Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 10:43 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
So all those single dads out there better find a woman and quick! My best friend passed away from leukemia, so now Her children have no mother, I guess their lives are screwed? that is how ridiculous your statement is. They have the most amazing father and are blessed beyond belief.
^^
Lack of common sense again in this post.
It's a game of probabilities. If it's the actual biological father of the kids then obviously he is the best bet to look after the kid if mom dies. This is how nature has set it up. Now, would there be any exceptional cases? You bet there would be.

And If it was a step father then the chances are high that he wouldn't care much about the kids if their biological mother has passws away. Exceptional cases in this scenarios? Sure. - And again, that's my opinion and you don't have to agree with it.

Quote:
I don't know who you are talking to that calls you anti gay because you won't sleep with them, but time to find new friends. I guess that goes for rapists too right? I don't want to sleep with them so I am anti heterosexual?
No, plz don't display such a severe lack of common sense in your posts - a rapist is a criminal while a gay is not just because he is gay. Apples to oranges wouldn't make a good comparison. Try again.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:52 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,954,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Children grow up in homes of all types and do just fine. My father grew up in a single-parent home when his father died just months after my dad was born. My mother had alcoholic parents who physically & emotionally abused her. Bemoaning children with two loving same-sex parents seems kind of silly in light of all the truly sub-optimal child-rearing circumstances possible in this world.
I agree with the general sentiment, but I do think we should take a serious look to see if same sex parenting does harm. I am gay but I don't suffer from the delusion that all family structures lead to similar results. The evidence is abundant that single parent families are generally not good for kids (despite all the protests). Maybe it's the same for gay same sex parents. We should take an honest look at the research and not dismiss it out of hand just because we wish it wasn't true.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:58 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
^^
Lack of common sense again in this post.
It's a game of probabilities. If it's the actual biological father of the kids then obviously he is the best bet to look after the kid if mom dies. This is how nature has set it up. Now, would there be any exceptional cases? You bet there would be.

And If it was a step father then the chances are high that he wouldn't care much about the kids if their biological mother has passws away. Exceptional cases in this scenarios? Sure. - And again, that's my opinion and you don't have to agree with it.

No, plz don't display such a severe lack of common sense in your posts - a rapist is a criminal while a gay is not just because he is gay. Apples to oranges wouldn't make a good comparison. Try again.
You bet I don't agree with your feeling that having two gay parents is a bad thing. A child is being brought up in a loving home, that is what matters. There are many types of families, single parents, step parents, gay parents. A child needs to feel love and supported by their parents.

You are the one who stated "if I say no to being sodmized I am anti-gay" I definitely took it to the extreme because that is how ridiculous your statement reads. I'll take it down a notch. Am I anti-heterosexual because I say no to sex?

Old 08-03-2017, 04:29 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Bonus for the kid.
The child is planned for and wanted instead of just being an oops, as in so many hetero cases.
If having one mom or dad is good, then having 2 moms or dads is twice as good.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:02 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Sin is right there with righteousness ---we all sin... He judges
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
God did not create sin, the enemy did as a byproduct of God's freewill, which is necessary for true love to exist.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Isiah 45:7

People need to read your bibles.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:25 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
Any child raised in a loving family with responsible parents is fortunate; everything else is of little consequence. Instead, how about focusing on the thousands of kids living in poverty, not getting regular meals, or living in homes with alcohol holiday or drug affected parents? They are the children society should concern itself with.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:01 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Bonus for the kid.
The child is planned for and wanted instead of just being an oops, as in so many hetero cases.
If having one mom or dad is good, then having 2 moms or dads is twice as good.

No! Who ever heard of having two Moms or two Dads is good. This is crazy! You want the child to be confused , do this. It's sad.

I never said it was bad for a single mom or single dad to raise a child. That is due to life circumstance. They gotta due the best you can.
It's very different when two gays chose to try to raise a child. This is a bad situation set up for problems with unbalanced gender/masculinity/feminity roles. The child will surely grow up confused. People choose to put a child in this situation, it is not a circumstance of life. I wish the gay couple could not adopt a child by law, they can't have a child to birth anyway!

Old 08-03-2017, 06:22 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
No! Who ever heard of having two Moms or two Dads is good. This is crazy! You want the child to be confused , do this. It's sad.

I never said it was bad for a single mom or single dad to raise a child. That is due to life circumstance. They gotta due the best you can.
It's very different when two gays chose to try to raise a child. This is a bad situation set up for problems with unbalanced gender/masculinity/feminity roles. The child will surely grow up confused. People choose to put a child in this situation, it is not a circumstance of life. I wish the gay couple could not adopt a child by law, they can't have a child to birth anyway!
My child is far from confused. I'm proud of the man my child is becoming.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:27 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,035,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
So all those single dads out there better find a woman and quick! My best friend passed away from leukemia, so now Her children have no mother, I guess their lives are screwed? that is how ridiculous your statement is. They have the most amazing father and are blessed beyond belief.

I don't know who you are talking to that calls you anti gay because you won't sleep with them, but time to find new friends. I guess that goes for rapists too right? I don't want to sleep with them so I am anti heterosexual?
The quoted user will give try to sugar coat and sound secular but will never completely support LGBT, because he is conditioned to oppose it.

This post is proof and you will ROTFL..

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...neighbors.html

Old 08-03-2017, 06:53 AM

1,023 posts, read 912,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
The quoted user will give try to sugar coat and sound secular but will never completely support LGBT, because he is conditioned to oppose it.

This post is proof and you will ROTFL..

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...neighbors.html
Wait, I wasn't ready. HAHAHAHAHA. This poster really created a post about a man sexually assaulting a donkey? Then he proceeded to present the story to the entire LGTBQ community like "here...see what you people have done. What do you have to say for yourselves now?" LMAO. You should have to pay for this type of comedy.

Wait, is he implying that having sex with a donkey makes one a homosexual? This donkey f***er is probably a die hard, bible thumping, God fearing married Christian man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies