Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 11:23 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Im still trying to figure out why this is news. McDonalds screwed up an order? Did that never happen before? As others have said, most of us would return to the store and exchange the sandwich. Work it out then and there. This stinks of a publicity stunt to get attention and or money.
As I previously posted. The dates are too close to be a coincidence as this was pulled at another McDonalds in another country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
This may be where these people got the idea to pull this off from a few days before:
Muslim man finds bacon in Maccas chicken wrap
News Corp Australia Network | 28th Jul 2017

https://www.centraltelegraph.com.au/...-wrap/3205911/

Old 08-03-2017, 11:34 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
McDonald's, a lot of money to be collected by suing them, CAIR helps. That's all this is, damn American hating people need to go the hell back from where they came from. How does does some kid in the back know who he is building a sandwich for. I bet if they analyze the bacon it didn't even come from McDonald's. Every staff member and McDonald's need to counter sue these bastards
I see your point, but as a kid, I did work in restaurants, including a fast food chain as my first real job. We knew EXACTLY what we were feeding you. It only gets uglier from there. Have you ever seen the movie " Waiting" ? Some of Ryan Reynolds finest work, but you wont want to dine out for a while after watching.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:41 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I see your point, but as a kid, I did work in restaurants, including a fast food chain as my first real job. We knew EXACTLY what we were feeding you. It only gets uglier from there. Have you ever seen the movie " Waiting" ? Some of Ryan Reynolds finest work, but you wont want to dine out for a while after watching.
So as a FF worker you would say the employees in the back cooking and assembling the orders are fully aware of who ordered the particular food, their nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
If you go onto YouTube and look at the current assembly process of the sandwich it's impossible to do to 14 sandwiches in the manner they described.

Quote:
“The bacon was either on top of the chicken or hidden underneath within the sandwich so (the consumer) couldn’t tell if it was there or not,” said Khuala Hadeed, the head of the Alabama’s Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), in a statement to the Decatur Daily.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:56 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,036 times
Quote:

Bacon put in Muslim family's sandwiches at Decatur McDonald's, Alabama group says
Good thing the Muslim family didn't visit the restroom. There would have been a nasty surprise in store for them there, also.
Attached Thumbnails
Muslim Customer Finds Bacon in McDonald's Chicken Sandwiches-push-button-receive-bacon.png  

Old 08-03-2017, 11:59 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So as a FF worker you would say the employees in the back cooking and assembling the orders are fully aware of who ordered the particular food, their nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
I know that when someone pissed us off, they got the treatment.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:04 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,599 times
I consider stuff like that a bonus, like finding a few onion rings in your fries.

This is right up there with an India guy holding up the toll line on the Parkway having the teller recount the change several times. Don't be so cheap by holding everybody up! I just count the dollars and quarters.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:10 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
I don't know why this is hard to understand.... if you order something at a restaurant, you want to get that thing. If it's an accident that it's wrong, then OK, but if you think they did it just to spite you, that's a violation. That's something that should get someone fired. Let's take out the fact that it's not YOUR religion.... if you went to a freakin Denny's, order pancakes, make it clear at some point that you're a vegetarian, and your pancakes come with a steak on top of them and a wink, WTF would you think.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:12 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
I don't know why this is hard to understand.... if you order something at a restaurant, you want to get that thing. If it's an accident that it's wrong, then OK, but if you think they did it just to spite you, that's a violation. That's something that should get someone fired. Let's take out the fact that it's not YOUR religion.... if you went to a freakin Denny's, order pancakes, make it clear at some point that you're a vegetarian, and your pancakes come with a steak on top of them and a wink, WTF would you think.
You clearly have never worked in a restaurant before. See NLVgal's post above.

Rule #1. Do not upset a cook.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You clearly have never worked in a restaurant before. See NLVgal's post above.

Rule #1. Do not upset a cook.
Actually Rule #1 is not to upset the person taking your order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies