Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 02:21 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why people don't get this.I keep reading Republican taunts that nothing has been proven.

Don't people realize that this will take months to investigate?

(One expert did say recently that although of course nothing has been proven, he cannot come up with any possible explanation other than very bad actions on the part of both the Trumps and the Russians.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 02:28 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I'm not sure why you cannot see the difference.

How do you think Russia (Putin) would feel toward one of its citizens that aided/abetted the U.S. in meddling? What if it were an opponent of Putin's? Do you think Russia would think it was okay.

Do you think it's okay for an American citizen, someone who claims to be a true Patriot, to "work with" a hostile government to improve his/her chances to win an election? I don't.

While I wish the whole world was an honest place and above board, it is not.

I am just fine with the U.S. "meddling" in foreign affairs if it's done in the name of national defense. I am NOT okay with an American citizen running for office and using "tricks" and "help" from unfriendly nations in order to better their chances for winning. I feel this way across the board about any candidate.

If Donald Trump Jr. was approach by a hostile nation, which Russia has been up until 2016, then he should have done his patriotic duty and reported that contact IMMEDIATELY to the intelligence agencies.

I'm really not sure why you can't see the difference here.
I think it is naive to assume the US does not support whoever runs against Putin.
They also supported the opposition to the Ukrainian president.

If the Russians did what the media says, they also did it in the name of national defense. Every countries foreign politics is about egoism and any pretext is welcome.

Being neither Russian nor American I just don't see much of a difference anymore between those two countries. They both suck in terms of their foreign politics and their hypocritical behavior on the global stage.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:34 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I don't understand why people don't get this.I keep reading Republican taunts that nothing has been proven.

(One expert did say recently that although of course nothing has been proven, he cannot come up with any possible explanation other than very bad actions on the part of both the Trumps and the Russians.)
it's been a year already

plenty of things have leaked from this WH but still no evidence of collusion?

Old 08-01-2017, 03:40 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I think it is naive to assume the US does not support whoever runs against Putin.
They also supported the opposition to the Ukrainian president.

If the Russians did what the media says, they also did it in the name of national defense. Every countries foreign politics is about egoism and any pretext is welcome.

Being neither Russian nor American I just don't see much of a difference anymore between those two countries. They both suck in terms of their foreign politics and their hypocritical behavior on the global stage.
I expect Russia to meddle in the elections. If the U.S. wants to punish them for it, so be it.

I do not expect American citizens to help them meddle. This is the Russia "thing" the OP is looking for.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:45 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
It was created by Pro-Hillary-CNN network. They have a "big nothing sandwich" for news (all the time) so they ruminate every hour on the hour about the Russia thing. and still a big nothing sandwich and they can't stop talking about it...

Old 08-01-2017, 03:50 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
It was created by Pro-Hillary-CNN network. They have a "big nothing sandwich" for news (all the time) so they ruminate every hour on the hour about the Russia thing. and still a big nothing sandwich and they can't stop talking about it...
Oh well then; call off the investigation, tell all the other networks to stop presenting it, but most of all tell the stupid Trump clan to put a sock in their pie-holes because most of the stuff used as fuel is coming from their own stupid mouths as complete 180's from their previous lies .

Old 08-01-2017, 04:14 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I expect the investigation to yield important results:

Russia has been undermining Democratic Republics all over the world but especially in Europe. AKA - Turkey, Hungary, part of the Ukraine and Poland

The Russian government attempted to influence our election. They did not have to as Hillary lost due to her own failures.

the Trump businesses and family have been laundering money stolen from the Russian nation by the Russian Mob headed by Vladimir Putin for three decades. The election of Donald Trump to the Presidency of the US amounts to having their most important agent in the position. This is why The Donald is trying everything he can to end any investigations into his business dealings with Putin.

Old 08-01-2017, 04:28 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Months have passed.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:58 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Months have passed.
Waergate went on a year.
The Ken Starr investigation lasted for over 3 years.

These things don't take just a few months.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:03 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I suspect you'll see it before long. There is no B. Obama or L. Lynch (or Comey) to squelch investigations into Democrat's corruption and crimes anymore.
In other words, Trump is innocent, but he needs better squelchers?

Or, Trump is guilty, and needs better squelchers?

Which is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies