Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 10:18 AM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post

I am not a Christian, but if anyone who claims to be thinks our country should leave people to suffer and die when we have the capability of giving them aid, they are a God damned hypocrite.
Who is "we?" I want to be sure "we" has to pay the bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 10:21 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I lived in Miami. The crappy drivers that you speak of are the illegals. Have YOU ever been to Florida? Those people act like they went from donkey cart straight to car. I know exactly who drove those costs up.
It's not just the illegals, it's the massive immigrants too. This is fact. I am friends with a large group of Jamaicans and Haitians. While they do work hard and are good people, they will also use fraudulent practices to get by, like driving a car around with a stolen tag and no insurance, and they will put eachother's nieces, nephews and cousins down in the child tax credit, and all claim heads of household to get back thousands in tax money. Funny thing, they might have one legit job as a grocery clerk or janitor, but they have illegal jobs as unauthorized mechanics, child care, lunch trucks, immigrant smuggling and drug dealing, so they make good money, that is not accounted for by the IRS, and yet, they get back thousands in tax credits. And, I'm no snitch, and they aren't really hurting me personally in anyway, so I'm not going to bother reporting them. More than likely, nothing will be done anyways because most of the area have Jamaicans or Haitians holding leadership roles.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:25 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
We actually don't know the correct statistics of how many millions of illegals are getting free healthcare...because they often aren't allowed to ask or to document it....

What never gets talked about in the MSM when they say how our economy would nose dive without illegals, is that these businesses thrive because we the taxpayers are subsidizing them with cheap labor available because they get free healthcare, housing, food stamps, education etc etc. paid for by us taxpayers --plus $25 billion of the American money they make goes out of the country in remittances every year!
It is Mexico's second biggest financial resource after oil and gas -- think if all that money stayed here helping OUR economy!
It's like, those in power want the US economy to collapse, and the country to fall apart.

I'm Just saying, looking at geographical political map of the US, it seems as though they are taking control of our coastal areas, forming a perimeter, and it will be a matter of time before they begin to move inwards. Got control of our ports, water and other valuable resources, education, newspapers and media. Only thing left is our right to bare arms, and that right is constantly being attacked.

Last edited by warhorse78; 07-30-2017 at 10:42 AM..

Old 07-30-2017, 11:47 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,122 times
Anybody offended by this can thank Ronald Reagan for the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Bill.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:55 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
Quote:
Yeah, the HIPPA thing doesn't have as much to do with illegals as it does with them covering their own sorry backsides.
It's HIPAA. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:10 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Anybody offended by this can thank Ronald Reagan for the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Bill.
Except, again, we are not talking about E/R care. This is not E/R care. This is healthcare, just like you get, where you get to make appointments to have your teeth cleaned at the dentist, where you make appointments with your doctor for whatever, a headache, flu, allergies, etc. This is completely separate from E/R care.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:11 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
It's HIPAA. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
Yes, I know. People do make typos. But by all means, pin this one on your shirt if it makes you feel better.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:15 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
I haven't read this thread, and won't because it's likely full of racist idiocy and Trump cultists sounding like Hitler Youth wanna-bes, but illegals aren't eligible for Medicaid or Medicare. Whoever "they" is was correct. Illegals don't get healthcare. You need a Social Security # for Medicaid or Medicare.

They aren't getting free healthcare unless they show up to a hospital and pull a scam (submitting false info and the like), which has nothing to do with being illegal. Anyone could do that regardless of immigrant status.

Now hospitals, by law, are obligated to treat life and death situations, but that has nothing to do with immigrant status. Legal tourists, visitors, and the like are also treated. Mass murderers are treated. Everyone who shows up is treated (as it should be in a civilized society).

Old 07-30-2017, 12:16 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Who is "we?" I want to be sure "we" has to pay the bills.
And "we" do. Because as much as "we" love to demonize illegal immigrants, they pay taxes. They pay state sales taxes, gas taxes, and property taxes on cars and such, if nothing else. The vast majority of illegal immigrants are otherwise law abiding, hardworking individuals. They came to America for one purpose: to earn a decent living that they were not able to in their home countries. Should they have entered the country legally and done it the right way? Yes, they should have. They should not be here illegally. But the idea that they pay no taxes is not true.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:29 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
Quote:
Yes, I know. People do make typos. But by all means, pin this one on your shirt if it makes you feel better.
Yeah, right... a "typo."

Joke's on you. I'm topless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies