Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: America's failure or never let Trump win
I would rather the USA fail 3 4.55%
I want Trump to succeed 51 77.27%
America has never been great 12 18.18%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 10:00 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is a catch 22 isn't it, once the reality how truthful the poll questioning is, sets in.
Not thinking past the tip of your nose, has instant satisfaction and long term disasters.

People here that lean way left, balk..... America has never been a success by failures.
You see the truth come to light with a reality poll. Critical thinking sets in, when shown the light.
No, it's not a "Catch 22" Do you even know what that means? No, really it is just dishonest. Just like your hero Trump,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 10:19 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Like you, it is human nature to want your cake and eat it too.

If the President fails, America fails.
That's total nonsense.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:36 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
I'm sure know one wants to see our country fail, although sometimes when I watch the news it seems like many would.
I want to see this country prosper along with its citizens. I'd like to see this happen regardless of whether Trump was responsible or not. Now since I voted for Trump, sure I'd like his presidency to be a success. And seeing where we are at now, if I could go back and change my vote, I would not. Now I'm also only about 50% happy with how things are going, which isn't entirely his fault. I'm sick of both parties, and their games. Once again they are forgetting whom they work for. I think Trump didn't realize how hard it would be for an outsider to come into the "club" and start making changes.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:38 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Nomination for worst C-D poll ever? Do you work for Trump?

Wow...

Old 08-09-2017, 01:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Nomination for worst C-D poll ever? Do you work for Trump?

Wow...

You know what makes this thread the Greatest of all time?

You participating in it.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:22 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
False poll.

A president may succeed or fail, but his failure never causes the nation to fail.

The U.S. did not fail after Nixon resigned. Even though Ford, who replaced him, was never elected President or Vice President.

The nation did not fail when Woodrow Wilson suffered a debilitating stroke while in office, and for the last year of his term, his wife and the Vice President took over the job unofficially. Or when several Presidents died in office.

It never failed when 3 Presidents were assassinated. The Constitution held, and we carried on.

Do I want Trump to succeed? Yes. I want every President to succeed. His success helps us all. But if he fails, we won't go down with him; like Nixon, he will leave all alone.

The rest of us will all go on, you included, with no substantial changes in our lives. It won't be the end of anything but his presidency.

The office is greater than the man in it. Our government is greater than the Presidency alone.

If Trump leaves, it won't even cause a hiccup in our governmental affairs. Others left before him, so it's nothing new.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:25 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
If Donald Trump succeeds with his plan, America will have failed.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:35 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If Donald Trump succeeds with his plan, America will have failed.
He's already a failed president. He had no intention of trying to work with democrats and he has gone after his own party with insults. I mean, what president does that. He's supposed to be a leader not alienate us even further. He's just a disgrace.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:05 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
If OP or anyone thinks Trump has a plan to make America great again they are incredibly stupid. It is abundantly clear now that he has no plan for anything. He simply panders to his shrinking base by pretending to undo whatever Obama did...America be damned. He had no interest in MAGA once he got elected.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:40 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
If OP or anyone thinks Trump has a plan to make America great again they are incredibly stupid. It is abundantly clear now that he has no plan for anything. He simply panders to his shrinking base by pretending to undo whatever Obama did...America be damned. He had no interest in MAGA once he got elected.

He has did things in 6 months, they said he would never get done.
Just the Supreme Court appointment was all I was hoping for. Everything else is the ice cream on top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies