Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 05:40 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Somewhere in this long thread I've answered this and included a link. Halal has loopholes (Kosher does not). I don't know where my original links are in the thread so I've found these links which one of them does answer your question but the website is anti-Islam. Between the two of them it should answer your question.

IMPORTANT: Qur’an says Muslims are allowed to eat non-halal food! | Boycott Halal
https://www.al-islam.org/a-code-of-p...ating-drinking

Basically if they say a prayer, the chicken is made allowable to eat. If I were Muslim and there were no locations to eat at, I would've ordered the fish with no condiments.
That isn't true. You are linking to a site that is against Halal food. In Islam, one may do that IF there is NO other food available. So one does not starve over Halal rules. It does not say if it's inconvenient.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Somewhere in this long thread I've answered this and included a link. Halal has loopholes (Kosher does not). I don't know where my original links are in the thread so I've found these links which one of them does answer your question but the website is anti-Islam. Between the two of them it should answer your question.

IMPORTANT: Qur’an says Muslims are allowed to eat non-halal food! | Boycott Halal
https://www.al-islam.org/a-code-of-p...ating-drinking

Basically if they say a prayer, the chicken is made allowable to eat. If I were Muslim and there were no locations to eat at, I would've ordered the fish with no condiments.
Ask 2 Jewish Scholars and get 3 different answers as the saying goes. My Jewish friend who studies and is working every day to be more and more observant says the answer to whether there are 'loopholes' is different depending on who you ask. And not all are so observant to begin with. As with Muslims. Only one of my Muslim friends won't eat pork. The rest of them cram it down like other good Americans! Only one observes Ramadan to the letter. (he really loves that first cigarette after sundown!)

Old 08-06-2017, 06:13 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
If a Muslim wants to be sure of what's in their sandwich all they have to do is request a Atkins sandwich and they can inspect it before eating it.

This is a Japanese link, but it covers the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YphiUxOuCRI
If you cannot make a thread honestly, you should not make threads.

They ordered McChickens, which do not come with bacon. Someone put bacon on their food, or more accurately, someone tampered with their food and the absolute minimum thing that should happen to that person is be fired. Frankly, they should be charged with a crime. Tampering with someone's food isn't something that should be treated as meaningless. It doesn't matter if what they did was harmless, mainly because you can't know for sure if it was.

Imagine a diabetic goes to a movie theater, orders a diet soda, and the person gives them regular soda because they think diet soda is stupid. That diabetic is now in a coma. Because a server purposefully messed with their food.

And frankly, that's not even a fair example, because that feasibly could have been an accident. A tiny piece of bacon, suggesting it was meant to be hidden, in food that does not come with bacon does not have the same plausible deniability. Especially when it's multiple sandwiches.

Again, which employee did this should at the very least be fired, if not more. Frankly, I think a fine should be the minimum, and I wouldn't consider jail time unreasonable. Tampering with someones food isn't a joke. And making it about social justice, for it or against it, is missing a significantly more important point.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:21 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
That isn't true. You are linking to a site that is against Halal food. In Islam, one may do that IF there is NO other food available. So one does not starve over Halal rules. It does not say if it's inconvenient.
You didn't bother to read what I typed.

Quote:
These so-called Muslims went to McDonalds because of convenience. I doubt they truly follow Halal. I doubt their version is reality as no one from the surrounding community who actually live there has come out and said anything. As the days go by, it becomes more evident that it didn't happen.

Even the one in England a few days before at a McDonalds has had no support from the community either.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...e20fc97056f354

Old 08-06-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
If you cannot make a thread honestly, you should not make threads.

They ordered McChickens, which do not come with bacon. Someone put bacon on their food, or more accurately, someone tampered with their food and the absolute minimum thing that should happen to that person is be fired. Frankly, they should be charged with a crime. Tampering with someone's food isn't something that should be treated as meaningless. It doesn't matter if what they did was harmless, mainly because you can't know for sure if it was.

Imagine a diabetic goes to a movie theater, orders a diet soda, and the person gives them regular soda because they think diet soda is stupid. That diabetic is now in a coma. Because a server purposefully messed with their food.

And frankly, that's not even a fair example, because that feasibly could have been an accident. A tiny piece of bacon, suggesting it was meant to be hidden, in food that does not come with bacon does not have the same plausible deniability. Especially when it's multiple sandwiches.

Again, which employee did this should at the very least be fired, if not more. Frankly, I think a fine should be the minimum, and I wouldn't consider jail time unreasonable. Tampering with someones food isn't a joke. And making it about social justice, for it or against it, is missing a significantly more important point.
This poster is also putting up links to misinformation regarding Halal rules. I didn't bother with the second link, because I already know Halal rules. I did peek at the first one to see where the mis-information was coming from. It's a site that is against Halal food, and even goes so far as to mis-quote the Qu'ran to make it's case.

If fact, if you google this Sura, quoted from the Qu'ran, what you get is a whole page of hits from sites who seek to disallow it.

Surah 2:173 states:
If one is forced because there is no other choice, neither craving nor transgressing, there is no sin on him.

That Sura has no application here. It's completely irrelevant. The subject of what is and is not Halal is not relevant. They did NOT ask for Halal food. !

Old 08-06-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:

These so-called Muslims went to McDonalds because of convenience. I doubt they truly follow Halal. I doubt their version is reality as no one from the surrounding community who actually live there has come out and said anything. As the days go by, it becomes more evident that it didn't happen.

Even the one in England a few days before at a McDonalds has had no support from the community either.

Muslim man finds bacon in Maccas wrap
It doesn't matter if they completely follow Halal. That is totally irrelevant. They merely wanted to avoid the worst extreme Haram regarding food. They didn't want to directly consume actual Haram food. Lordy!

Old 08-06-2017, 06:33 PM

So-called Muslims? all but one of the Muslims I know eat pork. That means they are not real Muslims?

This is another weird myth. That Muslims are either extremely devout or not really Muslims. THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN is total BS! Most people in all three major religions fall somewhere on a scale of observance. It's why there are terms like 'fundamentalist' and 'Orthodox' and 'Ultra-Orthodox' to describe the MINORITY of extremes. Christians are notorious for picking and choosing which sins are actually important! Lordy.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:39 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
So-called Muslims? all but one of the Muslims I know eat pork. That means they are not real Muslims?

This is another weird myth. That Muslims are either extremely devout or not really Muslims. THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN is total BS! Most people in all three major religions fall somewhere on a scale of observance. It's why there are terms like 'fundamentalist' and 'Orthodox' and 'Ultra-Orthodox' to describe the MINORITY of extremes. Christians are notorious for picking and choosing which sins are actually important! Lordy.
What are you talking about?!

Old 08-06-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:

Muslim man finds bacon in Maccas wrap
That one is stupid because it was an actual mistake and Muslims and Jews can not expect a non-Halal, non-Kosher place to never make an error that goes against someone's religion.

Now, if the people in the subject of the OP are doing a hoax for attention and made-up bigotry, then f them. But lacking evidence that is what happened, I am discussing the event as described.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What are you talking about?!
Oh please. Let's not even go there. The point is that extreme adherence is not required to make one a 'real' Muslim.

Although the Taliban and AQ and ISIS would agree with the OP on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies