Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 09:25 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
They sure are reluctant to accurately describe these men. Asian? Really?

"The first is described as Asian in his early 20s, approximately 6ft and of slim build. The second is also described as Asian, aged in his early 20s, 5ft 6in to 5ft 7in with a large build and tight beard."

CCTV issued over separate attacks on Birmingham teenager - BBC News
She obviously asked for it when she wasn't wearing a Burka.

England is done, they are gone... they are now Islamic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 11:13 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Uh huh. Says the person living in the country 14th from the highest world rape rate.

Countries Compared by Crime > Rape rate. International Statistics at NationMaster.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_the_United_States

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tics/15239361/

Coupled with this fact:

Rape Is Grossly Underreported In The U.S., Study Finds

https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default/...violence_0.pdf

"Rape is the most under-reported crime; 63% of
sexual assaults are not reported to police (o).
Only 12% of child sexual abuse is reported to the
authorities" .

There is no other conclusion to reach than the U.S. is done, they are gone, they are worse than Islamic.

Old 07-29-2017, 11:22 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
She obviously asked for it when she wasn't wearing a Burka.

England is done, they are gone... they are now Islamic.
No we're not, by a long way. You ever been here?

Old 07-29-2017, 11:33 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
The whole West is done if it doesn't stop mass, demographic changing immigration. The West is becoming nothing but an economic zone and is just going to be one big Latin Americanish dysgenic dystopian.

Old 07-29-2017, 11:35 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
What does this have to do with politics, and this country? Sounds like the wrong part of the forum.
Well, we don't have a forum specifically for paranoid, bigoted idiocy, so this forum will have to do.

Meanwhile, you're still statistically more likely to be the victim of a citizen of whatever nation in which you live vs. "the hordes of evil immigrants!"

Old 07-29-2017, 11:39 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Because some posters think the UK has gone to hell in a handbasket because of Muslim migrants/immigrants.

They are paranoid the same thing will happen here - hence Trump.
Exactly. There nothing but the latest incarnation of populist bigots that go deep into our nation's roots, although this type of nonsense happens in most nations since it's human nature that not everyone has been able to rise above.

Most right-winger Trumplings today would have supported the Known Nothing Party of the days before the Civil War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_Nothing

They were also a populist party with a strong anti-immigrant stance against the hordes of "dirty Irish, Germans, and Catholics that were going to ruin America." We'll try to ignore the hypocrisy of the far-right, where THEIR immigrant ancestors are people to be proud of and who worked hard to become Americans, but THE NEXT batch of immigrants are all "dirty terrorists." So much hypocrisy!

Old 07-29-2017, 11:42 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,110 times
Quote:
I started this thread to discuss why the reports have described them as Asian, rather than IC6, or British Arab. I think it is an interesting topic. Thanks for your participation.
The reports described them as Asian because that's the word used to describe their ethnicity from the photo. I'd say they were Asian.

What you digging for? They look muslim? But they don't Muslims come in all ethnicities, unless we start tagging them with a yellow crescent how are you going to identify their religion? You know the last time that was suggested in essence, yes?

Quote:
Is this true? Source?
Primary, want my UK passport number?

Oriental is a term used for South East Asia as a people, culture etc. Check out Bang Bang Oriental on Google biggest Asian food court in London, Oriental being so offensive the Chinese owners named their food court it and I've not heard a public outcry about the name.

That said news may be more likely to report a suspect is South East Asian rather than Oriental, but to me as primary source Asian does not mean Chinese, Japanese, Thai, etc.

You as a non-Brit I couldn't care less what you think, because the report is written by Brits for Brits, probably about Brits.

Quote:
If Asian refers to the full spectrum of persons from Asia, it is too vague of a descriptor to be helpful in this case. No matter what country you're from.
Well doesn't it follow that African is too vague of a description? Africans can be Black, White, Middle Eastern, Southern Asian, South East Asian. European is totally too vague too, they can be any of the same list. General descriptions are general descriptions, here's one from the images, they don't look like Santa Claus, I think 'Asian' is far more specific.

Old 07-29-2017, 11:58 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
The reports described them as Asian because that's the word used to describe their ethnicity from the photo. I'd say they were Asian.
Why not describe them as Middle Eastern, which would be more accurate than Asian? Do Britons not use the term Middle Eastern? I know it's also somewhat vague, but far less so than Asian.

Quote:
What you digging for? They look muslim? But they don't Muslims come in all ethnicities, unless we start tagging them with a yellow crescent how are you going to identify their religion? You know the last time that was suggested in essence, yes?
I'm not digging. I'm asking about the use of the term Asian to describe men that I believe appear to be Middle Eastern. I have asked several times in this thread whether Britons use the term Middle Eastern. I never brought up religion.

Quote:
Oriental is a term used for South East Asia as a people, culture etc. Check out Bang Bang Oriental on Google biggest Asian food court in London, Oriental being so offensive the Chinese owners named their food court it and I've not heard a public outcry about the name. That said news may be more likely to report a suspect is South East Asian rather than Oriental, but to me as primary source Asian does not mean Chinese, Japanese, Thai, etc.
Fair enough.

Quote:
You as a non-Brit I couldn't care less what you think, because the report is written by Brits for Brits, probably about Brits.
Great. Then why even respond?

Quote:
Well doesn't it follow that African is too vague of a description? Africans can be Black, White, Middle Eastern, Southern Asian, South East Asian. European is totally too vague too, they can be any of the same list. General descriptions are general descriptions, here's one from the images, they don't look like Santa Claus, I think 'Asian' is far more specific.
Yes, it does follow that African is too vague of a description. Just as North American is too vague of a description and Austrailian is too vague of a description. I think you're starting to understand the point of this thread.

Thanks for your input.

Old 07-29-2017, 12:04 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Well, we don't have a forum specifically for paranoid, bigoted idiocy, so this forum will have to do.

Meanwhile, you're still statistically more likely to be the victim of a citizen of whatever nation in which you live vs. "the hordes of evil immigrants!"
Yeah, but then we'd be lost, done for, a goner without anyone else to look down upon or to blame.....where's the fun in that?

Old 07-29-2017, 12:12 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
Quote:
Oriental is a term used for South East Asia as a people, culture etc. Check out Bang Bang Oriental on Google biggest Asian food court in London, Oriental being so offensive the Chinese owners named their food court it and I've not heard a public outcry about the name.

That said news may be more likely to report a suspect is South East Asian rather than Oriental, but to me as primary source Asian does not mean Chinese, Japanese, Thai, etc.
I was under the impression that people tend to use the term East Asian or Southeast Asian rather than Oriental unless they are describing inanimate objects like rugs, lights, furniture or cuisine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies