Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 06:44 PM

30,436 posts, read 21,271,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Y'all need to get out in the world and meet some of these folks. World's most powerful millennials - Business Insider
I don't need to do a anything jack but clean my C6 Vette brette.
I did my time meeten peeps and taking the world over rover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 06:44 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
I hire Millennials whenever I can, I have yet to be disappointed.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:56 PM

143 posts, read 98,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I'm a Millennial and I see so many men my age who have NOTHING to do. They are marginally employed or unemployed, no plans in life, and typically heavy consumers of alcohol and weed.
This is so true, it's all a giant recipe for disaster, but no one ever talks about it??

It's very much an "elephant in the room issue" that neither the left or the right wants to touch with a 10-ft pole to be honest. It's a rather taboo topic that is actively avoided by most people.

So many young men these days:
- unemployed
- underemployed (bigger issue than even unemployment)
- heavily in debt from their stay in college
- depressed or have no hope for the future, just lost their "motivation"
- come from broken households or single mom households
- playing video games for a living on sites like Twitch
- video game usage and video game industry WAAAAY up (ie. escapism from the drudgery/misery of everyday life)
- on the slippery slope of heavy alcohol, weed, drug consumption
- can't find a suitable GF, much less wife material
- the list goes on and on

The thing is, i don't blame them, rather i blame society (and the government to a lesser extent) for creating this toxic environment. The young men are just "adapting" to the crappy hand they've been dealt in life. It might be over-simplifying a lot, but most young men are simply "in the wrong place, at the wrong time" in the year 2017. Had they simply been born just 50-60 years ago their lives would have likely turned out MUCH differently. What's been described in this thread are merely the "symptoms" of much deeper problems in our modern society.

Last edited by UbbyJuice; 07-30-2017 at 11:04 PM..

Old 07-30-2017, 11:04 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I'm a Millennial and I see so many men my age who have NOTHING to do. They are marginally employed or unemployed, no plans in life, and typically heavy consumers of alcohol and weed.
Do you live in a city or a rural area. Cities are the best jobs for employment. But I have to say I don't know any millennial you have described. Maybe because I live in the DC area and they are all go getters here

Old 07-30-2017, 11:04 PM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
And just live on their phone and play dumb video games.
That's a female problem, unsophisticated video games and mindless gossip on facebook.....

Old 07-30-2017, 11:09 PM

143 posts, read 98,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
That's a female problem, unsophisticated video games and mindless gossip on facebook.....
Also true, there are stereotypes for a reason. Seems every female in my immediate social circle has their face buried in their phone on Facebook/Whatsapp 24 7, same thing with the general public

Old 07-30-2017, 11:12 PM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
^ Exactly, females live for gossip, so facebook has become their heaven, and replaces the trashy magazine.
And regarding games, I think males demand a higher quality game (found on a console more than on a phone), because males grew up playing video games more than females.
Whereas adult females didn't grow up playing them as much, so they're easily sucked in by the apple crapple.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:32 PM

2,547 posts, read 2,737,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Oh and add one more:

Blaming everyone else for their problems in a indirect way.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:44 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
I think the millenials are the best generation we've produced so far.

The boomers might feel differently, but I'm Gen-X. We tend to be outliers.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:10 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Any facts from anybody in here? Or just assumptions, personal opinions, and youtube videos?

I'm a millennial, I'm educated and have a good job. Nothing was ever handed to me, nor did I expect "gov't handouts" to provide anything for me. Most of my millennial are also educated and have good jobs.
*complains about personal anecdotes*

*proceeds to post a personal anecdote*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies