Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 02:19 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
You're saying I'm still a leftist extremist? I did not join Madonna's provocative rhetoric when Trump was inaugurated.
Looks like your post, not mine.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:30 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I was born in 1957. Obviously when I was six I didn't understand politics. I did understand the radio stories about "Negroes" being met with fire-hoses and attack dogs for the sin of going to school. I vaguely understood the aspirational and prostest songs such as "Blowin' in the Wind," "If I Had a Hammer," "We Shall Overcome" and "Where Have All the Flowers Gone." As the sixties went on I was on the side of "peace" in Vietnam and of the Earth Day movement. I supported the Pentagon Papers publication. All of this was between ages six and 14.

This began to change with the Lod Airport massacre in May 1972 in Tel Aviv and the Olympics Massacre that same year. The condemnations of both atrocities by liberal politicians was mixed with "understanding" of Arab anger. I felt at the time that a senseless murder was a senseless murder. Still, one of the last things I did with my father was distribute literature for the McGovern campaign on November 5, 1972, two days before the election.

My father was a staunch liberal. His death on January 5, 1973 really set my mind free politically. I started liking the "cornball" country music he detested. I didn't like to admit to my friends that I rather liked Gordon Sinclair's "The Americans" which was on AM radio, if I recall correctly, in April and May 1973. White I thrilled to Nixon's travails that spring, the following summer and winter and his resignation in August 1974, I supported the Nixon Pardon. And I may add, alone in my high school.

While I voted for Jimmy Carter in 1976, and even going to the Democratic Convention with a press pass, I found his growing affection for left-wing causes painful. I voted for him in 1980, mostly out of fear of the novelty and dramatic change that Reagan threatened. I actually did likewise in 2016, voting for Clinton. But I correctly predicted that deregulation, in particular decontrol of oil and gasoline prices, would lower costs for Americans. As liberals began to champion nonsense causes such as "global warming" and became increasingly aligned with forces that wanted to harm the U.S. I almost completely parted company with what misguided people call "liberalism." Frankly it is control-freak fascism with a politically correct name.
Totally bogus jbqusa.

YOU BLEW IT! that last paragraph you went from reasonable to faker baker. "control-freak" "fascism" my butt. Your entire post made as worthless by your last few lines.

I dont believe you. I don't believe you were ever a lib and if i had to guess you copy pasted and added in the BS at the end.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:45 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
When you are young, if you aren't liberal you have no heart.
When you are old, if you aren't conservative you have no brain.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:46 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times

Here is Jbqusa, supporting Trump in an earlier post so we can clearly see JBQ is NOT being completely honest with us.

Quote:
Are you talking about Obama? Basically he governed by executive orders and golfing.

Give Trump one thing; he's a worker.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post48720399
And here is Jbq denying Russia etc despite absolute proof that Russia was running bots, fake news, hammering FB, leaking dirt and lies non stop.

Quote:
jbgusa
Left Wing Democrat

The people who believe that Russia impacted the election probably believe that Moscow implanted a brain chip into all voters in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and were remote-controlling the election.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post48453847

So what I see is a poser. Someone trying to pass themselves off as a one time liberal, when in truth JBG appears to be a conservative that supports trump, but wants to influence opinion by pretending to be a turned liberal.

l

Old 08-02-2017, 04:51 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Poser...

If the shoe fits, etc.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:54 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,071,063 times
So what was this thread for? Another echo chamber about how the left is ruining America? We have dozens of threads like that already.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:55 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
You've never come across as a left-winger in any way, shape, or form, jb, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to come out as a "moderate left-winger." No, you give one the impression that you stand firmly in the right and that you're an enthusiastic Trump supporter.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
jbg, if by moderate left winger you mean you moved from the extreme far left, to closer in the middle on the left, I guess I can see that.

In other words, you went from (on a scale from 1 - 10, let's say) a 10 to a 7? I've gone from a 5 to a 1 or 2.

I think most people land somewhere closer to center than not, regardless of which side they're on. People who are 2 or 3 may look at your politics as far to the left because 7 is out there to them, but it's still not a 10 to you so you think it's more moderate left.

It's all relative.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:10 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
When you are young, if you aren't liberal you have no heart.
When you are old, if you aren't conservative you have no brain.
And then there are those who have a demonstrable lack of either...

Old 08-02-2017, 05:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Meaning: I've read lots of your posts.

That's what.
Agree. It looks like the OP's post has been posted before but the OP wanted to repeat it. The OP appears to be anti-environment, anti-immigrant, anti-poor, anti-healthcare and a Trump fan. As a fan of shutting down the EPA, nominating Neil Gorsuch, etc. this post appears to be is an attempt by a right winger to paint Democrats as extreme. I don't know of a single Democrat that has any interest in shutting down the EPA. I know of no Democrat that cheers at the way Gorsuch was nominated a year after Scalia died. Even a moderate Democrat would have cheered at the nomination of Merrick Garland, who was an attempt to please both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies