Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 05:50 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This is LITERALLY almost a year old, and you want to go after someone now?

Ohhh...I see. This is to deflect from someone on your side cheering on the idea of Ginsberg maybe dying. You should have said this a year ago, not drug it up as some pathetic whataboutism.
What difference does it make when the joy over Scalia's death was expressed ? The point is simple and undeniable : there are people who were pleased as punch when Scalia died and there will be when RBG dies.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:51 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
This is LITERALLY almost a year old, and you want to go after someone now?

Ohhh...I see. This is to deflect from someone on your side cheering on the idea of Ginsberg maybe dying. You should have said this a year ago, not drug it up as some pathetic whataboutism.
The contrast between the threads is startling. Repubs in other thread never wished a SC justice dead, as liberals did here.

Glad to bring this sick thread to light.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:30 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The contrast between the threads is startling. Repubs in other thread never wished a SC justice dead, as liberals did here.

Glad to bring this sick thread to light.

A. She isnt dead yet.
B. There have been a LOT of death wishes for her in prior threads. And similar expressions. It was wrong then when people did it to Scalia, its wrong now when people do it to Ginsberg. But this isn't about Scalia, its about distracting from people on your side being bad. Which is kinda a ugly look.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
A. She isnt dead yet.
B. There have been a LOT of death wishes for her in prior threads. And similar expressions. It was wrong then when people did it to Scalia, its wrong now when people do it to Ginsberg. But this isn't about Scalia, its about distracting from people on your side being bad. Which is kinda a ugly look.
In the thread we are in, there were many death wishes. In todays RBG thread, none were happy at her demise, outside of the OP. Most conservs, including me, wish her good health, although I doubt it occurs simply due to age/quantity of issues.

Many indicated they would pray for her recovery.

But this thread was FILLED with lefties gleeful Scalia died. Not acknowledging it does not make this thread go away, lefties.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:40 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
At the time this post is being written there are two active threads on Justice Ginzburg's cancer diagnosis, one has a little cackling over the prospect of a conservative justice, but on the other, with 62 posts and growing, there was no rejoicing among the opposition and no personal attacks on Justice Ginzburg --- in sharp contrast to what has been displayed in the earlier posts of this thread..

Old 12-21-2018, 06:45 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
At the time this post is being written there are two active threads on Justice Ginzburg's cancer diagnosis, one has a little cackling over the prospect of a conservative justice, but on the other, with 62 posts and growing, there was no rejoicing among the opposition and no personal attacks on Justice Ginzburg --- in sharp contrast to what has been displayed in the earlier posts of this thread..
That's because she isn't a loathsome human being like Scalia was.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post

BINGO.

I am delighted Trump nominated and got 2 SC associates approved, but when I heard Ginsberg news, a 3rd opportunity is not what come to mind.

What I thought of is 85, with one thing after another in medical issues.

I do not want any SC associate dying on the bench. IMO, the worst thing about lifelong, undefined years appointments, is by and large, SC associates end up having no retirement. None of the 9 owe us forgoing a true retirement period, no matter the composition of the court.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:55 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
What an opportunity for Trump to unify the country by naming a moderate justice to replace RBG, should she be forced to retire.

It’s a shame he's not the kind of man to do that.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:58 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What an opportunity for Trump to unify the country by naming a moderate justice to replace RBG, should she be forced to retire.

It’s a shame he's not the kind of man to do that.
He could salvage some small part of his legacy were he to do that, but he is simply too spiteful a person, I'm afraid. Democrats should be smart and massage his ego, but I'm afraid they are not smart enough for this approach.

Old 12-21-2018, 07:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Someday they will make a statue in his image - without his name underneath...just the word Ideologue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies