Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 07:58 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I guess I am different in thought, police do not have a license to shoot irresponsibly... it's no doubt a more dangerous job, but if you want to do it then you should always follow common sense, you shoot anything, it better because you want that person dead.. if you want that person dead, it better be for a good reason. BEING SCARED is not a good reason... the shoot first and ask questions later should be a crime...
average gang member is 15 years old.

situation and location dependant. gun violence is not equally distributed across towns and county. There are clusters where killings are very predictable and create a no man's land situation. Mindset not like patrolling Mayberry RFD.

BLM has amped up the situation by endorsing the killing of police. This puts an edge on survival and sets hair trigger situations. Thank you BLM for creating an environment of fear and hate with real hard consequences.

You try telling a realistic bbgun form a real gun. You have one hundredeth of a second to figure it out.

States like Nj regulate bbguns/ 22 cal, 5mm, 177cal with the power a a 22 short, as an equivalent to an AR 223. Matters not if you use a .177 cal 'bbgun' or an AK, same sentence, along with a mandatory 3 years.

BBgun, is an inappropriate term. and no longer carries the connotation of a kid from the 1950s shooting tin cans with his red ryder bbgun.

Guy I know used a 'bbgun' in an attempt to rob a gas station, just turned 18, he got the 3 years mandatory. Judge didn't want to do it but his hands were tied.

BBguns have consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 08:01 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
average gang member is 15 years old.

situation and location dependant. gun violence is not equally distributed across towns and county. There are clusters where killings are very predictable and create a no man's land situation. Mindset not like patrolling Mayberry RFD.

BLM has amped up the situation by endorsing the killing of police. This puts an edge on survival and sets hair trigger situations. Thank you BLM for creating an environment of fear and hate with real hard consequences.

You try telling a realistic bbgun form a real gun. You have one hundredeth of a second to figure it out.

States like Nj regulate bbguns/ 22 cal, 5mm, 177cal with the power a a 22 short, as an equivalent to an AR 223. Matters not if you use a .177 cal 'bbgun' or an AK, same sentence, along with a mandatory 3 years.

BBgun, is an inappropriate term. and no longer carries the connotation of a kid from the 1950s shooting tin cans with his red ryder bbgun.

Guy I know used a 'bbgun' in an attempt to rob a gas station, just turned 18, he got the 3 years mandatory. Judge didn't want to do it but his hands were tied.

BBguns have consequences.
agreed with everything you say here.

This is exactly why I freaked out when my best friend bought his son (my Godson) a bb gun. I am glad that I took it away from the kid. Better safe than sorry!

We decided to teach him how to shoot real guns when he is a little bit older. But BB gun is an awful way to teach the kid about gun safety.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:05 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Where does it state that any one bought him a BB gun? Maybe someone else there gave it to him, perhaps he stole it. Perhaps he found it.

Why would you do this?
Yes, perhaps he stole it, or someone gave it to him. But it's very likely that the parent(s) gave it to him. It's a common practice to buy guns for one's brats in my neighborhood.

So sorry to upset you. There are so many sensitive, easily triggered snowflakes on this forum lately.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:10 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
None of us were there on the ground or know the circumstances at the time of the shooting.
I was posting my comments earlier on this thread without actually reading the article. Once I read the article, I have to roll my eyes in it's bias, and in it's clear agenda. Just do some research on the publisher, Alexandra Villoch, and the CEO of the parent company that is ownership of the paper, Kevin McClatchy.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:14 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
This is what happens in our society, and it will continue to happen in the foreseeable future. The combination of over 100,000 armed human government agents looking for suspicious behavior combined with our culture pretty much guarantees such a headline from time to time. All we can hope is that justice is fairly applied in each case, but since humans are part of that equation as well, it won't always be the case.

Body cams need to be standard equipment.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:17 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I was surprised by the head shot as well. Cops are typically trained to shoot center mass and in my experience most cops are not great shots. LOL I'm 50/50 believing he wanted center mass and hit high. Yeah I have seen them shoot that poorly. I had one aiming at his target and hit mine.
I'm saying this right now. We don't know the full story, because it's the Miami Herald that wrote the article, and they hate cops, hate white people, hate conservatives and their publishers and ceo are doing everything in their power to try and get a civil war started. So, like maybe 5% of the article might be truth, the rest pure BS. More fake news.

Heck, the whole thing might be fake. CNN just got caught trying to stage a fake protest, whatelse is the crazy media and newspapers trying to do to tear this country apart?

Old 07-30-2017, 08:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Yes, perhaps he stole it, or someone gave it to him. But it's very likely that the parent(s) gave it to him. It's a common practice to buy guns for one's brats in my neighborhood.

So sorry to upset you. There are so many sensitive, easily triggered snowflakes on this forum lately.
Upset me? I'm discussing facts and are you are calling people names.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:09 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I'm saying this right now. We don't know the full story, because it's the Miami Herald that wrote the article, and they hate cops, hate white people, hate conservatives and their publishers and ceo are doing everything in their power to try and get a civil war started. So, like maybe 5% of the article might be truth, the rest pure BS. More fake news.

Heck, the whole thing might be fake. CNN just got caught trying to stage a fake protest, whatelse is the crazy media and newspapers trying to do to tear this country apart?
I don't know if this is fake news or not, but I definitely agree with your bold.

Media has played this divide and conquer game for a very long time. It is getting old.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:12 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Darwin Award winner! Don't want to get shot by police? Don't point a damn gun at them. It ain't rocket science people.
You're going to have to explain to me how they shot him in the back and in the back of the head if he was pointing the gun at them.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:17 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Black people still aren't allowed to have mental health issues, apparently.
You can have mental health issues, but you drastically increase your chance of a violent death if you add firearms of any type into the equation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies