Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 01:36 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
He should have never been in this country in the first place. Who condones illegal immigration? Who embraces illegal immigration? Liberals!
Trump told " Dreamers" they having nothing to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 01:37 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
If he was never in this country in the first place she wouldn't have been raped.
Sure and if we had a population of 0 there would be no crime at all. Any sufficiently large population is going to have criminals in it, that includes immigrants, illegal immigrants, white people, black people, women, children, etc etc etc...

That is why making emotional decisions based on anecdotal stories is logically flawed.

BTW, I am perfectly fine with deporting illegals I just dislike poor logical rationalizations.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:39 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,349 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, thats in the illegal immigration thread, just a few days ago. The guy had a rap sheet a mile long over three states, was arrested in portland 13 times in past decade alone , he had a detainer on him from ice and the liberal local officials released him in defiance of ICE and he goes out and assaults two women.

If these women were my family I would want to kill these liberal open border types, I certainly would do everything in my power through law suits to make those county officials and that city pay for being sanctuary cities.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
No mention of this story at all on cnn, nbc news ,cbs news, abc news, msnbc. My hatred of the media , open border liberals and even open border conservatives just grows on a daily basis. Vile scum
There are 175,000 +/- reported rapes per year in the US. The majority are local news.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are 175,000 +/- reported rapes per year in the US. The majority are local news.
Which is the point I was trying to make, with 500,000,000 + people and god knows how many trillions of person to person interactions per day, one could cherry pick crimes to support literally any possible narrative.

Wanna slime white people, dredge through some crimes for white people.
Wanna slime black people, dredge through some crimes for black people.
etc etc etc

Old 08-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump told " Dreamers" they having nothing to worry about.
Under review
DACA still ‘under review,’ Trump administration says - POLITICO

Old 08-02-2017, 01:42 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Sure and if we had a population of 0 there would be no crime at all. Any sufficiently large population is going to have criminals in it, that includes immigrants, illegal immigrants, white people, black people, women, children, etc etc etc...

That is why making emotional decisions based on anecdotal stories is logically flawed.

BTW, I am perfectly fine with deporting illegals I just dislike poor logical rationalizations.
The reality is that if not in our country he would not have been able to rape this woman. She would have been able to enjoy her morning work out. Instead she was raped, has a broken nose, broken eye socket, a broken jaw, several of her teeth were knocked out and she will be scarred for the rest of her life.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
The reality is that if not in our country he would not have been able to rape this woman. She would have been able to enjoy her morning work out. Instead she was raped, has a broken nose, broken eye socket, a broken jaw, several of her teeth were knocked out and she will be scarred for the rest of het life.
True, as were likely 100s to 1000s of other women on the same day, most of them likely by citizens. This is just emotional thinking.

I would agree completely with the idea that with that rap sheet he should not have been in the country. I do not agree that it is logical to base decisions or world views on individual incidents, down that path lies the patriot act.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:47 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times
We should be as outraged about the thousands of women raped daily in the US regardless of whether the perpetrator is a citizen or an illegal.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Silver lining

Burien passed a sanctuary law in January, but now there's a backlash. Residents have gathered enough signatures to force a vote on if the city should continue to shield undocumented immigrants. Residents are likely to vote on the issue in November, which could be the first referendum of its kind in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies