Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 06:48 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I have literally never heard of a Jew who keeps kosher eating at McDonald's.
You don't know many Jews then (and yes, I know you're Jewish. :P). It's pretty common to keep "Kosher style" when going out, particularly in Conservative communities. My college roommate was like that - wouldn't mix meat and dairy or eat pork, but would virtually never be able to eat out otherwise. Her parents didn't keep Kosher. She wouldn't eat Kosher style now, but then again, she's a Rabbi! Most of my coworkers are Jewish and almost all will eat Kosher style rather than strict Kosher, and they would be equally upset if they found bacon in their meal.

Religion is not all or nothing.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:05 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Because everyone knows they all keep secret strips of dead pig in their pockets to frame innocent business owners. Got it.

Good grief.
Not like it doesnt happen. Remember the finger in the chili, the lady who sued McD for spilling hot coffee on herself or the man who sued because McDs made him fat? People have been known to put their own hair on a partially eaten meal.
The way people are lusting for media attention these days, and it does seem like a number of Muslim folks creating confrontation, snips of video and social media posts, it would not be surprising.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:10 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
CAIR can stuff it! Read the damn menu, idiots!

Old 08-03-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
People have all kinds of food modification requirements based on preferences, health or medical issues and religious viewpoints.

Any place of business that serves food (which includes all employees) should be aware of these diet restrictions and make every attempt to accommodate customers. Intentional violation of these restrictions in any way whether it is spitting in a sandwich, giving peanuts to someone with a peanut allergy or giving bacon to a Muslim should be dealt with in the same manner.
Or those with food modifications requirements should take the responsibility of not eating in places where there is a good chance those food restrictions cant or wont be met to their satisfaction. Honestly FF joints aren't a place most people would eat if they were adhering to ANY food restrictions.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:13 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I know plenty of people who keep Kosher at home but eat whatever they want when they go out.

If this was deliberate and not just a mistake, whoever did it should be fired.

As for the comments here about assimilation, someone needs to go back to school and learn what being an American means. Or feel free to go elsewhere and start your own country, but don't bother to take the Constitution with you since you don't seem to believe what it says anyway.
No, they shouldn't be fired!

I don't think McDonald's does "special orders." You buy what's on the menu. Read the damn menu!

Old 08-03-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

I don't think McDonald's does "special orders." You buy what's on the menu. Read the damn menu!
Right. For special orders they should have gone to Burger King. Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce, special orders dont up set us, have it your way.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:37 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Haha what idiots! You have to question people that are so stupid as to find eating bacon or pork a "bad thing". If it were up to me every terrorist we capture would be force-fed bacon and pork right before being executed.
I always enjoy your posts, Marleinie; they are so refreshingly kind and full of deep philosophical thought. /s

There are lots of Christians who don't eat pork for religious reasons, as well as Jews & Muslims. There are people who simply find pigs disgusting and won't eat the meat for that reason, and people who eat no meat for moral reasons.

By the way, as far as I know, no religion punishes a person for being forced or tricked into eating an 'unclean' food. So there's that.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:38 AM

39,878 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I believe KFC is Halal.

Buddahism, Hinhuism, Jainism, Judiahism, Islam all have dietary laws with pork being the single greatest forbidden food.

Some people are more observant of dietary laws, than others. Some trend practical, especially when traveling.

Used to be Catholics were not allowed to eat meat on Fridays. While many observed, others did not.
Do you have any links to that? If so, I won't be supporting them. Halal slaughter is particularly brutal, working to ensure the maximum possible pain and suffering to the animal. Look into some videos on it. I certainly support the meat industry-but we have a responsible to ensure that the slaughter is as painless and non-traumatic as possible.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:44 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:

When I worked at McD's thirty years ago, they did. And I've never had a problem requesting something prepared differently than the menu states (no pickle, extra pickle, plain, well-done, whatever). Lots of people get plain burgers for their kids or dogs, actually.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
CAIR can stuff it! Read the damn menu, idiots!

CAIR = America's Muslim Brotherhood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies