Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 10:50 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Mr fake news himself
Exactly. He's just another Progressive liar, and a shill for the Democrats. Remember the false story about Bush, an his Guard service. CBS at its finest.

Quote:
Dan Rather said yesterday that he will end his nearly 24-year reign as CBS News anchor early next year, setting the terms of his departure instead of waiting for an investigative report on his rushed and admittedly flawed story on President Bush's National Guard service.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Nov23.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 10:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Exactly. He's just another Progressive liar, and a shill for the Democrats. Remember the false story about Bush, an his Guard service. CBS at its finest.

Dan Rather to Step Down at CBS (washingtonpost.com)

Two of the document examiners CBS used PRIOR to Rather’s report said the documents were suspicious.

From NPR ( https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...toryId=4279605 ):

Quote:
The independent panel's report says that Rather's statement to viewers that experts had vouched for the documents was "inaccurate." Two of the four experts hired by CBS later said in interviews they had raised objections before the broadcast. In other words, CBS was compounding the broadcast of an untrustworthy story with an untrue defense.
And

Quote:
Mary Mapes comes out worst. Specifically, the report says Mapes got documents from a questionable source, retired Army National Guard Lt. Col. Bill Burkett. She failed to check carefully where he had gotten the documents, making only cursory efforts to track that down.

The night before the broadcast, associate producer Yvonne Miller told the inquiry board, "everything but the ceiling tiles" was falling down on Mapes.

But Mapes, and CBS, plowed ahead. Two of the document examiners hired to review the documents were sharply questioning their authenticity. The report says Mapes brushed aside their concerns. And she deflected the questions of the executives overseeing the show, who were ostensibly her superiors.
And

Quote:
One of the most damning things against CBS News — and the logic to which even Heyward and Rather belatedly yielded, after nearly two weeks — is that the National Guard report relied on documents that the network could not completely vouch for. Instead, their one analyst said critics could not prove they were faked.

That's a standard that no credible journalist would swallow. No reputable network would put a report on the air based on documents if its source had said, "I don't know whether these puppies are real, but no one's proved they aren't."

Old 12-16-2017, 10:56 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
He told the truth ruth about Bush 2. Bush 2 was the worst next to Obambutt.
Actually reminds me... Was not Bugliosi going to try Jr Bush for murder after his term? ...For crimes against the United States re: 9-11?

Old 12-16-2017, 11:00 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Mr Dan Rather took with thoughts right out of my head and and worded it so eloquently. I'm at a loss for words and not a word Smith, he is. He really cuts to the heart of the matter. Well said.

https://m.facebook.com/theDanRather/...59108400970716
Good ole 'trustworthy' Dan <sarcastically>

Old 12-16-2017, 11:02 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Is not he the guy who did the hack job on GW on sixty minutes?
He's the guy. Dan "Rather lie than tell the truth."

Old 12-16-2017, 11:02 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Mr Dan Rather took with thoughts right out of my head and and worded it so eloquently. I'm at a loss for words and not a word Smith, he is. He really cuts to the heart of the matter. Well said.

The same Can Rather that got "retired" after his W. Bush story?

Who really care what he says?

Old 12-16-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
I agree. I always liked Dan Rather, was disappointed about his controversy but he is still a stand up guy and respected journalist. I remember him getting roughed up at the Republican Convention while reporting on the floor under Walter Cronkite.

His show The Big Interview is great, easy, fun entertainment letting the people explain themselves without the pressure.
"he is still a stand up guy and respected journalist"

ONLY by the left!

Old 12-16-2017, 11:05 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Boy is Trump going to be upset over that article, once his handlers explain what all those big words in it mean ! This isn't going to be pretty.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Boy is Trump going to be upset over that article, once his handlers explain what all those big words in it mean ! This isn't going to be pretty.
Even when it is btoken down the left STILL won't understand it.

Gee, it is easy op makes silly comments.

No wonder so many on the left use it a lot because it is all they have.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:21 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:

Dan Rather the FAKE NEWS THIRD CLASS CREEP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies