Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 03:47 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

There is a lack of ideological clarity in Trump himself. He's a guy who used the system to confiscate private property via eminent domain, yet now is in the GOP. He doesn't seem to know what he wants to do about Obamacare. He puts in a pretty conservative guy as HHS secretary (Tom Price) yet he has made favorable noises about single payer (socialized) medicine.

By the way, I recall a level of dysfunction with all the 'czars' in the previous admin as well. I remember a Treasury Secretary who lacked an econ PhD (unusual for that job), who turned out to have cheated on his taxes, and who as NY Fed chair, was responsible for a 'see no bubble' mentality prior to the 2008 housing crash.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:47 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
Given the one common denominator in this entire mess, I'm surprised the question even needs asked.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:48 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Deep State? Establishment Republican holdovers? Obama? Rank amateurism and incompetence?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Um...the most obvious variable, of course: Donald Trump.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
How about the dumbass in charge? Trump is the one who is supposed to be running this ship. It's a freaking mess because he's a narcissistic, impetuous sociopath who runs the joint like a gladiator arena. Kim Jong Un runs a more effective, restrained governing operation at this point.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
It isn't an administration, it's a kindergarten.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Incompetence.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Rank amateurism and incompetence
yep.

Quote:
So, rank amateurism and incompetence...
Yep.

What more can say? So many have correctly diagnosed the problem.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:00 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
And Trump was too dumb to notice that Priebus was an establishment R? I mean, I've known that for years, and I'm not an R.
I don't think he didn't know it, I think he was willing to give the establishment R a chance. Clearly he has decided he's gotten all he is going to get out of that and he's moving on.

Significant change always creates a certain amount of chaos.

That is not a problem in and of itself.

He simply needs to find the right person to manage that change and associated chaos.

We'll see if his new Chief of Staff is up to it.

Meanwhile the world is still turning and none of this is really changing anything in anyone's lives except those in the WH.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:05 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Change happened. We have a man who isn't part of the political establishment and who refuses to play by their rules. Hate Trump or love him he isn't a career politician. When he ran he really bashed the establishment. There are a lot of hurt feelings and anger.
I detest Trump, his arrogance and his juvenile twitting. I like that he really brought the spot light to all thats wrong in DC.
Neither party supports him. Both will do all they can to undermine him.
Before Trump DC was dysfunctional. Trump is just the latest excuse.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:10 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Yes, we expected when President Trump tried to return the government "to the people and for the people" as it was meant to be that the corrupt ones would dig in their heels and spew hatred.

Those Democratic mouthpieces lost a lot of "pay for play" through donations to the losing candidate, the morally, mentally and physically incompetent Hillary Clinton, so they have every reason to be bitter. Also, Trump's win meant a knife in the back for those that supported globalism, the wealthy families like both the Bush and Clinton dynasties.

Most of us are intelligent enough to realize that President Trump would take more than 7 months to reverse the damage done by 8 years of Obama.
So, you're so quick to give Trump credit for improving the economy, success in the stock market and decreases in food stamp uses after 7 months, among everything you give Trump credit for, but at the same time, you say it will take more than 7 months to clean up the "mess" Obama created?

Do you even notice the contradiction?

More proof of how Trump was so easily able to manipulate his supporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No, it is a matter of reversing, or attempting to reverse the damage done by the Obama White House. Trump is still working on having the best team, I guess unlike Obama, it was not simply choosing people to pay back favors he owed because of his nomination. Had Hillary been elected, she was indebted to so many people, she would have had to put them in the seats she promised and kept them there without a choice, well, unless they became the next member on the Clinton death list. When she terminates, there is no coming back!
I honestly don't think you believe what you're posting. There's no way.

Not going to bother to respond to the tired Hillary deflection.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:19 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC MCAT View Post
What a bunch of BS. Yet people like you trashed Obama for being a "Community Organizer with no experience".

What alternate reality do yo live in? Trump hasn't done anything other than be what is wrong in DC. Trump is a disaster and if you think otherwise you're living in your own alternate universe.
People like me? Care to show a post by me where I trashed Obama for being a community organizer? NO? Talking from your azz I guess.
What word of praise did I give Trump? Where did I say he achieved anything? His run for presidency he did spotlight what is wrong in DC. DC was dysfunctional before Trump got in the White House.
Trillions in debt. 40 million dollar gas stations. Congress in gridlock. Tell me what was functional? Oh yeah we involved ourselves in Libya and Syria's civil war. How has that worked out?
Trump is the latest excuse. How did Trump get elected? Because enough people were tired of the same old BS coming from the 2 major parties. The Bunch of BS comes from the hard liners that refuse to hold their own accountable.
Trump is a low life and all talk. So what changed from the previous 16 years?

Old 07-31-2017, 04:20 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC MCAT View Post
Having a White guy back in office no matter how much of a disaster makes these people feel at ease. No matter how much deflecting and "Race Card" crying they do, the fact of the matter is, they do not like the fact a Black person was the president and succeeded. They hate it because it disproves their ideology that Blacks are not smart enough to be in high positions so they use lies and propaganda about him being the worst president to try and alter facts.
It has nothing to do with Race, Gender, Sexual orientation, Religion, etc. The focus on Identity Politics is ridiculous, and very divisive. Obama was a terrible President because of his politics, and POLICIES. He was not successful, but extremely divisive, and a fiscal/deficit/debt NIGHTMARE. It had nothing to do with his race, or skin color. He was INCOMPETENT.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Deep State? Establishment Republican holdovers? Obama? Rank amateurism and incompetence?
Incompetence.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:22 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
To what do you attribute the level of dysfunction in the Trump White House?

To the petulant man-child that is Trump who can't come to terms with the fact the axis the earth rotates on doesn't pass thru him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies