Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 10:08 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,120,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
After the full focus of the Fake Stream Media (ignoring actual news) and all of Obama's Spooks, it has been learned (from an unnamed (fictitious) source) that Donald Trump once used Russian (yes I said Russian) dressing on his salad during the Soviet days.
And he had some chicken Kiev at some point too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 10:10 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,120,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Finding absolutely nothing? We found out Hillary had set up an email server in her bathroom to send classified emails, in order to avoid detection. On that server she plotted to rig the primary against Bernie Sanders. Spin that turd!
Plus she had how many electronic devices smash-hammered after the secret server was discovered?

Old 08-01-2017, 10:24 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,692,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have seen dozens of posts on this form about Russia, hacking, rigging elections, etc. Dozens of magazine covers. Probably 1000 or more "we got him this time" blog posts on Facebook. Let alone nightly comments on CNN, NBC and the NYT website. Got to admit, I'm burned out to the point that I don't pay much attention any more.

Soo, would somebody be willing to give me just a paragraph rundown of exactly what we have found? What evidence there is to our election machines being "hacked". Evidence that Putin killed off or otherwise undercut Trump's opponents in the primary process. Maybe proof that the Russians gave Trump debate questions or something. Any actual documentation of any collusion? I mean, I'm sure it's out there.

Democrats wouldn't just be throwing temper tantrums due to losing an election. I mean, we're talking about adults here. And CNN, NYT, etc, wouldn't just make up stuff, report on stories without verifying their sources, and ensuring they were accurate before making accusations like this. Come on, we're talking respected media outlets, not a bunch of irresponsible, spoiled children. And come on, I mean Hillary must have an answer. After all, she's taken some $150 million from Russia, I can't imagine they wouldn't keep her up to speed.

So, please, what are the facts that prove collusion or hacking?
Why don't you bring yourself up to date? There are about a million stories out there.

Here is an interesting one: Businessman Paints A Terrifying And Complex Picture Of Vladimir Putin's Russia : NPR

You won't read it because it's from NPR, but it discusses why Putin was anxious to have Trump win. Was there collusion? No one knows yet because the investigation isn't over.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,502,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Democrats want an excuse for losing the election, so their tactic is to say Russia stole the election from Hillary
That's what Nixon said about the Watergate investigation.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:43 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,214,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Why don't you bring yourself up to date? There are about a million stories out there.

Here is an interesting one: Businessman Paints A Terrifying And Complex Picture Of Vladimir Putin's Russia : NPR

You won't read it because it's from NPR, but it discusses why Putin was anxious to have Trump win. Was there collusion? No one knows yet because the investigation isn't over.
The full transcript of Browder’s prepared remarks is as follows...

Old 08-01-2017, 11:01 AM

51,638 posts, read 25,770,788 times
Chilling to see it confirmed but is anybody surprised, really?

Old 08-01-2017, 12:04 PM

3,570 posts, read 2,517,756 times
Quote:
I have seen dozens of posts on this form about Russia, hacking, rigging elections, etc. Dozens of magazine covers. Probably 1000 or more "we got him this time" blog posts on Facebook. Let alone nightly comments on CNN, NBC and the NYT website. Got to admit, I'm burned out to the point that I don't pay much attention any more.

Soo, would somebody be willing to give me just a paragraph rundown of exactly what we have found? What evidence there is to our election machines being "hacked". Evidence that Putin killed off or otherwise undercut Trump's opponents in the primary process. Maybe proof that the Russians gave Trump debate questions or something. Any actual documentation of any collusion? I mean, I'm sure it's out there.

Democrats wouldn't just be throwing temper tantrums due to losing an election. I mean, we're talking about adults here. And CNN, NYT, etc, wouldn't just make up stuff, report on stories without verifying their sources, and ensuring they were accurate before making accusations like this. Come on, we're talking respected media outlets, not a bunch of irresponsible, spoiled children. And come on, I mean Hillary must have an answer. After all, she's taken some $150 million from Russia, I can't imagine they wouldn't keep her up to speed.

So, please, what are the facts that prove collusion or hacking?
US intelligence & private cybersecurity firms linked the DNC hacks, the Podesta hack, and the penetration of state voter registration databases to hackers affiliated with Russia.

The FBI, special counsel, and several Congressional subcommittees are in the process of investigating Russia's election-related espionage.

The testimony of Bill Browder before the Senate judiciary committee describes the interests and methods of the Putin government. It connects dots that open a lot of critical questioning paths that link to Trump advisors & allies (and to Trump himself): Roger Stone, Jared Kushner, Don Jr., Mike Flynn, Paul Manafort, and Jeff Sessions, at least.

If you haven't been paying attention to stories involving those individuals, then you should search for them.

It is well worth watching the testimony in its entirety. Most of the Senators questioning Mr. Browder are concerned about how his description of Russian efforts dovetails with the news stories involving Trump & his associates.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/mee...trations-day-2

This is the single most important public resource on the topic of Russian interference with the US election to date. In fact, it is one of the most critical Congressional subcommittee hearings in the history of the Republic. If you do nothing else, watch this.

Old 08-01-2017, 01:03 PM

37,152 posts, read 19,160,516 times
Quote:
Wiki, really? The open source site that ANYONE can go edit articles in? I do appreciate the link and actually did read the entire thing. And yet...not one actual piece of evidence. Lots of accusations. Innuendo. Speculation. But no actual evidence or proof.

I'd suggest anyone using that particular Wikipedia source to be sure they read the "talk" section.

After 9 months or more of these stories from Democrats and the highly respected news media of the United States...I actually assume that there was at least one piece of evidence.
The evidence, if there is any, is being gathered slowly and methodically by Bob Mueller and Crew. They are not likely to have loose lips about their findngs until it's time for indictments.

If there is no evidence of wrongdoing, they will find that out as well. Trump would do well to sit down and cooperate with Mueller if he has nothing to hide instead of constantly blowing smoke and trying to divert attention.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:08 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,722,819 times
I don't get the fuss, anyway. Countries often try to influence the outcome of elections in other countries, the US does it all the time, trying to get rid of some presidents ('regime change' they call it, regime seems to be the code name for any government one does not support) or trying to keep others in office, even if they are dictators and no longer supported by the population.

Why is it worse when Russia does it? Don't tell me the US is not trying to help any candidate running against Putin.

The only thing where I do not support the Russians at the moment is their meddling in the Ukraine. They can keep the Crimea as far as I am concerned, they should never have given it away in the first place.

The support of Syria? Why not? I actually like the Russians for their loyalty. They don't change their positions like the wind. Syria has an elected government and the Russians are trying to help it stay in power until the next elections. Seems utterly democratic to me. The West should also support them, actually.

There is that general Russia-bashing again now. Everything the Russians do or say is wrong, just because it is Russia. Without any proof, Kaspersky is being smeared in the media for protectionist and ideological reasons.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:20 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,643,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't get the fuss, anyway. Countries often try to influence the outcome of elections in other countries, the US does it all the time, trying to get rid of some presidents ('regime change' they call it, regime seems to be the code name for any government one does not support) or trying to keep others in office, even if they are dictators and no longer supported by the population.

Why is it worse when Russia does it? Don't tell me the US is not trying to help any candidate running against Putin.

The only thing where I do not support the Russians at the moment is their meddling in the Ukraine. They can keep the Crimea as far as I am concerned, they should never have given it away in the first place.

The support of Syria? Why not? I actually like the Russians for their loyalty. They don't change their positions like the wind. Syria has an elected government and the Russians are trying to help it stay in power until the next elections. Seems utterly democratic to me. The West should also support them, actually.

There is that general Russia-bashing again now. Everything the Russians do or say is wrong, just because it is Russia. Without any proof, Kaspersky is being smeared in the media for protectionist and ideological reasons.
I'm not sure why you cannot see the difference.

How do you think Russia (Putin) would feel toward one of its citizens that aided/abetted the U.S. in meddling? What if it were an opponent of Putin's? Do you think Russia would think it was okay.

Do you think it's okay for an American citizen, someone who claims to be a true Patriot, to "work with" a hostile government to improve his/her chances to win an election? I don't.

While I wish the whole world was an honest place and above board, it is not.

I am just fine with the U.S. "meddling" in foreign affairs if it's done in the name of national defense. I am NOT okay with an American citizen running for office and using "tricks" and "help" from unfriendly nations in order to better their chances for winning. I feel this way across the board about any candidate.

If Donald Trump Jr. was approach by a hostile nation, which Russia has been up until 2016, then he should have done his patriotic duty and reported that contact IMMEDIATELY to the intelligence agencies.

I'm really not sure why you can't see the difference here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies