had the same areas. Today many of these areas have been gentreified and the trade has now steadily become less blatant and more underground, whilst sexual abuse, rape and paedophilla is now taken very seriously by the authrorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian

However, the view in different parts of law enforcement is that it is wrong to take these figures and cases and say the race or religion of the perpetrator leads to them committing these crimes.

A more credible link, says one senior source involved in bringing the criminals to justice, are their occupations.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, the source said the demography of certain areas and the makeup of the night-time economy explained the over-representation of Asian offenders.

Is child grooming and sexual abuse a race issue? - Guardian

Last edited by Brave New World; 10-18-2017 at 08:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies