Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 08:30 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I'm sure there are many ideas on it.

Here is another one that comes to mind.

The painful response of the thumb in the eye of a thumb sucker with poor aim wanting to find some outrage to release the inter rage of being losers. Distraction with a dash of self victimization is still popular.

You, Sir, have a future in speech writing for Donald Trump ! That post makes even less sense than the gibberish he comes up with ! I would send in my resume' right now, if I were you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 08:46 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You, Sir, have a future in speech writing for Donald Trump ! That post makes even less sense than the gibberish he comes up with ! I would send in my resume' right now, if I were you.
[/color]
Definitely. I understand there are openings right now and more on the horizon.

For example, we don't have anyone heading up Homeland Security. Not even an acting director.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:49 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.23d6115581d9

Are you okay with POTUS encouraging violence against suspects? Why or why not?
You guys need to learn to laugh...he was joking and it was funny as hell.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
In another thread about this speech I wrote that Trump tells it like it is. He has no politicians or attorneys filter that guards each word that falls from his lips in case he might be sued. He is not calculating like that.
Some people were shocked that cops laughed at Trumps joke but 99% of cops know human nature.

Imagine being a cop and being called to a scene were someone was caught diddling a child or beating up a woman and there is no doubt that they guy did it. A cop that lets his feelings get in the way of his job might handle that suspect roughly but the 99% of cops secure the suspect properly and get them to jail for processing.
What if it was your child and wife? wouldn't you want to beat up who just hurt them?
It is human nature.

I am sure that 99% of cops will not take Trumps words as an order and new way to treat suspects. The 1% already have problems beyond anything Trump would say.

The media needs to remember that Trump is not a politician but an everyman.

So you are advocating for police to dispense judgement at the scene of the crime.

You think police have the ability to react in a fair and balanced manner in a crucial situation and be able to interpret facts properly.

I know you are anti-media but did you hear about the police officer who killed a woman approaching the car. That police officer reacted in the heat of the moment and killed an innocent woman.

Calling for police to be more emotional and react in heated moments isn't being an everyman or simpleton or dumbing down your approach -- it's irresponsible, ignorant and obnoxious.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
If your wife, girlfriend, mother, sister had just been killed by a police man for no reason -- not funny at all -- totally inappropriate.

From the police perspective -- what they don't need is for citizens to even think that our leaders are joking about police exerting more aggression on citizens.

It wasn't funny. It was in poor taste. But that's Trump and his every man approach

Old 07-29-2017, 09:05 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
he's a narcissist what else expecting?

Old 07-29-2017, 09:13 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Just like he was "joking" about Republican senator Dean Heller (sitting next to him) being out of a job because he didn't support TrumpCare. Sociopaths say these things and mean them and other people are so shocked at what was said that they instantly laugh in reaction, because what was just said is so outrageous that they think it just has to be a joke. But it isn't a joke.

Donald Trump threatened Dean Heller on health care. Heller was sitting next to him. - CNNPolitics.com

Old 07-29-2017, 09:21 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Oh yeah, that Trump is quite the jokester. He loves to kid around, especially when he is threatening someone in a backhanded manner.

"This was the one we were worried about. You weren't there. But you're gonna be. You're gonna be. Look, he wants to remain a senator, doesn't he? And I think the people of your state, which I know very well, I think they're gonna appreciate what you hopefully will do. Any senator who votes against starting debate is really telling America that you're fine with Obamacare. But being fine with Obamacare isn't enough for another reason. Because it's gone. It's failed. It's not gonna be around."

Old 07-29-2017, 09:25 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,184 times
This isn't very complicated.

If an arrested gang banger (or you....or me) is dumb enough not to lower his head while being placed into the back seat of a police vehicle....then he probably deserves the bump on the forehead that he receives. & if he has "hurt" wrists because he isn't compliant when being cuffed....then he deserves to have bruised wrists.

No jury (that I know of) would award these so called victims any damages....if Chicago jurors are dumb enough to award them money, then that's their problem.

I'm not prepared to pay for safety helmets to make sure some arrested dude doesn't bump his head if he's dumb enough not to lower it while entering a car. What's next....do they need instructions on how to use toilet paper when in custody??

Old 07-29-2017, 09:36 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
This isn't very complicated.

If an arrested gang banger (or you....or me) is dumb enough not to lower his head while being placed into the back seat of a police vehicle....then he probably deserves the bump on the forehead that he receives. & if he has "hurt" wrists because he isn't compliant when being cuffed....then he deserves to have bruised wrists.

No jury (that I know of) would award these so called victims any damages....if Chicago jurors are dumb enough to award them money, then that's their problem.

I'm not prepared to pay for safety helmets to make sure some arrested dude doesn't bump his head if he's dumb enough not to lower it while entering a car. What's next....do they need instructions on how to use toilet paper when in custody??
leftists equate a head bump to major trauma. poor criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies