Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 05:34 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
All I see are millions of tax payer dollars being spent to fulfill some warped need to find a crime, simply because the left lost.

Besides he's got this big freakin deal, and he's sharing the wealth with his friends. Cream to be scraped from the community chest doesn't happen often.

Think about it. Typical lawyers at this level command thousands an hour, and then each has their staff of paralegals. I'd bet this witch hunt is already in the 10s of millions, if not a hundred million by now.

Ah well, it's just OPM.
We're you good with the 1000 Benghazi hearings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 05:37 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
All I see are millions of tax payer dollars being spent to fulfill some warped need to find a crime, simply because the left lost.

When Trump said he was going to be the "Law and Order" president, I guess this wasn't what you were expecting. This is law and order at its best.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:37 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Think about it. Typical lawyers at this level command thousands an hour, and then each has their staff of paralegals. I'd bet this witch hunt is already in the 10s of millions, if not a hundred million by now.

Ah well, it's just OPM.
But, just think, they dug up sperm which belonged to Bill Clinton.

Surely you loved Ken Starr? And there was no there there.....

In this case, there is truly a massive number of crimes which are likely to come out.

Trump could save the USA and taxpayers a lot of money by just resigning. Sure, some investigations would continue, but the cost would be lower and the government might get something done.

No one forced Don to be crooked. If it costs 30 million dollars that's 10 cents for each person in the country - too much money for you?

Old 08-01-2017, 05:43 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Quote:

Besides he's got this big freakin deal, and he's sharing the wealth with his friends. Cream to be scraped from the community chest doesn't happen often.

Ah well, it's just OPM.
I love how certain Trump supporters are in such denial. Mueller is finding dirt on Trump. Trump was known as a joke and con man in NYC and had little respect among the legitimate real estate developers in Manhattan. He had a history of opening scam businesses and engaging in shenanigans. He is known to have business dealings with Russian Oligarchs who have a history of money laundering. Nearly every week there are more revelations of Trump and some sort of suspect activity whether it is now, dictating Lil' Don's answers or being a purveyor of false slanderous news regarding Seth Rich.

Poor Trump supporters so confused.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 08-01-2017 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: Editing a perceived name calling comment

Old 08-01-2017, 05:43 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
We're you good with the 1000 Benghazi hearings?
What does that have to do with this?

I'm not happy with any criminal getting away with their crimes. Is there one shred of proof, after a year of investigations? So far, all we've seen are the investigators admitting there is no proof.

Why are the left totally ignoring how many times Clapper, Feinstein, Powers, Comey and the rest of them have said "there is no proof"?

If a cop follows any of us around for a day odds are very good we will break the law, and either get a ticket or go to jail. If there was anything on Trump they would be exclaiming they have proof by now. It's most likely going to end up with a few token indictments against minor players for crimes which have nothing to do with Russia collusion.

It seems like a dog chasing its tail at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
But, just think, they dug up sperm which belonged to Bill Clinton.

Surely you loved Ken Starr? And there was no there there.....

In this case, there is truly a massive number of crimes which are likely to come out.

Trump could save the USA and taxpayers a lot of money by just resigning. Sure, some investigations would continue, but the cost would be lower and the government might get something done.

No one forced Don to be crooked. If it costs 30 million dollars that's 10 cents for each person in the country - too much money for you?
Oh good gravy, you people are all over the place. You wish therefore it is.

BTW, Clinton committed perjury several times and lost his law license for it. He was impeached, but protected by the Dem senate. He committed crimes, and the left totally couldn't have cared less. Now Trump has some fictitious "you think therefore it is" collusion with Putin and the sky is falling.

I'm just trying to be rational about the whole thing.

Just out of curiosity, is this an open ended investigation? Will you still be believing it years down the road, or is there a rational finite end to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I love how Trumpettes are in such denial.
I'm not being partisan. I didn't vote for the guy. Man, as soon as you start name calling you might as well take a seat at the kids table.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:47 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
the left likes lawyers now?

Old 08-01-2017, 05:52 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Please, no.

Every time a Republican gets in the WH there are a bunch of shenanigans. Others take the fall. One got pardoned. But they all slide away without facing any consequences.

Over the last five decades, Democratic administrations have had 1 conviction.

Republican administrations have had 89.

And that doesn't even include Nixon who resigned rather than be impeached in the Senate.

We need to put a stop to illegal behavior in the WH. No one is above the law, not even the POTUS.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 08-01-2017 at 06:11 PM..

Old 08-01-2017, 05:55 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

We need to put a stop to illegal behavior in the WH. No one is above the law, not even the POTUS.
I totally agree! I just see assumptions so far. If there was a real crime I guarantee they would have found it by now... unless there is no crime and they're simply playing political theater, hoping to stretch it out through 2018.

Funny thing, nobody else but the most hard core leftists even care about Russia at this point. I think there was yet another poll that said only 6% of Americans care about it.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:03 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times
Quote:

Ah well, it's just OPM.
So not even close to the cost to the taxpayers for Trump to enjoy a game called golf.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:05 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with this?

I'm not happy with any criminal getting away with their crimes. Is there one shred of proof, after a year of investigations? So far, all we've seen are the investigators admitting there is no proof.

Why are the left totally ignoring how many times Clapper, Feinstein, Powers, Comey and the rest of them have said "there is no proof"?

If a cop follows any of us around for a day odds are very good we will break the law, and either get a ticket or go to jail. If there was anything on Trump they would be exclaiming they have proof by now. It's most likely going to end up with a few token indictments against minor players for crimes which have nothing to do with Russia collusion.

It seems like a dog chasing its tail at this point.

Oh good gravy, you people are all over the place. You wish therefore it is.

BTW, Clinton committed perjury several times and lost his law license for it. He was impeached, but protected by the Dem senate. He committed crimes, and the left totally couldn't have cared less. Now Trump has some fictitious "you think therefore it is" collusion with Putin and the sky is falling.

I'm just trying to be rational about the whole thing.

Just out of curiosity, is this an open ended investigation? Will you still be believing it years down the road, or is there a rational finite end to it?

I'm not being partisan. I didn't vote for the guy. Man, as soon as you start name calling you might as well take a seat at the kids table.
Are you completely ignorant of the American system of justice? You must be, because you keep repeating over and over that there is no evidence of the Trump Campaign collusion or Russian interference in the 2016 election. In every thread, in every post.

Are you such a novice that you think the investigators are going to have daily press conferences to release the evidence they have, even before any indictments have been handed down?

Your posts suggest that you have not a shred of knowledge of how the American Justice system works.

Let me ask you seriously. Are you even from this country?
Because if you are, your ignorance is astounding, frankly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies