Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 11:42 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

IF Kelly's the man his reputation makes him out to be I can't see him lasting very long as a minion of a man with no integrity or character like Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 11:56 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,174,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
That's the mantra of any employer to employee, duh.
Except as Trump and his supporters have forgotten, their employer is not Trump, it's the American people.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:08 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
funny to look at this since it was from only two weeks ago

Who will be the next Trump staffer to go?

I would still put Tillerson pretty high on the list. Huckabee-Sanders depends on who they bring in as Comm director. Kelly will be around for a while I think, although of course with this administration, "a while" is relative. But I'd say he'll give it at least 90 days, maybe even until the end of the year, to see if he's got the authority to do things the way he wants. If he doesn't and is expected to be a Trumpy toady, he'll head for the door.

I think that the Senate doesn't want the PR headache on Sessions and will not go into formal recess so Trump can't get away with making a recess appointment. But while the fuss has died down for right now, look for Donnie to go back on the attack against Session to create a distraction when the next piece of damaging info against him or one of the kids becomes public.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:11 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I think Tillerson will go first. I think Sessions is staying now to pi$$ off Trump. They may put him in the other position.
Homeland Security?

Old 08-01-2017, 01:36 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Homeland Security?
That is what I was thinking but don't know if he wants to go. Trump wants to get rid of him so he can get a new yes man to fire Mueller.

What a mess this Presidency is.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:27 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
The skinny hag Conway.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
Tillerson: strong candidate. meeting with trump today. if it's going to happen i'd expect word in about an hour.

Kelly: i'm thinking that either Kelly isn't allowed to implement some order and discipline or he does and trump rebels against it. in either situation i'd imagine kelly would resign.

i'm going for a bit of a long-shot:

Huckabee-Sanders: i think kelly will be looking to make a fresh start on the perception of the WH and replacing the press secretary with someone more professional and by the book would be a quick and easy start.

McMasters

Old 08-03-2017, 02:55 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
McMasters
Yes, I just listened to Hannity on the radio talking about this with Circa's Sarah Carter and another journalist whose name escapes me. Watch the TV show tonight for more. Scary stuff!

I didn't know McCain had recommended McMaster which should have been a red flag. I got creepy vibes from him whenever I watched him speak. Extremely worrying how he fired the pro-Israel people who supported Trump's policies in the Middle East. Especially scary that one of them wanted to present Trump with a way for us to back out of Obama's destructive Iran deal. WTF? He's got to go!

Read more details here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies